Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip Steel Meridian

Brimir

Definitely the Syndicate I wanted, because lore and stuff, but now that their rewards have been revealed they don't "favour" the Warframes I like so unless I want to screw myself over, I'll have to probably pick the Arbiters (because Loki).

I really, really wish they had dumped the "favoured Warframes" aspect of the Syndicates because it very much forces your hand.

EDIT: I realize that Arbiters and Meridian don't clash, so I lucked out. But a lot of players didn't - their favourite Warframe syndicate clashes with the one they want to join out of lore or theme or something.

Edited by Brimir

Except if you scrolled down you would have seen that Glen said that only two of the Warframes were named for each faction, and each one has more. Hell you could have used context clues.

Except if you read about the Arbiters you'd see that Loki is already "taken" by them.

Why not just trade for the agument mods of the warframes you like?

Because that relies far too much on another player to get what I want.

If you mainly use Loki you can go with Arbiters of Hexes and SteelMers without problem. They don't bite each other. Just switch the their Sigils (which you can without problem). However your Red Veil rating will suffer, since the Arbiters hate them, but since SteelMer like them the rating will go down slower.

Also the special mods they give you for those favored Warframes are tradeable. Just find someone with your problem but on other faction and enchange the mods with them.

It seems the whole favor thing is simply build in to encourage players to interact with each other more.

And if you don't like interacting with other. Just main each faction one after another, get all their mods and THEN main the one faction you prefer. There is a max limit to how much negative standing you can have with a faction.

Edited by Othergrunty

If you mainly use Loki you can go with Arbiters of Hexes and SteelMers without problem. They don't bite each other.

As I said, I lucked out. There are most likely tons of other players who are don't have it that easy i.e their favoured Warframe clashes with their favourite Syndicate.

Guest killine

Its surprisingly useful for me. I always use Saryn as my primary warframe and Rhino for speed runs. So yeah. On the other hand i will just gain all of the reputations and get all the weapons. So it doesnt really matter.

As I said, I lucked out. There are most likely tons of other players who are don't have it that easy i.e their favoured Warframe clashes with their favourite Syndicate.

The favoring is simply the ability boosting mods they give. You won't lose standing with them just for using a Warframe they don't prefer. Meanwhile those mods can be gained via other players and they are not one time only

So for example If you like Vauban but want to join the Perrin Sequence, just do so and trade the Mag and Nekros booster mods with someone who mained Suda but likes using Mag.

It's not so much about punishing players as it is to encourage them to interact or develop strategies to get what they like.

God Warframe really IS becomming kind of a trading card game.

It always sort of has been :)

Ha, i know. During Gamescon 2013 i think Rebecca or Sheldon allready made a comment how mods are resembling trading cards. Likewise the only way to get mods with plat is via random chance packs.

And now we got another motivation towards the "trading" part of the name.

Edited by Othergrunty

Wait...the 'new' warframe mods from the syndicates are tradeable? Aren't they removing warframe mods...

So...now I need to press 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. to activate the new powers...or...what? Oh well a few hours left and I'll find the answers myself.

Edited by Laisha

I'm a Volt user 24/7 and I plan to join the Arbiters of Hexis because of their ideology but still I bet that some people from my clan will give me the Volt mods from the Red Veil. In my case I cant work with both but still I plan to be with the Syndicate who I believe will suit me most as belief. :)

Wait...the 'new' warframe mods from the syndicates are tradeable? Aren't they removing warframe mods...

So...now I need to press 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. to activate the new powers...or...what? Oh well a few hours left and I'll find the answers myself.

...No. The mods people are talking about are mods that alter or boost the function of existing abilities. Not entirely new abilities themselves.

Ability mods are being removed. The mods that affect abilities are not. The syndicate frame mods fall in the second category.

i think thoose so called mods are ability modifier they were talkin about in dv stream