Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1. A Novices Support Builds

(XBOX)SnOrTnMoUnTaiNz

Question

Hello fellow Tennos, I go by the name of SnortnMountainz, I have been playing WarFrame since it came out on Xbox One.

I have learned soo much from playing with randoms and experimentation, One thing i have noticed while playing this amazing game is NO ONE PLAYS THE SUPPORT ROLE, idk why but i care. From my experience with the game, and what i have managed to obtain so far, i think i have some pretty good Support WarFrame builds. Sure theres nothing wrong with being a tank, playing aggressive, or just being a straight out beast, but i perfer the support role. These are the my 2 builds for the Vauban and Rhino Prime, ive played tThe Vauban eever since i finished my excalibur, a week after  Warframe was released on Xbox one, Havent touch Rhino Prime because of reasons lol, hope you enjoy a Novices Support Builds.

The Vauban

Being the 1st WarFrame i crafted, this has been my favorite warframe since, he is the utility warframe that every party should have, over the time with him and obtaining new duration cards ive managed to make Lubleu ( Thats what i named my Vauban) the perfect Support warframe. Vortex and Bastille (which last 22-25secs) are my main abilities, coupled together with duration mods i can use vortex offensively ( place in front of spawning areas and doorways, this is what i call the spartan effect)or defensively ( throw it in a mob to give yourself time and space to revive a fellow tenno ). I use Bastille for late game, if there is an energy shipon being used by a team mate then you can spam 2-3 of these and just go ham ( mind you these abilities will last you for about 22-25 seconds ), protection from a far is not a bad thing. As for the build. i only used one forma to change the double dash into a defensive slot and a potato, all in all its not expensive to craft this build

http://goo.gl/Ng5OOl

Rhino Prime

Acutally proud of myself that i managed to grind for this warframe and didnt noticed i had all the parts until about a week ago lol. The Rhino Prime, all i hear is Rhino Stomp this Rhino Stomp that, thats cool and all but like i said, im the Support Type. just as in my Vauban build i went for duration, utilizing shield recharge, roar, & iron skin as the main abilities, with the possibility of having my team with a DMG buff of 200% for a long time with a good defence with iron Skin, i beleive to this build to be perfect all around. please note i havent used my Rhino Prime yet as im waiting for my Boar Prime, Scindo Prime,Wyrm Prime, and Sicarus Prime to finish in the forge before i use him ( i just want to go full blown Prime with Rhino lol ). using http://warframe-builder.com/ (which is amazing) to build my Rhino Prime with the cards i have, so these build isnt a "this is what i want my rhino to be if i had had the right cards" but a Rhino i can build with the cards i have. This build will cost you the usual Potato and 2 formas, ditching a double dash for a Defensive slot and changing the Aura slot to a single dash instead of a Y. i will be using the Boar Prime with Venasuar (what i named my rhino Prime) so i choose to go with Shotgun Scavenger, also thinking about going with SPRINT BOOST, but i have to farm for that card as i dont have it. 

http://goo.gl/ZGic6d

Thank you guys for taking the time out to read this post, i know its long but its informative ( i hope ). Please tell me what you guys think. Thank You

5 answers to this question

people do play support, but not when it is not needed.  You don't need a lot of support until facing difficult enemy. 

Lots of frames have a variety of support roles.   Any of the many aoe attacks that incapacitate entire rooms full of enemy are great.  Anything that heals, buffs, etc the team is great.   Stomp, by the way, incapacitates a lot of enemy.  That *is* support when you are facing the kinds of things that can rip off a buffed iron skin with just a couple of hits.   

Shotgun scavenger .... do you *really* use enough ammo to NEED it?   I can do that if I hold down the button on phage and never let it go, but everything else, I have had NO problems with shotty ammo.  Rifle amp *supports* your team if they use rifles (most players do?).   Corrosive projection is also good support if you have it.  

One last thought.... a lot of healers and buffbots and such players from MMOs used to go on and on about support and argue the point, but regardless, IMHO DAMAGE IS SUPPORT.    A dead enemy is crowd controlled.   Forever.  A dead room full of enemies are also crowd controlled.   Play a "support" frame all you want,  but build it to kill efficiently as well --- use good weapons and choose a frame that can fight well alongside its team skills.    I am not gonna claim my mag frame is a support build, but when every enemy in the place is rolling around on the floor, it helps, and shes built to hurt things, and that helps too... 

Your builds have a ways to improve.  A rank 1 Constitution is really not worth the extremely high mod cost for example.  Also, Narrow hurts Vortex since it is affected by the negative radius; using Stretch should help to offset this.  In truth you should use all 3 builds provided.  This would allow you to optimize for Vortex or Barrier as each has different needs.  Also, mods like Fleeting can be used to greatly reduce your energy costs.  While it will also shorten the duration the reduced cost will more than offset the shorter duration.

Your Rhino Prime build is very inefficient since shields do not take damage until Iron Skin is removed.  Investing so much in something that you should not be using seems entirely wasteful.  Mods like Vitality and Rage also help to ensure that when you do finally take damage you have the energy to cast Iron Skin again.  Having Narrow, Continuity and Constitution is great but you don't have Intensify or Blind Rage to increase Roar's damage bonus.  Again, this build needs to be improved in many different ways (especially the aura).

Thank you for posting your experience but I would encourage you to review other builds on warframe builder or to ask questions on these forums since you are still very new to the game.

@Jonnin this is from my experience so far, i was not generalizing the game, i have offensive builds as well, on another note would you mind sharing what your Mag Prime build is, i have her but i cant seem to like her, her crush ability falls extremely short in late game and the enemies have instant recovery if it doesnt kill them

@Hiero_Glyph with vortex i use it on door ways, i dont solo so the team i am playing with helps alot, and my rhino does need to improve, as i stated i have not used him yet and Warframe Builder does not show stats, but i managed to alter it with your imput, sop hows this?

http://goo.gl/Scq3Mm

@Jonnin & @Hiero_Glyph these builds i have crafted where with specific weapons in mind, the boar prime for rhino and the latron wraith & Paris Prime with vauban, the information you guys have provided is well appreciated, thank you

Again, you are new so my experiences won't mean much when you lack the mods/weapons to make use of them.  The only thing to note is that weapons should enhance your builds, not the other way around.  A warframe can use any weapon, but is limited to just 4 abilities.  As such you want to make sure that the abilities are the focus and that the weapons compliment this.

Paris Prime is good with Vauban as it can penetrate multiple enemies when fully charged and deals significant headshot damage.  Latron Wraith is better with Bastille since it requires headshots and those are difficult to achieve with Vortex.  Using different builds designed for different purposes would solve this issue.

Boar Prime is an ammo hog so in reality, Shotgun Ammo Mutation is superior to Shotgun Scavenger.  This also leaves you free to use Energy Siphon or a mod that is actually supportive for everyone on your team regardless of their weapon selection.  Let's be honest, auras affect the entire team so while you benefit from Shotgun Scavenger, likely no one else will.  This goes against your idea of playing a support frame.

I'm not going to tell you how to build your frame and since update 15 will change everything there is little point in trying to perfect your builds just yet.  That being said, use the popularity rating on warframe builder to determine what other players like or are using.  Perhaps finding a user whose builds you enjoy would also help.  Good luck.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

@Jonnin this is from my experience so far, i was not generalizing the game, i have offensive builds as well, on another note would you mind sharing what your Mag Prime build is, i have her but i cant seem to like her, her crush ability falls extremely short in late game and the enemies have instant recovery if it doesnt kill them

@Hiero_Glyph with vortex i use it on door ways, i dont solo so the team i am playing with helps alot, and my rhino does need to improve, as i stated i have not used him yet and Warframe Builder does not show stats, but i managed to alter it with your imput, sop hows this?

http://goo.gl/Scq3Mm

@Jonnin & @Hiero_Glyph these builds i have crafted where with specific weapons in mind, the boar prime for rhino and the latron wraith & Paris Prime with vauban, the information you guys have provided is well appreciated, thank you

Heh, the topic was *novice* support builds.   I am about mid-game, I *just* reached rank 8, I *just* unlocked pluto, and 30 min of an endless mission is about all I can handle (while being a contribution).   Im happy to share but I am not far enough along to provide endgame builds yet.  

When mag's crush begins to fail for doing damage, you go back to using pull for crowd control.   If facing shielded enemy, polarize is still a good skill.  Attractor is ok for bosses or in a pinch the ultra high armor grineer.    Crush still does a good amount of damage so you use it when you have enough power to do so.  Building for power capacity, reduced power costs, and extended range are of course good choices.   I have started down that path but I still run blind rage because crush still kills most of what I face with that equipped. 

Mag is difficult after a while.  She is shield based, and higher level enemy are murder on shields, so she seems to lack durability in the late midgame.  Later I guess when being hit = dead, that stops being a problem as all frames equalize (and a few have an advantage in that department). 

But pure endgame support, pull is long range spammable crowd control and while it annoys some other players if you get carried away, it can ensure no one is being shot at.   It goes thru cover.  Make it the go-to skill for a supportive mag, and reserve the others for on-demand use.  

BECAUSE pull is annoying to other players and BECAUSE she is a little fragile,  it may not BE an endgame frame.  But it is a GREAT novice support frame :)