Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Skills - Impractical Purpose

Shizzuie

This is the first warframe, i have absolutely 0 fun playing and dont get the point. Its like running with a naked nova without any mods.

I bought all other frames, and beside most of them being usless in endgame, i didnt stop playing any of them before at least the 3 full forma in because it was fun and new.

I stoped playing limbo at lvl 20 ... 

edit:

maybe its the mod level mechanic screwing with us? Or zero thought process while designing his powers.

Edited by voodoo-EGT-

Just fyi, being in the alt dimension increases your energy regen dramatically. 

This works for allys in the alt dimension as well.

Limbo is well done.

Yeah.... If I wanted to give my squad energy then I would use Trinity that doesn't involve them standing in one place xD

@Maljas23

Yeah, the energy regen is a nice bonus but that hardly makes him worth taking over say Nova who can increase damage taken by +100% and slow them down to a max of -75% movement.  Keep in mind they then explode and the entire team can shoot them without any problem.  That's just one skill too.

Limbo has some really cool ideas, they just require so much effort that in the end casting Roar for a damage bonus is much easier than having to Banish single targets, Rift Walk, and then Rift Surge, or Cataclysm, hope the enemies stay in the Rift area, and then Rift Surge.  As stated previously, the Rift needs some type of innate debuff for enemies.

Other issues include trolling allies using Banish since once they are in the Rift they cannot get out nor can they deal weapon damage to enemies.  Banish is like a bad version of Mind Control when you really think about it.  When you do combine it with Rift Walk now the enemy can shoot you, unlike Mind Control.  Again, great concept, just failed execution.  Personally, I want to love Limbo since I prefer control frames but just like Hydroid, Limbo's abilities don't seem to do enough.

I'll admit, DE seems to be getting really good at making Troll frames though.  Between the augmentation to Switch Teleport, Undertow, Tentacle Swarm, Tornado, and Banish they seem to have gotten really good at it.  Remember having items stuck on the ceilings with Tornado or having enemies tossed everywhere, or watching Hydroid gather up entire hordes of enemies and then slowly deal damage to them or flailing them all around making them even harder to hit, or having Loki throw you into the middle of who knows where (they become invincible for doing it now!)?  Now Limbo can Banish players so they can't do anything until it expires.  Wonderful!

I'd say his 3rd Ability should allow you to shoot dudes in the rift in addition to the bonus damage (with bonus damage possibly lowered in exchange). That would probably be enough to make him useful. The Void Energy ain't too bad either, though it's by no means Energy Vampire.

But yah, as is, it's going to take discovery of some interesting mechanics of his for him to be particularly worthwhile. Either that, or the game is going to need to introduce mini-bosses. Something between Eximus and actual bosses (but that appear about as often as Eximus or Heavy units) that can make single target CC worthwhile.

@Zangon

That would hurt his Riftwalk ability then.  I do understand what you are saying as this feels like Hydroid's Undertow all over again.  The ally Banish thing is perhaps the worst aspect of this because the trolls already have enough fun with Bounce and Switch Teleport.  Imagine being able to Banish your team and force a mission to fail.  I'm actually embarrassed for DE.

You don't know about Rip Line and undertow ? *giggle*

@Zangon

That would hurt his Riftwalk ability then.  I do understand what you are saying as this feels like Hydroid's Undertow all over again.  The ally Banish thing is perhaps the worst aspect of this because the trolls already have enough fun with Bounce and Switch Teleport.  Imagine being able to Banish your team and force a mission to fail.  I'm actually embarrassed for DE.

That would only help rift walk. Like I said with outclassing, if you cant damage people outside the rift it is basically a S#&$ invis, where if you can shoot while in the rift it turns into a team invis, instantly turning trolls to team players.

Not read this thread yet, but I have to say that in Void defense, it was great fun.

That bubble over the objective that restores Energy when you step in it while making it immune to damage, good dps, banish a chunk of the swarming enemy to be dealt with later, the random trolling for giggles.. A real asset to the team, and good fun.

(I was Mirage, this is in reference to the first time I played on a team with Limbo)

I'll throw my hat in here:

He's a damage manager. He manages damage! Throw a mob in the void, it can't hurt you (and you can't hurt it), trow a bro in the void an he can't get hurt (or hurt stuff), jump in the void and you can't get hurt. It a logistics manipulation frame, not a damage fame, not a CC frame, not a buff frame, not a debuff frame, it's a really really specialized support frame. Just my opinion.

I like him, and for now, hope nothing changes with him, but I'm a little bias because I've always loved the planeshifter archetypes.

First Ability: It's extremely codependant on his seconday and its only purpose is to seperate you and a few other mobs from the rest which is pointless/annoying in most situations. it can also be used to target enemies outside his ult but again, extreme single target focuses is not warframe.

Second Ability: Same as first but it also allows you to trigger his ult from long range and attack from a distance but again, pointless because the enemies can then attack you and leave the bubble. Also allows revives without issues.

Third Ability: Basically where all your late game DMG will come from even though its useless without your ult or your first + second abiltiies. So basically, trigger ult then trigger 3 to get the same effects of a rhino roar considering that no matter what you do with your abilities... you will always after to enter the void to attack the mobs which basically puts you on the same level as being out of the void yet you just get the chance to activate a roar like abilty.

Forth Ability: The concept is flawed; You have to be in the void to attack things in the void yet once you enter the void the enemies can then attack you like you weren't in the void to begin with.

So, the void is mainly to delay dmg as long as you  and your squad never enter the void or to give Limbo the chance to do more dmg because of his third ability.

How am I suppose to use the abilties in a way that makes the void more useful then the ways I just said?

I figured out how to use his powers except for the third.  I will try what you posted, but I already think he needs a rework.  Playing Limbo seems to make me hyper-vulnerable than what I was just before executing any power.  I think there needs to be a strong aspect of CC with this warframe which would help a lot.  (I think a stasis effect on void-affected targets would help.)  And I for some reason expected the 1st ability to strike multiple targets once it was leveled up, but... it's still a single target.  I would find it useful if at least it took only one point of power to execute so it can be used as often as you need in synergy with the other powers.  In order for Limbo to work in his current state, it would seem that his powers would have to be incredibly cheap to execute, because this warframe is designed to spam all four of his abilities, and I don't think even the best of best builds would help in his current state (especially for high-level/end game stuff).

Can someone please think of anything that you can do with Limbo that makes him less of a gimmickframe and more of a warframe? 

I can, and already have when trying to guess what his powers were before he was launched, but I doubt the devs read it.  I guess all we can do is wait for them to come up with a rework.

Hmm, if going into the rift didn't force you to drop your items, then you could use it on the guy carrying the Datamass, so he could run past all the enemies and get to the terminal.

Maybe you could banish the hostage in rescue missions to keep them from getting killed by their own terrible AI?

Seems pretty situational.

that said, throwing his Ult over a defence target should make it impossible to damage, even if the object itself doesn't get banished, because any enemies inside would be in the first, thus unable to hurt the target, and anyone shooting from outside would be firing their bullets into the rift, (causing them to pass right through the target, which is still in the "real" world.

it's probably going to be a serious balancing soon. 

I'll throw my hat in here:

He's a damage manager. He manages damage! Throw a mob in the void, it can't hurt you (and you can't hurt it), trow a bro in the void an he can't get hurt (or hurt stuff), jump in the void and you can't get hurt. It a logistics manipulation frame, not a damage fame, not a CC frame, not a buff frame, not a debuff frame, it's a really really specialized support frame. Just my opinion.

I like him, and for now, hope nothing changes with him, but I'm a little bias because I've always loved the planeshifter archetypes.

Managing damage, or rather, managing the enemies that deal the damage falls under Crowd Control, which is what CC stands for.

It could have been tolerable in Feedback Warframe&Abilities, but not GD.

Banished from General Discussion.

Then why did you put this in players helping players?

Every time I see you move a thread its always to the wrong place, just saying.

Then why did you put this in players helping players?

Every time I see you move a thread its always to the wrong place, just saying.

Your thread was Banished in here because you asked advice about how to play a warframe. So it's a player asking players to help him.

I mentioned the Warframe&Abilities because you also wrote your personal review of its abilities to serve your first purpose: getting advice.

If your thread would have been posted there, i certainly wouldn't have moved it.

But from GD, the best choice was here.

Concerning my moves, i do what i was told to do, and it's a hard work.

When you see flagrant errors, feel free to PM me to let me know what seems wrong to you.

I may change my mind or give you my reasons to enlight your point of view.

Unlike my gory siblings that you Tenno use to fear, I won't kill you in an instant for this behavior.

We can continue this conversation in PM if you want.

To participate to your topic, I must say I feel the same as you. I'm planning to make my own feedback on this frame. I find hard to make him benefit to the team, get rid of the enemies, or even be a tactical asset.

He's a true nightmare to level up, given he can't kill efficiently.

I have many ideas which I will share. But your thread is interesting. I will hover all the answers to see if there are tips and tricks I missed.

Good continuation, Tenno!

Though these would never take place, would these changes be fitting in order to better Limbo as a frame?

Banish - When a target is banished, up to four other targets are banished for full damage and half of the duration.

Rift Walk - Cast time reduced to .5 seconds

Rift Surge - You can now hit enemies in the opposite plane for half damage (in addition to dealing extra damage to enemies in the same plane as you)

Cataclysm - Entrance damage is still the same, but enemies who enter are trapped within the area until the duration ends. Finishing explosion does 1000 Finisher damage. (It still shrinks)

Does this seem good?

Though these would never take place, would these changes be fitting in order to better Limbo as a frame?

Banish - When a target is banished, up to four other targets are banished for full damage and half of the duration.

Rift Walk - Cast time reduced to .5 seconds

Rift Surge - You can now hit enemies in the opposite plane for half damage (in addition to dealing extra damage to enemies in the same plane as you)

Cataclysm - Entrance damage is still the same, but enemies who enter are trapped within the area until the duration ends. Finishing explosion does 1000 Finisher damage. (It still shrinks)

Does this seem good?

if anything he needs LONGER duration on all of his skills considering they're combo skills.

I would rather have his ult disarm and trap the enemies inside the bubble and cause ranged attacks to pass through without harming anything inside.