Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Skills - Impractical Purpose

Shizzuie

What if Cataclysm was centered around limbo like a mobile snowglobe ( frost eximus)

1. it would do its job of eliminating threats outside of the bubble while allowing some sort of consistent mobility for banished teammates to focusfire.

2. BECAUSE it is centered around him, his ability to make things INVULNERABLE is somewhat balanced out by his needing to trade damage with enemies in the rift.

awesome frame, no tears, sorry if that hurts you.

did you guys knew, (to OP who said u need to enter the ult bubble) that u can join the rift with your 2, stay outside the bubble (getting 0 dmg from enemys outside) and just shoot in?

well this frame needs some brain. sorry for OP

I actually like limbo his ablities allow for high single target dps and god tier team mate trolling he is a high concept frame thats most useful if you are qaqqctually communicating with your team mates its actually wuite refreshing to have a frame that is not apparently a walking force of destructive power

I actually like limbo his ablities allow for high single target dps and god tier team mate trolling he is a high concept frame thats most useful if you are qaqqctually communicating with your team mates its actually wuite refreshing to have a frame that is not apparently a walking force of destructive power

yea. no1 knows what he's doing or how they can interact with a limbo in team.

was playing some rounds with clanmates and had awesome fights =)

(Limbo picks out ancients, energy and whatever auras, nova ult the rest, vauban ... blah bleh ...

switch in rift, kill the rest - gg)

soloing def missions - one good weapon,

ult over pod with a range so you can reach it from outside with your weapon, switch in rift, get invincible, kill everything in the bubble, get in the bubble and kill the rest.

Edited by DamnedNOOB

I will say this on another forum page also. Players need a way to drop out of an allies "buffs." I would love a way to drop out of volt's speed and limbo's void. Voids third ability needs to be an AOE banish so you can drop several enemies into the void and enemies can't just walk out of it.

You cannot put the pod in a Rift state.

People who don't even own him yet are trying to speak on him being viable : |

Actually the pod does go into a rift state. (I'm rank 30 already)

In truth? the new frame is a LOT like a ghost.  What he casts turns into a ghost. Everything in the bubble will get shot at yes however the shot passes right through it. No damage. 

There are two things I would say could be usefull for this frame. 

A. Damage amplifier with a GREAT range. 

B. Long duration small range to protect ONE thing (EXE pod)

Actually the pod does go into a rift state. (I'm rank 30 already)

In truth? the new frame is a LOT like a ghost.  What he casts turns into a ghost. Everything in the bubble will get shot at yes however the shot passes right through it. No damage. 

There are two things I would say could be usefull for this frame. 

A. Damage amplifier with a GREAT range. 

B. Long duration small range to protect ONE thing (EXE pod)

The pod cannot go into the Rift state, and many others have hit rank 30 long before your post.

awesome frame, no tears, sorry if that hurts you.

did you guys knew, (to OP who said u need to enter the ult bubble) that u can join the rift with your 2, stay outside the bubble (getting 0 dmg from enemys outside) and just shoot in?

well this frame needs some brain. sorry for OP

Oh! you mean the thing that I did on the first mission I used him on? Where you attack from the outside of your ult and if they are ranged enemies then they can just attack you normally and if they melee then they will just run/aggro out of the bubble, right?

Or did this simple logic go over your head? This frame doesn't require brains sir and you are proof of that =D

yea. no1 knows what he's doing or how they can interact with a limbo in team.

was playing some rounds with clanmates and had awesome fights =)

(Limbo picks out ancients, energy and whatever auras, nova ult the rest, vauban ... blah bleh ...

switch in rift, kill the rest - gg)

soloing def missions - one good weapon,

ult over pod with a range so you can reach it from outside with your weapon, switch in rift, get invincible, kill everything in the bubble, get in the bubble and kill the rest.

Why do you need to put them in the bubble to kill them in the first place? they can still attack the pod you know? Being in the bubble and out of the bubble for that wouldn't change anything.

This is a copy of a threat I made but i thought id just add it here since this seems to be the main thread.

--------------------------

His cataclysm is a bubble that is obnoxious to use, it forces you to be near enemies to do any kind of dmg or use ALL your energy pool to put all ur teammates in the void to be able to shoot inside the bubble from afar for 30s... Even if you build it in a way to take advantage of his third ability, it will basically become a NOVA molecular prime but a LOT more awkward to use and less powerful. Even if you build it to act like a snowglobe, it will become a weaker and more awkward version. You cannot use your 1 on allies with high duration on because they can't get out of it themselves. You can always build him with max range to be a glorified energy siphon.

The only usefulness i see out of him is if you exploit unintended use of his abilities. like making a nyx invulnerable while she taunts everything with absorb, or make a banshee nearly cast forever.

I love his gameplay, his abilities are a lot of fun to use, but they are NOT useful whatsoever, actually using his abilities might actually be detrimental to your team more than anything else. He needs some rework.

PS: his cataclysm currently does NOT scale with power (dmg is constant whatever the damage mod on). Probably a bug, I hope

Edited by chilledfrench

This is a copy of a threat I made but i thought id just add it here since this seems to be the main thread.

--------------------------

His cataclysm is a bubble that is obnoxious to use, it forces you to be near enemies to do any kind of dmg or use ALL your energy pool to put all ur teammates in the void to be able to shoot inside the bubble from afar for 30s... Even if you build it in a way to take advantage of his third ability, it will basically become a NOVA molecular prime but a LOT more awkward to use and less powerful. Even if you build it to act like a snowglobe, it will become a weaker and more awkward version. You cannot use your 1 on allies with high duration on because they can't get out of it themselves. You can always build him with max range to be a glorified energy siphon.

The only usefulness i see out of him is if you exploit unintended use of his abilities. like making a nyx invulnerable while she taunts everything with absorb, or make a banshee nearly cast forever.

I love his gameplay, his abilities are a lot of fun to use, but they are NOT useful whatsoever, actually using his abilities might actually be detrimental to your team more than anything else. He needs some rework.

PS: his cataclysm currently does NOT scale with power (dmg is constant whatever the damage mod on). Probably a bug, I hope

Yep! Hope they give him a good reasonable buff soon

I'm kinda like the new frame, because when you use it with for exemple an amprex, and a mirage in your team. And you banished the mirage. He didnt take any damage but the clone will cause damage to the mobs. 

And when your in the rift, you banished a mob. With the amprex you can shoot all the ennemy touched by the amprex. 

The only bad things is : you cannot pick up ANY ressources / ammo / energy etc

Ah. Why didn't i read this topic before buying this frame. He looked so cool and the concept was so interesting. :( It's harder not to troll someone than to troll someone. The skills actually make the battles harder, slower and more confusing to other players. Especially with random people - maybe with a trained group on Ventrilo this frame would be useful, but i don't have such a team. It's just so much easier to pick some other frame that will do similar things much more straightforward and quicker and without detriments.

The pod cannot go into the Rift state, and many others have hit rank 30 long before your post.

Really? The pod can not go into the rift state? 

Ok than meet me in game and we'll talk. 

To put the pod in rift state you DO need to put it into the bubble which makes shots go through. 

I can see some real use to Limbo, since abilities can be used from the Void. This means he can render a character invincible, and allow them to safely spam abilities while regenerating 2 Energy/Sec. That's a pretty big deal. Now, can it compete with other options? Maybe not. But it's certainly not useless, just perhaps outclassed. However, it's still not entirely bad. He may not be able to supply energy and survivability like Trinity, but Trinity has no panic button to work on defense objectives. Limbos 4 may not be as good as other 4s, but then, it's paired with another really good use in toughness and energy. So he may not be as good of a defender as Frost, or sustainer as Trinity, but he can do both okay enough.

I also see some use in him as running around in the Void, and pulling an enemy in to 1v1 it safely. It's a niche use, but it could come in handy if you are facing a smaller wave comprised mostly of heavy or eximus units. Of course, it still loses out to Molecular Prime, which can just take care of all of them at once... but that's more about the power of MPrime than anything else.

It's enough of a niche for him to not be useless, or even necessarily in need of a buff. We'll see as time goes on, however, but I think he's got enough wiggle room in his powers to be worthwhile. He'll still probably want a buff, but I'd like him on my team more than Excalibur, just for the energy regen alone.

Check out my post on my analysis on Limbo: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/332120-limbo-analysis-of-current-playstyle-of-limbo-and-changes-to-be-made/

Rift World (General Idea): I think the idea of items not being able to be picked up in the Rift World doesn't make much sense since you are bringing with you the item that you carry into the Rift World as well. Items that are in the Rift Zone by Cataclysm should be considered part of the Rift Zone as well as any items that a Warframe is carrying (like datamasses) which is sent to the Rift Zone by Banish or that enters it by entering in Cataclysm.

Banish: The idea behind moving units to the Rift World is ok, but it should also include the ability to move units out of the Rift World into the Real World.

Rift Walk: Just fix the AOE glitch since enemy AOEs in the Real World are still part of the Real World as well as Eximus Auras.

Rift Surge: The idea that you do more damage in the Rift Zone is fine, but there should be another unique add-on to this ability. Activating this skill should allow Limbo to do damage to enemies in the Real World while in the Rift World as well as being able to damage enemies in the Rift World while in the Real World. If Limbo is able to cross both worlds, he should have some way to do this as well.

Cataclysm: Idea is good, but some more utility should be added. The explosion @ the end of Cataclysm should deal a bit more damage and have a bit more range as well as being able to knockdown enemies affected by the blast.

That or...Change Cataclysm to like some moveable Globe that surrounds Limbo (similar to how Ice Eximus has with their version of Snow Globe) that damages and temporarily stuns enemies that enter and leave the Rift World. Make it into some It shouldn't have a duration and it should be cancellable. Once the skill is cancelled, then the explosion happens.

There is also some sort of rumor that the damage in Cataclysm is NOT affected by Power Strength mods but I'll look into that later.

Strategy to Utilize so far with Limbo:

Right now, the one effective strategy to be fighting as Limbo is to stay in the Rift World with Rift Walk when in combat and pick-off the stronger enemies using Banish/Cataclysm to bring them into the Rift World to finish them off. With that in mind, Duration Mods should be the key to this strategy.

Edited by FoxFX

It doesn't even protect the pod, I don't know where people are getting this idea.

I think it's precisely because the pod is unaffected by Cataclysm - enemies inside the sphere are transferred without the pod, and therefore can't damage it.

Pair with a Snow Globe to keep enemies out, no damage for anyone.

Still less effective than Vortex for the job, I suppose.

I think it's precisely because the pod is unaffected by Cataclysm - enemies inside the sphere are transferred without the pod, and therefore can't damage it.

Pair with a Snow Globe to keep enemies out, no damage for anyone.

Still less effective than Vortex for the job, I suppose.

actually if you make sure your range is as small as you can get it with a good duration the Cataclysm, if aimed right at the base of the pod, will put the whole pod into a limbo state. making shots go right through and, if small enough, will shoot right through it. 

I've tested. I am on second forma for limbo. Just went through a t1 defense with me and one other guy and it helps. 

That's why it's in truth a good frost ball. Just doesn't slow them down or allow you to shoot. Gives you other perks

Edited by DarthBane1

actually if you make sure your range is as small as you can get it with a good duration the Cataclysm, if aimed right at the base of the pod, will put the whole pod into a limbo state. making shots go right through and, if small enough, will shoot right through it. 

I've tested. I am on second forma for limbo. Just went through a t1 defense with me and one other guy and it helps. 

That's why it's in truth a good frost ball. Just doesn't slow them down or allow you to shoot. Gives you other perks

Too bad that most enemies melee the pod 90% of the time or shoot it extremely close range.