Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Skills - Impractical Purpose

Shizzuie

First Ability: It's extremely codependant on his seconday and its only purpose is to seperate you and a few other mobs from the rest which is pointless/annoying in most situations. it can also be used to target enemies outside his ult but again, extreme single target focuses is not warframe.

Second Ability: Same as first but it also allows you to trigger his ult from long range and attack from a distance but again, pointless because the enemies can then attack you and leave the bubble. Also allows revives without issues.

Third Ability: Basically where all your late game DMG will come from even though its useless without your ult or your first + second abiltiies. So basically, trigger ult then trigger 3 to get the same effects of a rhino roar considering that no matter what you do with your abilities... you will always after to enter the void to attack the mobs which basically puts you on the same level as being out of the void yet you just get the chance to activate a roar like abilty.

Forth Ability: The concept is flawed; You have to be in the void to attack things in the void yet once you enter the void the enemies can then attack you like you weren't in the void to begin with.

So, the void is mainly to delay dmg as long as you and your squad never enter the void or to give Limbo the chance to do more dmg because of his third ability.

Edited by Shizzuie

I agree with you. I felt that his 3rd skill should allow only yourself to attack enemies outside the rift while you are inside it. Plus the damage amplifier.

I also don't understand why the ult has to shrink down, and the entry damage it does to enemies might as well be nonexistent. It also has no CC, not even when enemies enter inside of the rift space unlike his 1, which does knock down.

His 2 is nice for reviving allies, but that's about it. His main theme seems to be protecting allies, yet Frost's Snowglobe alone covers most of what his abilities are supposed to do in regards to helping out your team. 

I personally don't see him being used after people max him, except for the trolls that want to mess with their teams.

Have you tested them all? Because I'm pretty sure your interpretation of how they work is wrong. I know for sure the 1st skill also has a damage component.

But even if you're not, depending on the limits of phasing enemies between dimensions, Limbo becomes one of the best CC frames out there. Most importantly, someone will need to figure out how the limbo mechanic works. If phasing something into limbo truely separates it from interaction from enemies and elements not in limbo?

Limbo out the defense defense objective = New Snow Globe.

Drop a limbo bubble and boost damage against everything that walks inside = New Molecular Prime.

Phase yourself into limbo and be ignored by enemies = New Invisibility.

Edited by Ryme

Probably just a bad copy of Frost.

First ability is already bad because its single target.

Second ability is bad because you can't even pick up items (since you're in another dimension). Also, if you picked up a key and went into that other dimension, you just drop the key.

Third ability: Does it even work?

Fourth ability: Same thing. Can't pick up items inside the globe. Why do we even have this Ability when we have Frost? In Frost's globe you can shoot enemies from outside, in Limbos globe not because of the other dimension. If you play Excavation when put that globe on one of the diggers, no one can put energy inside the digger because he automatically drops the item when he enters the globe.

So yeah, i was expecting something good, but this frame is not one you would use more than one time

If you place the 4th skill on the pod its literally impossible to damage it. So theres that :|.

That is untrue.

Have you tested them all? Because I'm pretty sure your interpretation of how they work is wrong. I know for sure the 1st skill also has a damage component.

But even if you're not, depending on the limits of phasing enemies between dimensions, Limbo becomes one of the best CC frames out there. Most importantly, someone will need to figure out how the limbo mechanic works. If phasing something into limbo truely separates it from interaction from enemies and elements not in limbo?

Limbo out the defense defense objective = New Snow Globe.

Drop a limbo bubble and boost damage against everything that walks inside = New Molecular Prime.

Phase yourself into limbo and be ignored by enemies = New Invisibility.

Snowglobe is a lot better than most of his skills.

But even if you're not, depending on the limits of phasing enemies between dimensions, Limbo becomes one of the best CC frames out there. Most importantly, someone will need to figure out how the limbo mechanic works. If phasing something into limbo truely separates it from interaction from enemies and elements not in limbo? Limbo out the defense defense objective. It's basically the new Snow Globe.

OH! Limbo has CC? Please explain how his abiltiies are CC worthy considering there is no AoE Debuff other then delaying their attacks because enemies can't shoot from the inside out and reverse.  

If you place the 4th skill on the pod its literally impossible to damage it. So theres that :|.

So use it like snow globe but with no debuff and the enemies can't be hurt from the outside unless you put yourself or a squad mate in the void which uses up energy and make it pointless because it would the same as if the enemy wasn't in the void at all thus no Limbo skills needed to begin with?

So use it like snow globe but with no debuff and the enemies can't be hurt from the outside unless you put yourself or a squad mate in the void which uses up energy and make it pointless because it would the same as if the enemy wasn't in the void at all thus no Limbo skills needed to begin with?

It doesn't even protect the pod, I don't know where people are getting this idea.

The Rift needs to have some innate bonuses/debuffs to make it viable other than the not being damaged by enemies from the other side.  The key/item pickup issues make this even worse, especially since Limbo can forcibly cast it on allies.  Imagine being on wave 5 of a defense mission, the last enemy dies and Limbo Banishes you, preventing you from picking up anything.  It's almost as bad as Loki's augmentation mod.  Troll-frame indeed.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Your 2 lets you switch planes, things in one plane don't get to interact with things in the other.

So far what I've been doing is putting dangerous enemies into the spirit plane, killing their friends, and then popping across and killing them. You can also use health/energy deployables in the spirit plane as someone pointed out in another thread, so you can recharge even in the middle of a fight. He's good at reviving allies as well. His 4 is a bit funky, but I've found it works well as a makeshift snowglobe. It doesn't seem to work on defense objectives, but you can pop it during a fight for some cover.

He's a very good support frame, but without allies around he's not quite as useful.

The Rift needs to have some innate bonuses/debuffs to make it viable other than the non being damaged by enemies from the other side.  The key/item pickup issues make this even worse, especially since Limbo can forcibly cast it on allies.  Imagine being on wave 5 of a defense mission, the last enemy dies and Limbo Banishes you, preventing you from picking up anything.  It's almost as bad as Loki's augmentation mod.  Trollframe indeed.

This x100

Your 2 lets you switch planes, things in one plane don't get to interact with things in the other.

So far what I've been doing is putting dangerous enemies into the spirit plane, killing their friends, and then popping across and killing them. You can also use health/energy deployables in the spirit plane as someone pointed out in another thread, so you can recharge even in the middle of a fight. He's good at reviving allies as well. His 4 is a bit funky, but I've found it works well as a makeshift snowglobe. It doesn't seem to work on defense objectives, but you can pop it during a fight for some cover.

He's a very good support frame, but without allies around he's not quite as useful.

You cannot pick up anything whilst inside the Rift, however I think this is a bug that will be fixed.

The thing about the "switch planes" thing is that you either need to select one enemy at a time or recast your ult which gives you a very small window and even more so if you intend to spam it.

The thing about the "switch planes" thing is that you either need to select one enemy at a time or recast your ult which gives you a very small window and even more so if you intend to spam it.

You can also use your 2 to jump back and forth, which is an excellent defensive ability. It would help if his 1 was multi-target, but right now just use it on the dangerous mobs.

He's definitely not a typical utility frame, but I've been able to put him to good effect so far. 

So defense objectives cannot be sent into the Rift plane?

I guess it would be possible to focus on power range to make the Rift bubble on his ult as huge as possible and just cast it on top of the pod. All enemies caught in the area would be sent into the Rift plane and would be unable to damage the pod because the pod would be unaffected.

You can also use your 2 to jump back and forth, which is an excellent defensive ability. It would help if his 1 was multi-target, but right now just use it on the dangerous mobs.

He's definitely not a typical utility frame, but I've been able to put him to good effect so far. 

Oh! you mean!

homer.gif

So defense objectives cannot be sent into the Rift plane?

I guess it would be possible to focus on power range to make the Rift bubble on his ult as huge as possible and just cast it on top of the pod. All enemies caught in the area would be sent into the Rift plane and would be unable to damage the pod because the pod would be unaffected.

Things in the void can attack other things in the void, please my original post.