Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing On Loading Screen For Missions...

GuN1T

I'm currently rank 9 so i've ran this game just fine before the update. I already tried deleting everything and reinstalling and updating. I cant play any missions because it boots me from the game while on loading screen. Also getting very long black screen after clicking play button on the launcher before i see the loading picture. Atleast 20-30 seconds. But of course the Subject to this post is my main problem. Is there anyone else having the same problem? If fixed please tell me what you did to fix it. If this just an bug from update which I hope it is, please fix this soon...

This is exactly the same issue I'm having and~... just a while guess... most of the fellow Tenno trying to run the game. However, with only a slight difference. GuN1T said it takes an extra 20~30 secs for him to properly start loading the game... Unfortunately, for me, loading isn't that fast. It takes me 10 minutes to go from the Launcher to properly start loading the game, which takes another 6 minutes (give or take a few seconds). Once on the Liset, once I start a mission, it takes also 10 minutes on the transitional loading until it finally crashes on my face.

I would imagine that GuN1T has a moderately decent rig, for him to only take 20~30 secs... That's a perfectly doable waiting time to get to the Login Menu (excluding the time taken to properly load the game)... But on the rare cases (like mine), 16 minutes to get from the Launcher to the Login Menu makes my eyes bleed and its probably a waste of time, even to log in for the daily login reward. Not saying that I'm going to stop playing it, nor I'm trying to rage here since I don't get a kick from doing that, but I think its probably best if this is fixed -> as soon as possible <- because this issue is gamebreaking... Not only for me, but for several other fellow Tenno that are trying to play it.

... Thanks in advance for the Devs for the time spent reading my post, since gamebreaking issues are usually always on top of the fixing list...

well I had this problem but after one of the hot-fixes I haven't had a crash problem yet.

Wish i could confirm that, but whenever i try to play some of the new stuff i just get stuck on the loading screen for the mission.

Sometimes it also just freezes when i open the armory

Sucks such a badass update as well! Havent even gotten to enjoy a single mission of it. Havent even done the Archwing mission... After few of these hotfixes i manage to get into the mission SOMETIMES but after like 10 seconds i crash. But I did get few errors about insufficient memory so i just got done uninstalling Warframe from Steam and trying it off steam because i know steam uses ALOT of memories. So if you guys are still having this problem or worst than mine and you're playing it from steam. Try to remove it from steam and get it away from steam. Be sure to close your steam before playing this game. Im in the process as im typing this so ill let you know if it worked.

Tried it today... Apparently, I can run an already existing (non-Archwing) mission except the ones belonging to the Archwing quest but it takes up to 5 minutes to load it... since 15.0.4 hotfix, loading is a little faster, but it still takes a long time (nearly 12 minutes of total time) from Launcher to Login Screen... Apparently, their fixes are speeding up loading time, go figure...

... It has to load faster, less conflicting stuff happening and all... Anyway, after loading the map stuff runs even smoother than in U14 which is a really good thing...

---------------------- x ------------------------

Nope my last reply did not work... -.- Why did my fiance and I put money into this game...

because if you give them a week mabye 2 you will have a full AAA game experience that's totally free to play. 

It shouldn't take that long. Besides, its only AAA until either G3, Zanuka Hunter or the Stalker start popping up. At that moment, it'll probably be AAAAA^999999999999999999 or something... Hope you two are ready for it, GuN1T, because either of them are quite challenging... For a proper training, I suggest Solo'ing one of those. It should give you enough training to make the rest of the game easy enough on future missions...

... Yeah, I'm weird that way... Hope to see you two ingame later on. xD

Back to the topic itself, I think this issue will be fixed during the upcoming week or so.

PS: Steam sucks... Because it really sucks... No, it REALLY sucks... It sucks so hard that, besides consuming a huge amount of resources just to BE there, if you don't have a multi-core CPU it will flood your computer so much that playing whatever else you can think of will become impossible... I used it once, didn't like the resources it ate just to be there, no interest whatsoever on the Steam "ingame" chat (which is the cause of the CPU flooding on single-core CPUs) and then I ended up knowing games usually end up looking too much like each others because of the statistics taken from their "clients" which are then sold to game development companies... You're better off either discarding Steam or get a crappy computer specifically for it to run there... Warframe may be misleading about its requirements (since I run it on a single-core computer), but I know that it needs lots of memory. I only have 1GB, and it consumes up to 780MBs just to get to the Login screen... After that, the game will work with its cache files, increasing or decreasing memory consumption by a small margin and when needed... So yeah, I would've already discarded Steam, like, completely.

Edited by Uhkretor

Yeah got same problem. Cannot enter the mission at all. On the other hand I am doing other things at the same time (FB etc.) but even Skyrim can run on high in window with FF on and its stable (well wild mouse pointer appears after a moment and pisses me off but that does not matter) so something is clearly very wrong. Please fix it DE.

PS: Steam sucks... Because it really sucks... No, it REALLY sucks... It sucks so hard that, besides consuming a huge amount of resources just to BE there, if you don't have a multi-core CPU it will flood your computer so much that playing whatever else you can think of will become impossible... I used it once, didn't like the resources it ate just to be there, no interest whatsoever on the Steam "ingame" chat (which is the cause of the CPU flooding on single-core CPUs) and then I ended up knowing games usually end up looking too much like each others because of the statistics taken from their "clients" which are then sold to game development companies... You're better off either discarding Steam or get a crappy computer specifically for it to run there... Warframe may be misleading about its requirements (since I run it on a single-core computer), but I know that it needs lots of memory. I only have 1GB, and it consumes up to 780MBs just to get to the Login screen... After that, the game will work with its cache files, increasing or decreasing memory consumption by a small margin and when needed... So yeah, I would've already discarded Steam, like, completely.

One core and 1GB memory? What are you using? Netbook? Old mobile phone? Come on man its 2014. Time to get some corey processor :D