Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Skills - Impractical Purpose

Shizzuie

So defense objectives cannot be sent into the Rift plane?

I guess it would be possible to focus on power range to make the Rift bubble on his ult as huge as possible and just cast it on top of the pod. All enemies caught in the area would be sent into the Rift plane and would be unable to damage the pod because the pod would be unaffected.

Except there's nothing stopping them from running out.

The rift plane needs its own type of CC to keep them inside.

You can also use your 2 to jump back and forth, which is an excellent defensive ability. It would help if his 1 was multi-target, but right now just use it on the dangerous mobs.

He's definitely not a typical utility frame, but I've been able to put him to good effect so far. 

It bothers me that his 2 can't be used inside of his ultimate to send him back to the normal plane as well.

If he can send only his body in the rift, he should be able to send only his body back to normal space whilst still in his ultimate.

The time it takes to pull off his combos are not worth the reward. You could just bring a Frost and things would work even better while requiring a lot less to be done.

Here's the thing... why should we want to fight in the Rift instead?  Right now there isn't a good reason.

You are right. There's only a good reason for Limbo himself.

And if I wanted to go through all that trouble just for a damage boost I would use Rhino, or Banshee, or Nova.

From what I understand the viable strategy now is to load up on efficiency and duration mods, Banish your squad, Riftwalk, and let them use their abilities to kill enemies outside the Rift.  Saryn, Ember, Ash, etc. are all very capable of doing this.  If you need CC you can bring Loki or Vauban to Disarm or Vortex enemies outside the Rift making it safe when you do exit.  Anyway, it's Trinity all over all which is funny because DE has done everything possible to prevent this from happening.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Definitely seems like a lot of work for medicore and situational cc/ damage boosts.

You have to combo 2-3 abilities to cc an enemy  and damage boost yourself, and if you actually want to use the damage boost on them you have to make yourself vulnerable to them again.

He's just a lot of work for 0 payoff. He needs some kind of innate damage buff/ cc placed on the enemies just for being in the rift. Heck I think any enemy in the rift should just be stunned to begin with unless they're going to add tons of extra effects and abilities to everything else.

From what I understand the viable strategy now is to load up on efficiency and duration mods, Banish your squad, Riftwalk, and let them use their abilities to kill enemies outside the Rift.  Saryn, Ember, Ash, etc. are all very capable of doing this.  If you need CC you can bring Loki or Vauban to Disarm or Vortex enemies outside the Rift making it safe when you do exit.  Anyway, it's Trinity all over all which is funny because DE has done everything possible to prevent this from happening.

Can't dmg things outside the rift.

Yeah, to be fair Nova does a better job debuffing enemies with Molecular Prime and that is far easier to use.  I don't want a repeat of MP so hopefully DE can manage a something like reducing enemy health/armor/shields while they are in the Rift and giving allies a buff like increased health/armor/shields.

@Shizzuie

GreyEnneract says that Ember's World on Fire can damage enemies outside the Rift while she is Banished.  Maybe it's a bug so further testing will be needed.  The point is that not all warframes have direct damage abilities so perhaps weapons do not work but abilities do (Saryn comes to mind with Miasma).

EDIT:  Does anyone know what happens to abilities cast by allies before they are banished?  Things like Frost's Snow Globe or Vauban's Vortex/Bastille.  Are they banished as well or do they remain on the other side?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Can't dmg things outside the rift.

Ally powers do infact work while they are banished on non-banished enemies.

So you can say, Banish Ember,Nova, Saryn, Mirage,etc, and just have them run around in god mode using their powers for damage.

I'm not sure if Absorb would work with this method.

But once again, not sure if this is intended or not.

Edited by GreyEnneract

Crazy idea but what would you think if the Rift had a kill meter where the more enemies that are killed in the Rift the stronger its debuff effect gets.  This meter would decay over time so if you do not kill enemies inside it you begin to lose effectiveness.  This would make killing enemies in the Rift important  but would also provide a strong debuff for your efforts.  I'm thinking of maybe just reducing armor and shields, potentially up to 100% if the meter gets high enough.  This could replace the need for 4x CP and also make Corpus manageable without Mag/Prime or Toxin damage.  They still deal damage as normal so you would need a healer or way to mitigate damage in the Rift.  As a bonus, Limbo can increase his damage while in the Rift as well.  Too OP or justified for the effort?

So limbo isn't good?

At the moment he's like a mediocre Frost.

Claps*

Under 12 hours and people are already saying the new frame sucks... 

Seriously wow. 

Haven't even been tested and don't even know the full capabilities but still say he sucks. WOW

(spite is real)

Being able to point out a frame's flaws in under 12 hours is not hard when there are only 4 abilities to look through.

I haven't seen anyone in here say that he "sucks", I've just seen people post great points about Limbo's flaws.

I bought him with plat, and don't regret it. Combining his 1 & 2 makes life easy when singling out high-value targets like Ancient Healers or Heavy Gunners. His 4 recharges ally's energy within the sphere, so you can spam powers, as since you're all inside the bubble most likely, so pure chaos.

His 3 is a great damage buff combined with his 4.

-Jin

I bought him with plat, and don't regret it. Combining his 1 & 2 makes life easy when singling out high-value targets like Ancient Healers or Heavy Gunners. His 4 recharges ally's energy within the sphere, so you can spam powers, as since you're all inside the bubble most likely, so pure chaos.

His 3 is a great damage buff combined with his 4.

-Jin

Have fun attacking one target at a time and basically opening an air bubble so you can cast rhino roar on yourself then waiting for things to walk into your bubble so that you can actually use said rhino roar buff because its extremely helpful.