Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augument Mods Thread

Buzkyl

• Ash: Smoke Screen: Smoke Shadow: Smoke Screen now affects all allies for x seconds.
  • Banshee: Silence: Savage Silence: While active, finisher damage is increased by %.
  • Ember: Fireball: Fireball Frenzy: Casting Fireball on allies will add fire damage to their attacks for x seconds.
  • Excalibur: Radial Javelin: Furious Javelin: Each enemy hit will increase Excalibur’s melee damage by x for y seconds.
  • Frost: Freeze: Freeze Force: Casting Freeze on allies will add cold damage to their attacks for x seconds.
  • Hydroid: Undertow: Curative Undertow: Allies with missing health can enter Undertow and receive a heal for % of health, each ally in the pool will increase energy drain. Once an ally reaches max health he will be expelled from the puddle.
  • Limbo: Banish: Haven: Allies banished to the rift will have a % of their max health restored.
  • Loki: Switch Teleport: Safeguard Switch: After teleporting with an ally Loki will be invulnerable for x seconds.
  • Mag: Pull: Greedy Pull: Pulls pickups towards Mag.
  • Mirage: Hall of Mirrors: Hall of Malevolence: The damage of your doppelgängers is increased by %, every time you kill an enemy.
  • Nekros: Soul Punch: Soul Survivor: Using Soul Punch on a downed ally will instantly revive the ally with % of health. Nekros's health will drop to % and all his shields and energy will be consumed.
  • Nova: Null Star: Neutron Star:  Recasting Null Star will make all remaining Null Star Particles explode for x damage with a guaranteed blast proc.
  • Nyx: Psychic Bolts: Pacifying Bolts: Affected enemies will become disarmed in confusion for x seconds.
  • Oberon: Smite: Smite Infusion: Casting Smite on allies will add x Radiation damage to their attacks for y seconds.
  • Rhino: Charge: Ironclad Charge: Increases Rhino's armor by % for each enemy hit for x seconds.
  • Saryn: Venom: Venom Dose: Casting Venom on allies will add Toxin damage to their attacks for x seconds.
  • Trinity: Well of Life: Pool of Life: On death, marked enemies will drop health orbs with a chance of dropping an energy orb as well.
  • Valkyr: Paralysis: Prolonged Paralysis: Affected enemies are pulled towards Valkyr and the stun will be % longer.
  • Volt: Shock: Shock Trooper: Casting Shock on allies will add x Electricity damage to their attacks for y seconds.
  • Zephyr: Dive Bomb: Divebomb Vortex: Enemies within x meters of the point of impact are dragged into it.             
  • Vauban: Tesla: Tesla Link: Every pair of Teslas will connect via a beam that will cause x slash damage when touched.

Taken from Update notes, i gotta say, they actually found a way to make pyschic bolts usefuel as well as Soul Punch, well done, well done indeed. The Nullstar changes definitely make Nova less squish at close range AND because we can now use every power, i'd assume that even with 3 stars you'd still get that blast proc.

My only disappointment is that there's none for Slash dash, a shame really.

Edited by cozzi21

It's not like I liked Ash even before... but oh my God... I'm gonna play the &%"#$ out of him now :D

Edit: I can see all the rhino topics being replaced by ash topic with crying people how the game is easy now and not challeging and how with an ash in the party everybody is rushing QQ :D

Edited by Deccode

trinity is a BIG JOKE

Trinity: Well of Life: Pool of Life: On death, marked enemies will drop health orbs with a chance of dropping an energy orb as well.

She is a life and energy dispenser wtf will she do with a health or energy orb ??

Her ultimate give you full life and her 2 give full energy...

If you want health orb pick nekros.

Very disappointed for her.

Edited by Trichouette

Taken from Update notes, i gotta say, they actually found a way to make pyschic bolts usefuel as well as Soul Punch, well done, well done indeed

Is this sarcasm ?

They made a really useless ability, still useless :P

Edit: soul punch is also, still useless.

Edited by Keltik0ne

Is this sarcasm ?

Soul Punch is the only game insta revive, from a far. Granted it shouldn't drain  all your energy and shields but that fanatastic utility for a real emergency.

Any nyx can temporarily disarm, which is an improvement.

Is this sarcasm ?

Edited by cozzi21

Soul Punch is the only game insta revive, from a far. Granted it shouldn't drain  all your energy and shields but that fanatastic utility for a real emergency.

Any nyx can temporarily disarm, which is an improvement.

An instant revive that will in most probablity get the caster killed, not so good.

And guess what, Mind Control does better than a really short disarm and minimal damage.

An instant revive that will in most probablity get the caster killed, not so good.

And guess what, Mind Control does better than a really short disarm and minimal damage.

Mind control affects's one enemy.

Physcic bolts can affect up to 6, assuming each bolt his 1 enemy.

Due to the new warframe powers being ingrained in the frame, i can fit either on and only use it when you feel too. No one is forcing you to use it constantly use.

It has a use, it has a downside. No one if forcing you to use the mod. However acting like the augment can serve no purpose is just ignoring it.

I like that basically all of the first power augments are functionality tradeoffs or crappy buff other player things, and then Mirage gets one that just makes her already the greatest First Power in the game even better.

Thanks DE.

:D

Edited by SanguineXIII

Not too happy with much of them. Most of what they can do can be achieved without sacrificing a mod slot or are more efficient without. Also, whats to say other players want a mandatory affect on them. Most the frames I favor don't gain much here. Just means it's not an eager thing to get if ever at all.

Especially not happy with more damage on HoM, that already kills everything still from what I can tell. My least favorite ability to be around since it obstructs my view as a player, blocks my shots hurts my eyes and all, and this will encourage it more. Lucky me. Means I'll do my best to avoid that frame even more. (Nothing worse than her with HoM and a laser weapon running in front of you).

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I can only speculate as I am on PS4modValkyr: Paralysis: Prolonged Paralysis: Affected enemies are pulled towards Valkyr and the stun will be % longer.

I am assuming this still limits all affected enemies to performing finisher scripts, or does this just apply 400% melee multiplier?

Rather than this ability being an AoE Parry, I would hope it would help boost melee damage.

Not all weapons have the same finisher multipliers, nor do they all have the same finisher animation length.

(Sheev Dagger vs Atterax for example)

The other issue is that Finishers do not scale in damage like normal attacks in regards to combo-hit counter.

Was really hoping Finisher prompt would have been changed from just tap melee to reload+melee, to promote the option of just performing a melee combo or performing a finisher animation. (For reasons listed above)

As the change reads, it seems this was to add some utility to Paralysis but at the cost of slowing melee damage. Which seems counter intuitive on what I see as a melee-biased Warframe.

I may have still been eager to slot this mod if we had 10 slots with 2 slots being locked to Augmentation mods. Still basically only having 8+1 Aura. But I cannot see slotting this mod.

Extending the stun duration sounds catered for console hacking or revival tool. But Valkyr can usually just tank the damage during those interactions. And Paralysis power cost is low enough that it can be spammed to pro-long stun-lock in addition to being paired with Max Strength WarCry to slow enemy recovery time.

On the good-note it does seem that this Augmentation will assist in Valkyr's poor ability to protect a defense pod.

So I may slotting it for Defense/Mobile Defense runs...

Mind control affects's one enemy.

Physcic bolts can affect up to 6, assuming each bolt his 1 enemy.

Due to the new warframe powers being ingrained in the frame, i can fit either on and only use it when you feel too. No one is forcing you to use it constantly use.

It has a use, it has a downside. No one if forcing you to use the mod. However acting like the augment can serve no purpose is just ignoring it.

Look, you are totally missing the point - Psychic bolts have a lot of pretty major issues, with this augment, it still has less utility than a mind control (as you said, single target) and way less than chaos.

Also, unless it's been changed, since when do the psychic bolts split up and hit different targets ? Mine don't as of about 30 mins ago.

• 2 weeks later...

All I'm hoping is that the mods are equipped on the new abilities tab instead of on the actual Warframe's default mod slots.

It would be completely counter-productive to remove abilities from Warframe mod slots, only to add on even more that, to have maximum viability, need to be equipped. This, if true, would especially become a problem once all ability augments are released for each ability, and would be even worse once those "abilities all frames can use" are ever released as well.

My two major complaints:

Warframes whose Augments "Give Allies X-Damage Type" got ripped off, and whoever thought Hall of Malevolence was a good idea needs to be slapped in the face.

Otherwise I like the idea, and hope to see more in the future.

As an Oberon player I rather agree. Still I hope that, a) the % damage is considerable. 50% or more, and b) that we can cast these skills on our kubrows and specters.

All I'm hoping is that the mods are equipped on the new abilities tab instead of on the actual Warframe's default mod slots.

It would be completely counter-productive to remove abilities from Warframe mod slots, only to add on even more that, to have maximum viability, need to be equipped. This, if true, would especially become a problem once all ability augments are released for each ability, and would be even worse once those "abilities all frames can use" are ever released as well.

I think it was confirmed that they use a mod slot. 

I think it was confirmed that they use a mod slot.

Sadly this is true.

Too bad they didn't have 2 Augment only slots like Auras.

So we still would have had 1 Aura and 10 slots,but 2 slots would be for Augments and we would have 8 mod slots to be susceptible to forma polarization.

Augments I'd like:

Volt - Electric Shield stuns enemies who try to step through it.

Oberon - Hallowed Ground slows enemies who step on it.

Ember - Fireblast starts with a half radius and expands quickly into a wide radius, proccing Blast and Fire on all enemies hit. (ala Fire Eximus aura)

Sayrn - Molt heals Saryn by % of damage it receives.

Frost - Ice Wave or Freeze leaves a lingering patch of ice on the ground that ragdolls enemies who step on it.