Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Controls Are Awkward In U15

duenor

1. sprint toggle acts oddly: when you run out of stamina or slow to a walk it thinks it is still "running" even though you are now walking. thus in order to sprint again you have to click the toggle twice: once to "stop running" and then again to "start running". very awkward. 

2. reload and context now the same button? that means if i am not yet reloaded and i run up to a downed player i will reload instead of reviving? or revive instead of reload? the old system was preferrable to this. furthermore, i can't seem to be able to do the hacking minigame. pressing b (the button i bound for reload/context) just exits. a does nothing. neither does x.

3. ground slam is a real pain to do now with weapons like scindo prime. you have to jump, hold down, and hold melee. and it doesnt always slam, either. when it does, it's with a long delay.since we're on the subject, is there a different between melee and quick melee buttons? aren't they the same but just different depending on whether you are equipped or not?

otherwise, pretty good job.

I've noticed the cause of the sprint toggle problem:

Binding the context key and reload to the same button causes huge problems.

Whenever you are in sprinting "mode" and the context button is pressed, not only are you taken out of sprint mode, but you have to press sprint two more times to make it function again correctly. So this means sprint sliding after or before a reload is rendered pointless, as reloading/ context will bring you out of sprint and you lose all momentum.

*I also cannot do the hacking mini-game with controller anymore.

We controller uses might be in the minority, but I hope this is fixed and not left alone.

I don't think we're as much of a minority as some people would have it seem.

I've also been having issues getting powers to function properly when bound to the d-pad.

Before I had one power per direction, but trying to do that now causes them to simply do nothing.

Only work around I've found is binding a "use active power" button and then cycling through.

A bit more inconvenient, but not as much of an issue as the reload/context issue.

I haven't had much problem with coptering yet, maybe it's just how I have my controller configured, but I do have a problem with context and interact-able stuff, namely hacking consoles (when I choose which hex to rotate, nothing happens. I have to use my mouse to do it all), choosing extract or fight while doing defenses, and when I first logged in my "use power" button was mysteriously gone. Had to re-map it and now some of my powers fail to work on command, have to mash the crap out of the button repeatedly to get it to work (I tried a different controller too to make sure it wasn't a faulty button).  Other than these problems the new melee seems to work ok, although a tad awkward at times.

Essentially: 

pre U15 : I felt like an agile ninja with sickening melee attacks.

post U15 : I feel like an elderly ninja with gout and bad knees, lumbering awkwardly at my foes and wishing that my kubrow could just tow me to battle on a sled. 

i really hope this gets some attention. i cant get into u15 without good controls. 

chances are it wont, why because no one gives a F*** about the minority of players who played gamepad, so those that are not feeling the impact of this change would either ignore threads like this or worse say "just play on a keyboard" there is also the fact that controllers are never a priority for DE ever, period, other wise they would of asked the players "hey do you guys think controllers need improving?

This is ridiculous. I cannot play warframe with my gamepad which is how I play ALL pc arpg shooters (assassins creed, batman) - restore previous controls. Or at least give us the option to.

You've FORCED us to use the RB (right bumper) as a power ability, instead of the previous use as a melee swing. How am I supposed to comfortably use both joysticks and the melee (B) button? WHAT THE **** WERE YOU THINKING.

Not playing again until this is fixed. Thankfully Civ just came out.

I want the previous controls restored. Or the ability to fully customize my controller. Also, pressing (once) L3 or R3 should be considered separate controls compared to pressing and holding L3 or R3. This enabled roll (single press R3) or crouch/slide (press and hold R3) on the same joystick.

Basically, restore previous controls, or enable full unrestricted gamepad customization. This is awful.

I hope they not only fix this, but also add an option to change the control layout for archwing. I don't like steering and speeding up with the left thumb press. I have sprint/roll on left bumper and was hoping that would carry over with archwing.

I'd prefer if I could make 'X' down and make 'A' up and keep the 'B' button like it was before as my reload button.

My suggestion:  FLOOD THE CHAT TABS WITH COMPLAINTS ALL IN CAPS JUST LIKE THIS.  maybe it will annoy the players to the point that the devs HAVE to fix it.  It wouldn't be so bad if you could just remap all your controls to the way they were before.  Until then, CAPS LOCK.

Fortunately there is light at the end of the tunnel (as per DE getting this fixed):

"Hello IrieManCan,

Thank you for reporting this bug! I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately we don’t have an immediate solution for this issue, but we will be sure to follow up with you if we have any further questions.

To see when this bug gets fixed, please keep an eye on the Update notes posted in the forums:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!"

Fortunately there is light at the end of the tunnel (as per DE getting this fixed):

"Hello IrieManCan,

Thank you for reporting this bug! I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately we don’t have an immediate solution for this issue, but we will be sure to follow up with you if we have any further questions.

To see when this bug gets fixed, please keep an eye on the Update notes posted in the forums:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!"

Not really much of a light lol...There hasn't been any interaction with dev for the past 24 hrs, just hoping the next hotfix has some sort of fix for controller users...

I can't play the game. 

My normal set up was "R-Trigger" was "Fire", "R-Bumper" as "Quick Melee", "L-Bumper" was "Use Power", L-Trigger" was "Aim", "B" was Reload, "X" was "Interact", "Y" was "Switch Weapon", "A" was "Jump", "Click L-stick" was "Toggle Sprint" (I used to not be able to roll, now i can, but i have to Hold the L-Stick down to sprint, and "Click" it to roll. I can adjust to this. This isn't a problem. This was the one improvement.), "Click R-Stick" was "Toggle Crouch", "D-Pad Left" and "D-Pad Right" where my "Switch Powers", "D-Pad Down" was my "Open Equipment Wheel", and "D-Pad Up" was my "Use First Equipment" (I had Codex Scanners in the first slot, Codex building is a personal Priority, sadly a large amount of my progress on the Codex on the Liset, and what my Codex says I can and can't scan because it's already completed "in-mission", DON'T MATCH. I would Seriously be fine if someone could just reset my Codex on enemies and objects (Frames, Companions, and Weapons all log correctly, since they are based off Ranking.))

When I swap over to Melee only, "R-Trigger" becomes "Melee", "R-Bumper" becomes "Block", "L-Trigger" is "Channel" and "L-Bumper" is still "Use Power". Those were the only changes between the two states.

Now that Reload and Interact are the same thing. it's like Lost Planet all over again. I just proved it too, by trying to reload next to a console. 50/50 chance of reloading, or activating the console. Same thing with lockers. And i don't plan on getting in the way of a public match, but i bet It does the same thing with reviving a teammate. 

To be completely honest, if i was allowed to make my left bumper "Use Power' again, I would be back out there, because everything else can be changed back to how i originally had it, other then the new merged "Interact/Reload", which i would be willing to get used to, much like i did with Lost Planet. That one key bind placed on the "R-Bumper",  makes it horribly awkward, and to a point where I can't adjust. Looks Like i'll be sitting this one out till they lift that lock.