Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controllers Using Xinput (Pc)

hypnobeard

Here is a nice config that i have been using that doesn't really put much strain on your hands.

dpad for 1-4 powers

toggle sprint on left bumper
b to reload
x to use (reload and use are forced bound together as of U15)
right stick press toggle crouch.
roll with left stick press
melee with right bumper

everything else should fall into place

weird at first but makes it so you never have to Hold any buttons

so to slide you would hit LB and then right stick press if you want to stop sliding you press it again. no holding necessary makes the gameplay so smooth.

update 15 multi button reload and use makes it so you can either bind marker, map, or gear to x or b

I've gone through multiple iterations of key bindings this by far the most comfortable/performance/ease combination i have come up with.

Edited by Satinpuppies

Hi Aamcotronix,

I've confirmed the issue you mentioned. As you say, it seems like the game doesn't automatically toggle sprint off when you aim or perform some other action that slows your warframe to a walk, and thus when you next toggle it, you're forced to press it twice to set it back to sprint. I will make sure this bug is looked into right away.

Yeah, I noticed this too once I set Toggle Sprint on.  I'm glad you're looking into that as well.  (gimpy sprints with a Frost on excavation isn't fun ._. )

Regarding the issue reported by Aamcotronix and Celphied, where toggling Sprint on after having slowed to aim required pressing the button twice. I've personally written the fix for this bug and it will be included in the next patch (unfortunately I wasn't quite in time for 15.0.1)

Hi Aamcotronix,

I've confirmed the issue you mentioned. As you say, it seems like the game doesn't automatically toggle sprint off when you aim or perform some other action that slows your warframe to a walk, and thus when you next toggle it, you're forced to press it twice to set it back to sprint. I will make sure this bug is looked into right away.

Also, hypnobeard, the default binding for Melee is now on the B key. I believe this changed in our last major update (we combined Use (now referred to as Context Action) and Reload (by default these are on the X button), moved Melee from the Right Bumper to B, and moved Activate Power from the Right Stick to the Right Bumper).

DEJIM, thanks for replies. 

1. Double-toggle sprint - thanks for looking into this.

2. Melee+Context: is there any way we can have an option to separate the buttons? Because it's very awkward to sometimes reload when I want to pick up, sometimes pick up when I want to reload, sometimes revive when I'm empty, sometimes reload when my ally is dying... etc. As far as I know the right bumper isn't really used for anything important right now other than quick melee (how is this different from regular melee?). 

3. The ground slam is still very cumbersome. perhaps air melee could be reserved for channeling? because ground slam isn't just an attack - it's very useful as a method of controlling your movement vertically. it interrupts jumps and make you head straight down. as it is right now when I try to do the down+attack method first I execute an air melee and then suddenly transition (without much of a transition) into a ground slam when I'm practically on the ground already. 

Honestly, though, I don't see much usefulness in the air melee. yes, it's very hard hit a flying drone with a dagger, but one has to expect such things when attacking a mobile flying objecting with a knife. 

Edited by duenor

i dont think you guys thought this through

directional melee - requires B button and R Thumbstick?

at the same time? im not sure when you used a pad last Jim but i suggest you revisit the principle

after 1800+ hours just in WarFrame, im pretty sure thats unachievable without having two thumbs on your right hand

Upgrade? please.....

give us a general shift key np, but you cannot after ive played 1800 hours in your game tell me i HAVE to change my buttons, i cannot have them set as i did, i have to learn to play again. because i fear you will find, I like many others, WILL learn to play again, learn to play > SOMETHING ELSE!

Indeed.  If melee/quick melee is on B, coptering also becomes impractical/difficult to execute.  Right now, I have to choose between binding Right Bumper to quick melee or Melee, but not both like pre-u15.  I could put quick melee to RB and Melee to B, but that still requires a 2nd thumb mutation. :S

Regarding the issue reported by Aamcotronix and Celphied, where toggling Sprint on after having slowed to aim required pressing the button twice. I've personally written the fix for this bug and it will be included in the next patch (unfortunately I wasn't quite in time for 15.0.1)

can you also fix rolling, I want to be able to roll with the right thumb stick and sprint with the left, like I did before the update

BTW, just to add - thanks for taking the time to fix some of these issues. for some of us, including myself, mouse+key just isn't possible. I'm older, have more injuries, and if i'm going to play (as I have for the past 1k+ hours), I need to use a controller. 

the upside to taking care of us older players, though, is that we tend to have the wherewithal to buy stuff. so, win win...

Uggh. And once again, the PC gets their controller schemes messed up after an update.

I can't put Use Power on Left Bumper, and my Melee strikes on Right Bumper. Use Power can only go on Right Bumper right now, or NO WHERE.

Why does having a controller on PC always result in these issues update after update?

Hi duenor,

I've just submitted the fix for the double-toggle sprint bug and those changes should go out in the next patch. Thanks for bearing with us on this one :)

Regarding the combining of Context Action and Reload, we definitely appreciate the feedback. As I think I've mentioned in an earlier comment, this was a relatively recent change so we're listening carefully to what you guys think and we're certainly not above changing it back. I can tell you that one of our motivations for this change was to free up an extra button on the controller. As I'm sure you know it can be difficult trying to fit as much functionality as possible onto a controller with so few buttons compared to a keyboard, so we're hoping players will enjoy having an extra button to play around with. In terms of how it works, I can also tell you that Context Actions should always take priority, so for example if you're stood in front of a console or pick-up, then pressing the button should always perform the context action. Only when no context actions are available should it 'fallback' to performing a Reload.

Having said all of this, we still appreciate your concerns, and certainly other players have said similar things (for example, during Void Defence missions it's possible to accidentally trigger the lasers when actually attempting to Reload)

On your third point, about the ground slam, I'm afraid I don't know enough about that particular system to really comment, but I'll ensure it gets passed to our design team :)

I had a similar set up to satinpuppies.

Powers were all set to 1 of the 4 D-Pad directions (for those confused about this, it was directly bound meaning I had a button for each power and not one universal power button that used only the selected scrolled power).

Left stick was Sprint/roll

Right stick toggled crouch

Y changed weapons

X interacts

A jumps

RB melees

RT fires/blocks

LT aims/channels

As of U15, they merged reload and interact (not a big deal to make a new habit to hit X to reload) leaving me with 2 free buttons (though during my scanning days I bound the scanner directly to LB to ease of access but it could be bound to anything) to do whatever with.  I cross play on my KB for actions that don't require quick action (maps, waypoints, extra gear and toggle chat of course).  This was comfortable enough for me to solo T4 voids.

Now this new system is forcing me to basically move staple actions around. I might be able to cope (a little) if I could move the hold RB for powers to Hold "insert bind button" which could for me be LB or B then also be able to rebind powers to where ever I want (if I'm forced to hold to activate) then maybe I could make small adjustments. However, in its current state, I'm not sure its worth the effort to "relearn" how to play the game efficiently and effectively in the mapping nightmare.

TBH If I have to hold a button for powers, I rather it have a system like "Sword Alone" built around it like a trance state where you forego your weapons for enhanced warframe powers while quick tapping the button outside the mode just uses the basic power like quick melee in sword alone.

Hi Melos-mevim,

As far as I can tell this should still be possible. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the issue, but you should still be able to bind 'Sprint/Roll' to the Right Stick, and 'Sprint' to the Left Stick. The wording is a little confusing, because in this situation the Right Stick will still control the camera, but will also allow you to roll.

I may be over simplifying this in my head, but could we not just have a roll back to old system until you guys can work a way to allow the new "shift" button to be mapped? its all well and good having new content, but being able to play it would be nice rather than rushing in a system that clearly needs a little more work?

quick fix if you open ee.cfg with notepad++ and add this to bind powers to left bumper

PRE_POWER_MODIFIER={
    {
        key=EN_GAMEPAD_L2
        inputMode=IM_NORMAL
        invert=0
        deadzone=0
        scale=1
        povAxis=PAT_UNUSED
    }

change the key= to anything you want
Edited by Overlord6920

Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback, we're definitely listening and taking it onboard since this is a brand new system. I didn't design the system myself, but I did develop it, so I'll try to respond to each of you as best I can.

EChondo, I definitely see your point and can appreciate that having each power bound to an individual key would be preferable to you. I mentioned in my last comment that we'll continue to work on this feature, and I'm sure that bringing back the ability to rebind powers will be high on our list of things to do.

ZodiacShinryu, it's true that the Right Bumper can no longer be used for actions other than activating (or choosing) your powers. If you previously bound Right Bumper to something else, you will likely find that since U15 you can no longer activate powers, and will need to reset your controller bindings in order for things to work. Once again, we apologize for the confusion and for having to restrict you in this way.

hypnobeard, if you prefer to use the Previous Power / Next Power actions to cycle through powers, you're still able to do that. The only difference now is that you must use the Right Bumper to activate them. As I mentioned in my last comment, you can still tap the Right Bumper and it will work to activate whichever power is currently highlighted. It's only when you hold it down that you will then have the option of pressing one of the four face buttons. Once again, I appreciate you may have been accustomed to using the RStick for this function and we will hopefully bring back the ability to change this binding in the future.

Thanks!

Can we just have our old funtion back? This new scheme makes play unfun and impossible. Please don't try to be like Riot games and "fix" what isn't broken.

I've something to chime in here. I have rebound the melee and quick melee to the Left Bumper and in regular missions it works fine. The Archwing missions, not so much as all it does is descend. Ascending and descending are important sure, but they can be done without having a key bound to them.Descend seems to be locked into the Left Bumper. Also, can we have an option to unbind a command? I'm fine with Activate Power being bound to the Right Bumper while you guys work stuff out, as long as binding the melee and quick melee to the Left Bumper will work for Archwing.