October 24Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 24th Community Hot Topics  

1,016 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Syndicates

Although the syndicates are very new for PC and are coming soon to PS4 and XB1, the community has already been posting some awesome threads about each of the syndicate groups. The fun banter between players has been incredibly entertaining. The majority of the hot topics about syndicates ask other community members who they will support and why, so because the source threads focused so much on player allegiances, I’ve included a poll to get your opinion on the syndicates overall. In your opinion, are the syndicates interesting and diverse? What do you like most about the new Syndicates mechanic? How would you like to see the syndicates evolve in the future? Post your thoughts in the comments below, and visit the source threads to swear your allegiance to a syndicate!

Source Threads:

Syndicate Profile Pictures

Alphafox has a hot thread requesting syndicate symbols for profile pictures. Should players be able to show support for their favorite syndicates by using special profile pictures? What other fun ways would you like to support your chosen Syndicates? I’ve got a couple Perrin Sequence t-shirts I’d like to sell you… 

Source Thread:

Boltor Prime

The Weapons Feedback subforum is filled with dozen and dozens of hot topics by the community, so I’m going to try to highlight some of those topics by doing a “weapon of the week” in each Community Hot Topics. This week, lets talk about the (in)famous Boltor Prime. This weapon is frequently called one of the most powerful weapons in the game, and it has become a staple for high level void runs. Do you think Boltor Prime is too powerful, or do you think other weapons need to be buffed to match it? If you had the choice, would you alter it in some way? Respond in the poll, comments, and source threads. 

Source Threads:

Ember

Similar to the “weapon of the week” idea I outlined above, I’d like to include a “warframe of the week” topic as well. Every week, players are posting lots of great suggestions for their favorite Warframes. Unfortunately, we can’t highlight them all during each Community Hot Topics, but I’ve received several requests to highlight Ember. So, I’ve included some community threads for her in this week’s Community Hot Topics. We’ve also announced an augmentation mod for Ember (released Oct 24 on PC and coming soon to consoles):

Ember: Fireball: Fireball Frenzy: Casting Fireball on allies will add fire damage to their attacks for x seconds.

What is your opinion of the first Augmentation Mod for Ember? Do you have ideas for any interesting Ember augmentations? Let the community know in the comments below!

(The poll for Ember follows the same format that we’ve used for Warframes in previous Community Hot Topics. As a reminder, these topics are purely for community discussion and do not guarantee that Ember will be revised according to these topics or polls.)  

Source Threads:

Ability Mod Removal

Many forum threads have requested and suggested that ability mods should be removed from the drop tables, but the complete removal of all ability mods came as a surprise to some players. What is your opinion on the new ability mechanics? PC players, are you pleased with how the removal of ability mods has turned out? Console players, are you looking forward to having ability mods removed? Please, elaborate on your answer in the thread. 

Source threads:

Emotes (/dance)

Insidiatorii has an interesting hot topic that asks, “should Warframe have emotes?” If so, what kind of emotes would you like to see? If not, why not? Please, vote in the poll and explain in the comments below. The Lotus has informed me that emotes could be coming with the Player Hubs in a future update. Give your fellow community members a /wave, and let them know how you feel about emotes. 

Source thread:

I seriously hope they wont waste their time making emotes.. I would be seriously disappointed.

Edit: The reason why I don't want emotes, is because the feature would be more neglected than used. There are just too many things there should/could be improved in this game, and adding a dance option is the stupidest thing I have ever heard on this forum.

This game isn't based around being social and messing around, it's a fast phased combat game. If you waste your time adding emotes into this game, you will see people use them and giggle about it for 2 weeks, then no one is going to use them anymore. Please focus on improving the game rather than adding these ridiculous features into the game.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of people to do the rigging and animating. I seriously doubt the whole animation team hunkering down to do this thing.

I don't care if 1 animator could do this alone, there are more important things that could be looked into. Here is a few ideas:

- New enemy idle animations: Cleaning weapons, move objects, having a seat.

- New enemy animations when hit: covering face in pain, kneeling and holding leg, screaming when losing a limb

- Improved warframe animation

- New animation for future enemy types

- Object animation on tilesets

- Improved weapon animation

- Animation for none combat NPC's on tilesets (Personally something I would like to see)

ALL of these would add immersion to the game, and make a thousand times more sense than adding a *biping* dance.

Edited by Zareek

I seriously hope they wont waste their time making emotes.. I would be seriously disappointed.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of people to do the rigging and animating. I seriously doubt the whole animation team hunkering down to do this thing.

My two cents on the ability mutations is that they're too similar.

Frost adds cold damage.

Saryn adds toxic damage.

Ember adds fire damage.

And so on. Why not change it up? Frost could make allies have a cold aura, like coolant leak but, on a larger scale. Ember could could ignite allies and if they get close to enemies, they get a fire proc. That sorta thing.

I'll be honest Boltor Prime is a direct upgrade from it's previous form in all ways while other primes have been sidegrades or small buff with some debuffs.  with these two the only thing they kept the same was status while everything was doubled across the board as well as given a new polarity.

I'd say lower the Reload or fire rate and maybe damage or raise the mastery or a mix of both as it stands the gun does not help anyone unless they enjoy going to where we technically shouldn't go

(same with bows and Soma etc Balance everything!)

As I mentioned in Rebecca's announcement thread about the ability mod changes, this is probably my most disappointing change.  While I mostly run warframes using 2 abilities, sometimes 3, the change is actually fine.  But with my specialized 1-ability builds, I will now have to give up a mod slot.  There have been discussions about this to no end, as there is always an argument supporting either side.

As a console player, I'm not yet affected, but hoping that DE can shed more light on the decisions made here, and whether any future changes could possibly bring back the additional mod slots.

Boltor Prime: Hate me if you will. But I want to see it de-buffed. Why? Everybody and their brother uses it BECAUSE it's the most powerful weapon in the game. It's easier to bring the power down on one single gun instead of raising everybody else (it'd feel more even across the board). Just would make much more sense. It wouldn't be a big deal entirely if it was a rarer weapon. As it is now, it's just the staple 'blow through the crowd' weapon. I call it the spray and pray since it takes little skill to hold down the trigger and move it side to side.  I see it more on lower levels too and that's just ridiculous for anybody else trying to level up their own weapons. No chance to take that shot, the enemy is dead before you know what's up. Less damage per shot with a high rate of fire seems to be okay. That would bring some balance.

I do have the BP, not that fond of it and don't use it often (anything to help MR), but without it being high ranked/modded it's still a beast waiting to be abused. Can see how dang nasty it'll get. I'm up for a good powerful weapon, but not god-gun. That takes the fun from other players.

I can say the same thing for the beam weapons with their 100% hit rate. I hate it when I'm taking that 1 second to aim and there come the beams to 100% hit everything as they spray by. Really nerve wracking.

As for Emotes? Sure, why not. They can wave, show off a little of their power, head nod (yes or no) stretch...whatever. Would be fun. They need more personal interaction animations with the kubrow too. Would be nice if you could get some playful banter-esque things between frames.

For those that don't want it more balanced, you must favor the weapon.

Syndicates: One day I will have an opinion. When it hits PS4.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Bolt Prime - First raise the Mastery rank to have this to at least 6. Fix the reload it's to slow and also needs a damage buff. And don't Nerf the weapon just because people complain. Prime weapons are supposed to be powerful not useless.

Ember Prime needs a rework period. She's in desperate need of buffs and armor. She's got the ability to be a great frame.

I'll be honest Boltor Prime is a direct upgrade from it's previous form in all ways while other primes have been sidegrades or small buff with some debuffs.  with these two the only thing they kept the same was status while everything was doubled across the board as well as given a new polarity.

I'd say lower the Reload or fire rate and maybe damage or raise the mastery or a mix of both as it stands the gun does not help anyone unless they enjoy going to where we technically shouldn't go

(same with bows and Soma etc Balance everything!)

Bows might do tons of damage, but it's most often 1 enemy at a time due to a super low fire rate...taking the time to aim that is.  If it was able to spray like BP, then some balance would be needed. Right now you don't have to worry about a bow stealing all the thunder.

Bolt Prime - First raise the Mastery rank to have this to at least 6. Fix the reload it's to slow and also needs a damage buff. And don't Nerf the weapon just because people complain. Prime weapons are supposed to be powerful not useless.

Ember Prime needs a rework period. She's in desperate need of buffs and armor. She's got the ability to be a great frame.

Lowering the damage a bit from where it is now wouldn't make it useless in the least AND it'd still be a beast. Right now it's just an OP beast.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

About Syndicates: I'm only doing my first experimentations with the new mechanic, but I definitely like the direction of it! With that said, I was a bit underwhelmed not to find my signature weapon in the list of special mods.

Similarly, while the ability mutators are cool (they are!), I feel we should get more, but I think that was a foregone decision.

Finally, I am turned off by the way we initially get standing with them: since it scales with exp, it pretty much force our hands into the same missions we already did a LOT for Forma or ressources collecting. I'd rather like a mechanic which puts the other game mode like exterminate or sabotage on par in term of standing points yield efficiency. Maybe collectable items in sidetracked lockers?

About Ember: I like her current kit a lot, except for Fireblast and World on Fire. Here's why:

• Fireblast: It's a high cost ability with negligible upfront damage, underwhelming damage over a longer period and with little utility. The CC can be matched and acted upon better with Accelerant, and the ring has very little application. Suggestion: Give her much more damage upfront and a blast proc. I feel the niche between it and Fireball would be different enough to warrant the presence of both skills, with Fireblast being the absolute burst in Ember's kit.
  • World on fire: I think the skill isn't engaging for the player. The mechanic of it is even less involved than toggles like Absorb and Soundquake. Suggestion: change the skill to something new that involves mobility and cheaper. What I think is have Ember perform an arcing lunge, which peppers fire hazard below her trajectory. To compensate for the loss of power on her ult, add a passive effect where Ember creates a wide aura of fire damaging the enemies the more she uses her abilities.

Bows might do tons of damage, but it's most often 1 enemy at a time due to a super low fire rate...taking the time to aim that is.  If it was able to spray like BP, then some balance would be needed. Right now you don't have to worry about a bow stealing all the thunder.

Lowering the damage a bit from where it is now wouldn't make it useless in the least AND it'd still be a beast. Right now it's just an OP beast.

I didn't mean lower it by any means increase it slightly, I used to use the weapon a lot but the reload and just that everyone use's it sort of takes the fun out of it. 

I didn't mean lower it by any means increase it slightly, I used to use the weapon a lot but the reload and just that everyone use's it sort of takes the fun out of it. 

Giving it a faster reload would mean faster times between the damage. And I think that's the issue trying to be taken into account, the damage being OP compared to other weapons. Even other primes. They SHOULD be awesome weapons, just not that one single weapon that puts them all to shame.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Giving it a faster reload would mean faster times between the damage. And I think that's the issue trying to be taken into account, the damage being OP compared to other weapons. Even other primes. They SHOULD be awesome weapons, just not that one single weapon that puts them all to shame.

Maybe my lack of understanding is a factor here, Sure I've put a great deal of hours 1,000plus into warframe yet still I'm no where on the level on understanding proper damage the affects some mods have on damage and ect....I only suggest a more faster re-load only because using a mod for it takes away from putting a more useful mod on.

What’s your overall opinion of the syndicates?

I like all of them. Honestly, all of them have their own character, they can sometimes be funny. The system itself is great, I got almost 1000 Standing for Hexis in one day, just by farming Argon, doing Archwing quest and stuff, so it's not a chore.

Would you use the symbol from your favorite syndicate as your profile picture?

No opinion on this topic. I would not use them, I think, but they will be definitely a nice little addition.

How would you rate the Boltor Prime, overall?

Good. I can understand people saying it's too good, though. Yes, it is powerful throughout almost all the planets. But after certain point in T4 or T3 it will do close to no damage. We need thos weapon, because it is one of the few weapons that can help us beat the horribly scaled content and bulletsponge enemies. I said that multiple times and I will say it once more: we need OP weapons to beat OP content. Scale enemies to the point where I can kill Heavy Grineer after 60 minutes of T4S with my Karak, and then and only then you are free to nerf Boltor Prime to Karak level. For now - we need it.

The only issue is lowbies running around with it. Raise the Master to at least on par with Dragon Nikana - MR8

In your opinion, which Ember abilities need a revision the most? (can choose more than one)

Fire Blast could use some more damage, increase in size and could also deal damage to enemies inside the circle, not only the ones passing through the walls. Overall a great ability for low-level Infested defences, or any defences with Radial Disarm Loki in your team. But could use tweaking, since the damage quicly falls off.

World on Fire, frankly, could also use a buff. Maybe a bit more damage and the fire colums leaving the floor superheated for a while, so any enemy walking over that spot would get damaged.

Overall, how do you feel about the new ability mechanics?

I love them. I mean, two more free slots on my Saryn? One more free slot on my Rhino Prime and a crapton of mod capacity to use? Huzzah! I can max my Blind Rage without the need to forma anything!

In your opinion, should Warframe have emotes?

I voted NO, but that's more complicated. It depends on what we consider an emote. Dancing, kissing, hug, laughing - NO, HELL NO. Point left, point right, follow me, keep you heads down, enemy ahead, spotted a heavy unit, checking weapon clip, checking sharpness of your blade, testing powers, sitting in meditative pose - yes, please!

Edited by Angius

Basing off what I have played through thus far on my PC...

Syndicate: You guys nailed these characters, I had a giant smile on my face as I listened to each character explain the goal of their faction. As it stands, I hope that we see more interaction of these characters at a later date, specifically in Player Hubs.

That leads me to Emotes: Ever since I saw my Volt use Mirage's Noble Stance , all I imagined was emotes. Now to me its a double edge sword, because we start to move away from the mystery of the Tenno and make them more sociable. The positive is this, look at our community, A lot of us have selected our Favorite Frames and visioned how we represent that frame. Some players prefer Loki and some of them kind reflect who Loki is personality wise. I think Emotes give players another way to express themselves as if they were their warframe (Because as it stands, repeatedly crouching is the current Tenno funky dance)

Boltor Prime: A first I didn't see a problem with this weapon. But slowly I have seen a trend where low rank players try to pick up this rifle ASAP and become too strong for their own level scale. One issue is that Boltor Prime is too easily accessible for low MR players, Consider that new players have a sub goal to experience the game and get the strongest gear. If they manage to get this gun early on, they will throw aside any consideration to use different weapons. Another issue, the gun really is too strong. If you put the time into this gun, you can build it with nearly 450 Puncture and possibly 600+ Corrosive or some other element (Corrosive is common for Towers hence why I used it.) This thing holds up against very high leveled foes which means using it in low levels is straight up Easy Mode. Boltor Prime needs some changes but nothing too drastic, and at least a MR requirement.

Ability Mod Removal is something I welcomed greatly. My only issue and concern is what is up with the Rank 0 fusion cores? They are pretty useless. Not sure if that's a bug or not. I know a lot of players have talked about their ruined builds but.. The change hasn't really affected my 1-trick-pony builds too much. Sure I lose one slot, but I've managed, and losing that slot is well worth getting rid of ability mods altogether. So nice work on this aspect.

Lastly Ember revisions. I understand you guys want to look at new Warframes for adjustments, and I welcome that, but please for the love of all that is pure, go reevaluate Excalibur once more. Slash Dash was ignored, which is extremely disappointing. And I feel like the buffs he received are still pretty inadequate (except superjump, it has decent utility so thank you for this.) I digress, the Augment for Ember is cool. In terms of revisions if you guys plan any, I think Embercis pretty balanced in general. But the augments were a great step to boost Warframe Utility.

Well that's my $0.02 on the topics. Bout all I could think of.

EDIT: Just some clarification on my view of Emotes. I believe we could have a few casual emotes, nothing drastic. Enough to add a bit of personality to our frames. But we should have squad based emotes and signals.

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

Boltor Prime for primary weapons is comparable to Dragon Nikana for melee weapons. It's strong, but not perfect. If it must be balanced down, don't be too hard on the numbers. The best solution would be increasing the mastery rank to 8 or above.

Excalibur could use a bit more investigation.

For Ember, the most recommended ability to rework is Fire Blast.