The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoint Not Helping

Rakuall

I just played Sedna-Hyosube, and the waypoints seemed to point to the ultimate objective (the machines, or extraction) about 75% of the time, rather than pointing to the door that leads to the objective. This made it senselessly hard to navigate, and a mission that should have taken me 15 minutes took me nearly twice that.

I see two solutions to this:

1. Fix the waypoint. It should lead you from section to section easily, not get you confused.

2. Leave the waypoint at it's final destination, and give us a world (level) map to plot our own route. Working off the minimap is frustrating as heck, especially when the levels are goofy shaped. Plus, the M key isn't being used right now.

I suppose you could hybridize the two as well. The minimap waypoint leads to the next door, and the wrold amp waypoint displays the final location of the current objective.

I think you're playing on the new map that was installed for grineer. Correct me If I'm wrong, but it should be the one where there is a large tower in the center of a circular room. 

The warframe levels are made up of 'tiles'. The waypoint directs the player from one tile to the next. The large room mentioned earlier is one large tile, and so the waypoint can be extremely confusing in that level.

Nope, I know about tiles, and have had zero problems in the tower tile when it comes up. It didn't in this mission. In many different tiles (and their duplicates) the waypoint would simply be off in black space on the edge of the minimap, forcing me to check every single door to see if it lead to another room (tile). And then forcing me to check all of the next rooms (tiles) doors, to see which one (if any) lead onward.

Edited by Rakuall

This happens in the mission tile that is a large "tower-like" room with multiple floors.  When the direction to the objective passes through the top of that room, the waypoint appears off in the blackness of the screen regardless of what tile the player is in.  Until the character scales the room and goes up the single-floor open elevator that is the only method of getting to the very top of the chunk, you will see an objective marker that seems to make no sense.  Once at the top of said room however, the objective appears normally on the map.

The problem is, if you're not in that large "tower-like" room, you have to get to it completely blind.  If you haven't been in it on your path yet, that could be sightly difficult.

Edit:

This should probably be moved into the bug forum.

Edited by Thaumatos