Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashing After Update 15!

Blackcool70

I'm not saying that verifying & optimizing will fix all crashes, I'm saying that verifying & optimizing will fix crashes related to corrupted data, and that downloading large amounts of data can carry a slight risk of data corruption.

Not everyone is experiencing the same crash either.

Not all crashes are created equal, and it's important to supply as much detailed information as possible so that the various crashes can be sorted and addressed.

This is why support needs your EE.log and dxdiag.txt files following a crash, so that they can figure out what type of crash is happening, how it happened and what can be done to fix it in the future.

well i want to say even the reporter is bugged we can,t report any crashes so its really hard so fix the fixer so we can have a fixed game pls 

well i want to say even the reporter is bugged we can,t report any crashes so its really hard so fix the fixer so we can have a fixed game pls 

If the crash reporter gets a connection failed error, you'll need to upload your EE.log manually with a Support Ticket.

If the crash reporter works and it gives you a WAR-###### number you should still create a support ticket so that a support representative can tell you exactly what's going wrong and if there's anything you can do to fix it.

Hmm... I was barely running okay yesterday (U15.04). Crashed every now and then, but it was every few missions. Now, after U15.06, I am crashing in the middle of my first or second missions per launch. Already verified and optimize, so really hoping for a fix somewhere down the line here.

Been a long time since I played this game.  I come back today and can't barely get through a few defenses without game crashing to desktop.  Then I read a bunch of other people are having the same issue.  Disappointed to say the least.  Good thing this game is relatively free.

My game hasn't crashed yet and hopefully won't but I have to forcibly exit because when I select a different screen (Google, skype, ext) then go back to the game none of my keyboard letters work. Space and the directional keys work but beyond that i'm forced to leave a mission and exit the game entirely. Anyone else have that problem?

Even with all the recent hotfixes, I am still having issues with crashes. I had never had a problem with Warframe crashing as I use a high end gaming computer, but now I crash at least every fourth mission, usually when a player stomps but has even happened to me while using ember. I have run all diagnostics etc and have more than enough resources to play Warframe. Even so I make sure that no background programs (like Norton etc) are running and yet even with plenty of cpu etc. my game still crashes. More fixes are needed imo.

Fixing these issues is simple, test the game on the most basic system like a 32bit windows XP, if it runs on that without too many problems then higher end systems should run also. The problem is I honestly don't think the devs have tested the game in this scenario otherwise the mission loading problems would be staring them in the face from the moment they try and play a mission. DE need to get their priorities right, fix the problems that prevent us playing the game first then focus on the in game bugs later. U15 has had 9 hot fixes, each one doesn't even come close to fixing the crashes that happen at the start of any mission.

Imagine if warframe was ebay and a large portion of their members couldn't buy anything for 2 weeks, the company would soon be facing a massive cash flow problem. I suspect not many people would want to buy plat at the moment knowing the state of the game and I hear more people are moving on after just a few months of play.

DE needs to work harder to fix the fundamental bugs in the game that prevents people playing it, they have had 2 weeks to sort this out now and so far there has been no progress. Game is very close to being over for me.

• 4 weeks later...

...have played like 6 months ago, lot of grinding... so i quit and deleted game. yesterday i have downloaded it again and installed it... but when i launch game i hear just music have black screen for 20 sec and then crash. pls help tennos. thx... (sry for bad spelling, english is not my native language?

I too am having the same app crash's.  Since the big update (when the loading interface changed), it would instantly throw up a windows program crash notification window as soon as I would click on "Play".  What I did notice, is that if I closed the crash notification windows, and allowed the engine to load, it would then continue into the game, and the login screen without incident.

I have since uninstalled the game, and downloaded everything, and checked/verified optimized etc.  I still have the same issue(s), including the occasional program crash at the launch of multi-player missions.  These crashes seem to be more serious, although does not happen "all the time" or "at every game launch" like the other error.  When this particular crash happens, it does appear to be graphical in nature, and does lock my PC, which goes into an auto-restart after a few seconds.

In the past, I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever.  With the big update, I can get through the crash windows to login and play, so for right now I can manage and will wait for the hot-fix.  Not sure how much the over-all "system" affects the issue, but my Frankenstein is listed below.

Asus Crosshair-5 Formula-Z (performance settings)

AMD 8350 (no OC)

16 gigs Crucial Ballistics (8 latency)

MSI R-9 280x (no OC)

Solid State OS drive w/ WD 1TB Black for proggies

8.1 Pro 64-bit

Edited by Nimble-Nuts

Fixing these issues is simple, test the game on the most basic system like a 32bit windows XP, if it runs on that without too many problems then higher end systems should run also. The problem is I honestly don't think the devs have tested the game in this scenario otherwise the mission loading problems would be staring them in the face from the moment they try and play a mission. DE need to get their priorities right, fix the problems that prevent us playing the game first then focus on the in game bugs later. U15 has had 9 hot fixes, each one doesn't even come close to fixing the crashes that happen at the start of any mission.

Imagine if warframe was ebay and a large portion of their members couldn't buy anything for 2 weeks, the company would soon be facing a massive cash flow problem. I suspect not many people would want to buy plat at the moment knowing the state of the game and I hear more people are moving on after just a few months of play.

DE needs to work harder to fix the fundamental bugs in the game that prevents people playing it, they have had 2 weeks to sort this out now and so far there has been no progress. Game is very close to being over for me.

Please get this post every where on this site.Right around when nyx prime came out i have been crashing either after every 1 or 2 missions, in mid mission,  or in loading screen before a mission. And i have been playing since U7 so i really dont want to give up on this game! But if this keeps happening I might just move on... Please DE.

Edited by HoukageTazz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Po O meu jogo está assim tbm durante um tempo ele  trava , a tela congela ,e ele da crash. eu ja tirei o directX 11 e nem o 10 ele está usando, e nem em tela cheia eu jogo, eu lembro em 2013 que o jogo  era muito diferente ele nã odava crash, eu passava horas jogando  po eu lembro q o jogo n fechava assim nequela época , era diferentão, os mapas era meio q separados, tinha q ir jogando ate o final de um planeta pra ir pro outro, a espada tinha q segurar o E para da um super ataque, essa época era muito boa :D

my game said that there's insufficient video memory but before update 15 i played it all the time without having problem what's this ?

ive had this problem for many updates tells me im using up all my gfx ram, ive ran multiple tests and have proved this is not the case at all, never going over 1.5gig of vram, seams some compatibility issue with warframe and the AMD gfx drivers,

Are any of the people having CTD during mission launch using nvidia cards? would be nice to know its not just us AMD people again being neglected by DE

My game always gets unstable after an Nvidia driver upgrade. 

One thing which may help out is to enable ShadowPlay - don't ask me why, it just makes my video driver crash less, or just stop crashing. 

If you are having it on and experiencing crashes, disable it. 

Or just flip-flop it to get back to you preferred setting, it may rewrite some settings which improve matters. 

YMMV.

Edited by BrazilianJoe