Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Improve The Business Model.

Dessfar

Add in a full-game priced "Unlock all" button, like smite has.  Meaning i gain access to all platinum exclusive content and wait times are gone.

To all the people that said 'They need to make money somehow' and 'you're paying for convenience' in my last thread.

1. I've already put about £60 into this game and i'm still dealing with wait times and not being able to get all the cosmetics. Not even CLOSE to all the cosmetics.

2. I only have to pay for convenience because they are deliberately inconveniencing me.  A good business model is not making me feel i have to pay for something to enjoy it properly, i should WANT to pay, not hand over my money begrudgingly.    

The reason i have to make another thread is because I complain about the free to play model, and the response is for the community to insult me and then the topic is locked.  Fantastic censorship of criticism.

Edited by Dessfar

This game has one of the best, if not the best, free-to-play model on the market.

The only thing I'd change would be a slight reduction in weapon/frame prices. Other than that, we're good. Your last thread was complain-y and flamebait and deserved to get locked.

The current system with wait time etc is there so people don't claim the game is P2W, havign an unlock all button gives an instant superior advantage to a player who would cooose to buy such a pack, and discourage the current systems objective where more playtime results in more skill and therefore the ability to obtain items. 

This game has one of the best, if not the best, free-to-play model on the market.

The only thing I'd change would be a slight reduction in weapon/frame prices. Other than that, we're good. Your last thread was complain-y and flamebait and deserved to get locked.

How on earth does it have the best free to play model? Yes, all gameplay affecting items can be aquired through grinding.  That's good.   But they deliberately inconvenience you throughout the whole thing with microtransactions EVERYWHERE.

"Complainy" yeah i did complain.

Loadout only makes you pay for cosmetics and they are cheap.  That is a very successful game.  Just because most free-to-play games have incredibly awful business models it doesn't mean warframe' awful buisness model is good.

Edited by Dessfar

The price for something like that would be $300 minimum, AND would have to exclude Prime Access and Void drops. In other words: It doesn't fit this game.

Well it should fit any game.  Do you really think warframe is worth 5x more than the last of us, battlefield or any other AAA game?

Well it should fit any game. Do you really think warframe is worth 5x more than the last of us, battlefield or any other AAA game?

It's not the same type of game. Compare it to Elder Scrolls online: $15 per month. Warframe gives you the option of what to spend that money on, instead of just charging you a flat fee each month.

Where did you get 5x?  As far as I can see, you can play every single piece of WF content by spending 0$.  

He said $300. Also there are an incredible number of things that are plat only: Animations, Syandanas, Skins, Liset customization, Colours and worst of all wait times for everything.

Well it should fit any game.  Do you really think warframe is worth 5x more than the last of us, battlefield or any other AAA game?

Considering I've stopped playing those games a few weeks after release and I'm still playing this one consistently? Yes. 

Warframe's payment model is great. It's not Pay2Win, it's Pay2Fabulous. Why would they do something that would limit their revenue anyway? People have spent more than $60 on this game alone. I've probably spent $100 just this year on platinum, and I'm happy to do so because I enjoy playing it. 

It's not the same type of game. Compare it to Elder Scrolls online: $15 per month. Warframe gives you the option of what to spend that money on, instead of just charging you a flat fee each month.

That's true, but if i were to buy every microtransation that came up when playing the game i would end up paying WAY more than a subscription based game.

Considering I've stopped playing those games a few weeks after release and I'm still playing this one consistently? Yes. 

Warframe's payment model is great. It's not Pay2Win, it's Pay2Fabulous. Why would they do something that would limit their revenue anyway? People have spent more than $60 on this game alone. I've probably spent $100 just this year on platinum, and I'm happy to do so because I enjoy playing it. 

Saying you didn't like 2 games a listed, and that you're happy to pay stupid money doesn't mean its a good business model...

There are an incredible number of things that are plat only: Animations, Syandanas, Skins, Liset customization, Colours and worst of all wait times for everything.

None of which you need, and few of which you can ever use at the same time. Spend $5, unlock your favorites, and you just saved $55 vs buying a AAA game, and $105 vs buying Battlefield 4 + Premium Pack.

That's true, but if i were to buy every microtransation that came up when playing the game i would end up paying WAY more than a subscription based game.

If you ate everything offered to you at a Buffet, you'd throw up.

Edited by Archistopheles

I feel that doing something similar to the Ultimate God Pack does not particularly work if you put in Cosmetics and such.

However one thing I feel would be a good idea would be to have a "Warframe Pack", which is something you can pay different amounts to that gives you the next series of Warframes for "free". 

Example: 

Tenno Pack is $10, next Warframe added to the game will automatically be put in your inventory on the day of the update they are added in.

None of which you need, and few of which you can ever use at the same time. Spend $5, unlock your favorites, and you just saved $55 vs buying a AAA game, and $105 vs buying Battlefield 4 + Premium Pack.

If you ate everything offered to you at a Buffet, you'd throw up.

I'm sorry but comparing a game to a buffet makies no sense.  And five dollars literally buys 1 thing.

Add in a full-game priced "Unlock all" button, like smite has.  Meaning i gain access to all platinum exclusive content and wait times are gone.

To all the people that said 'They need to make money somehow' and 'you're paying for convenience' in my last thread.

1. I've already put about £60 into this game and i'm still dealing with wait times and not being able to get all the cosmetics. Not even CLOSE to all the cosmetics.

2. I only have to pay for convenience because they are deliberately inconveniencing me.  A good business model is not making me feel i have to pay for something to enjoy it properly, i should WANT to pay, not hand over my money begrudgingly.    

The reason i have to make another thread is because I complain about the free to play model, and the response is for the community to insult me and then the topic is locked.  Fantastic censorship of criticism.

You've put 60 London Coins into the game ever since you started playing the game in January 2013(based on forum acc date)...how much more do you expect for that? You spent less than 3 London Coins a month on this game.

Fullprice games give you an average of 20 hours of playtime and will hardlock content unless you buy the DLC.

WF you played for probably a FEW HUNDRED hours.

I'm sorry...but you sound very "entitled"

The only thing I feel is a bit weird is the warframe and weapon slot thing...everything else is 100% fine. 

Let's compare it to a P2P fullprice game.

World of Warcraft.

1 Game

5 expansions

And like what...12 London Coins of sub a month?

That would be close to 500 London Coins for the same time.

Get over yourself please. What you want is the entire game served up on a platter entirely for free...guess what...the Dev would go broke and you would not have a game anymore.

And like I said...I think that only WF and Weapon slots are a bit shady...the rest is super fine as is.

This game has 2 main demographics: The hardcore gamers that can make plat ingame and the casual people that don't get to play a whole lot because they probably have a full time job.

If you are number 2...then paying a tiny bit of money monthly for something you love to do should be no big deal. If you are number 1...then stop complaining and get in there. If you dont like to trade then that is your problem...not DEs. Whenever new WF access packs are released you can make hundreds (if not thousands) of plat in the first week.

If you dont use that chance...then you only have yourself to blame. Also free customization is added every once in a while.

And the animations? You have access to all the animations...all they did was make allt he existing animations cross-frame unlockable.

It's not even anything new.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'm sorry but comparing a game to a buffet makies no sense. And five dollars literally buys 1 thing.

I'm sorry you're unable to understand the analogy. I will try to describe it better: Nobody buys everything. The game is designed to be a plethora of choices so that you can buy only the things you want.

$5 is 170 plat if you wait for a coupon. 170 plat is 10 additional weapon slots and 5 additional warframe slots with a little left over. Once you have those, you can experience everything this game has to offer without restriction.

I feel that doing something similar to the Ultimate God Pack does not particularly work if you put in Cosmetics and such.

However one thing I feel would be a good idea would be to have a "Warframe Pack", which is something you can pay different amounts to that gives you the next series of Warframes for "free". 

Example: 

Tenno Pack is $10, next Warframe added to the game will automatically be put in your inventory on the day of the update they are added in.

I didn't mean warframes and guns.  Just all the platinum exclusive stuff.

You've put 60 London Coins into the game ever since you started playing the game in January 2013(based on forum acc date)...how much more do you expect for that? You spent less than 3 London Coins a month on this game.

Fullprice games give you an average of 20 hours of playtime and will hardlock content unless you buy the DLC.

WF you played for probably a FEW HUNDRED hours.

I'm sorry...but you sound very "entitled"

The only thing I feel is a bit weird is the warframe and weapon slot thing...everything else is 100% fine. 

Let's compare it to a P2P fullprice game.

World of Warcraft.

1 Game

5 expansions

And like what...12 London Coins of sub a month?

That would be close to 500 London Coins for the same time.

Get over yourself please. What you want is the entire game served up on a platter entirely for free...guess what...the Dev would go broke and you would not have a game anymore.

And like I said...I think that only WF and Weapon slots are a bit shady...the rest is super fine as is.

This game has 2 main demographics: The hardcore gamers that can make plat ingame and the casual people that don't get to play a whole lot because they probably have a full time job.

If you are number 2...then paying a tiny bit of money monthly for something you love to do should be no big deal. If you are number 1...then stop complaining and get in there. If you dont like to trade then that is your problem...not DEs. Whenever new WF access packs are released you can make hundreds (if not thousands) of plat in the first week.

If you dont use that chance...then you only have yourself to blame. Also free customization is added every once in a while.

And the animations? You have access to all the animations...all they did was make allt he existing animations cross-frame unlockable.

It's not even anything new

Guess what I've played hundreds of hours of other games that cost me 40 london coins so its not entitled at all to expect to not have to pay hundreds of london coins for a lesser experience.

Also i have NOT played that much considering how long I've had it. About 140 hours.

Edited by Dessfar

I do generally like the model of, once you have reached a threshold of money spent on a game, everything should be unlocked. But it shouldn't give you any advantage and should only be based on cosmetics. I kind of agree that, you shouldn't need to spend several hundred dollars to get stuff in a game.

That said, I think Warframe has one of the better and fairer f2p models that exist in the market today.  There are some things I don't agree with of course. Weapons and Warframes bought outright are mostly too expensive. Prime access should give you access to all the primes that come out, or at least the next few primes, considering the price. Buying slots is kind of annoying, there should be more ways to earn slots.  Rushing items for plat should have a reduction of cost as time goes by (Half price once half the time is gone). I think if they did some of these things, they would have more people eager to spend money.

Of course, I still think they are doing a good job and have a fair system.  And these are all just opinions and I certainly don't run a game company.