Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee And Trin Augements Useless

Personwithhat

seriously, banshee silence is situational at best and now you have to melee with it... if you sneak melee the finisher damage is pointless anyways.

also the trinity thing....well of life = enemy has 10 more hp, as far as i read it it means that if you kill one enemy that has 10 times the hp of a regular one, then you have a chance for a health and energy orb....seriously?

if well of life was at least a little AOE or the "marking" was aoe around the target, it could be much much more useful. 1 of those life orbs every 10 seconds is not useful at all, assumign your team decides to focus entirely no that one overhealed enemy, and then its better to kill 10 others, AND the healing you get from the floating one FAR outtrumps what you get from 1 heal orb. >.>

Yeah, they certainly do sound a bit underwhelming. For Banshee, a modification for Sonar or Sonic Boom would've been more preferable, like maybe a chain damage effect for Sonar or Sonic Boom causing hit enemies to unleash a secondary shockwave effect after a second or two.

Not sure about Trinity though, WoL is a pretty meh skill and she already has replenishing both Health and Energy covered, so I can't think of anything they could give it.

Yeah, they certainly do sound a bit underwhelming. For Banshee, a modification for Sonar or Sonic Boom would've been more preferable, like maybe a chain damage effect for Sonar or Sonic Boom causing hit enemies to unleash a secondary shockwave effect after a second or two.

Not sure about Trinity though, WoL is a pretty meh skill and she already has replenishing both Health and Energy covered, so I can't think of anything they could give it.

A cool augmentation for Trinity would be Link to connect to the squad member with the lowest hp and shield combined, but instead of damaging it would heal.

A cool augmentation for Trinity would be Link to connect to the squad member with the lowest hp and shield combined, but instead of damaging it would heal.

Why not just make it that Link'd teammates get health while you're being attacked?

I think Ash's ability should've been his ability to begin with. ST and HOM change is very nice though.

Yeah, you look at Mirage's Hall of Mirrors augment and its like "Holy crap, buffing the already over used move to have NO downside".

Then you look at Nekros and he has the ability to insta-rez someone from a distance...at the cost of a percentage of health, ALL SHIELDS, AND ALL ENERGY?! His augment is basically to pull down his pants and wait for death. Rezing normally only takes a few seconds, and he already has fear bombs, and undead minions to make traditionally rezzing stupid easy. How is this balanced? It's a useless bonus, with a MASSIVE downside.

Not gonna lie, Silence's augment is pretty garbage. Even without trying the mod first, I know that boosting finisher damage isn't going to be useful even for people who play stealth.

Not like it's the end of the world. Banshee is already good enough, but I was expecting a side grade to make Banshee more interesting to play.

-

I would have liked to have seen an augment to Sonic Boom. Something like this:

Sonic Scream
- Banshee stands in place and lets out a piercing shriek in front of her, visually represented by energy-colored distortion.
- This spell is a PBAoE cone that damages and staggers enemies in front of her during the cast, which takes a second or two to finish.
- After the spell finishes, enemies that are still alive are put into the "headache" animation that enemies do when they are stunned by Blind or Prism.
- Sonic Scream has a longer range than Sonic Boom, but it also has a narrower AoE.
- For reference, see the Siren's scream for killing floor [will update with video link when I get home]

What this does for Banshee and her team:
- Provides a true side grade to Sonic Boom. While SB knocks down enemies in a line, SS exposes them to headshots for Banshee and her teammates. It is slower to cast, but potentially more effective than SB in tight corridors or narrow spaces.

Actually, I'm going to make a thread about it.

Edited by Noble_Cactus