October 24Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 24th Community Hot Topics  

1,016 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Boltor Prime, the look and feel of it. I'll be upset if it's nerfed into the ground. But it does need a bit of balancing, it's rather far out in front of other weapons and it's boring if everyone is using the same thing. As long as it's still good I'll be happy and keep using it.

Emotes (/dance)

Insidiatorii has an interesting hot topic that asks, “should Warframe have emotes?” If so, what kind of emotes would you like to see? If not, why not? Please, vote in the poll and explain in the comments below. The Lotus has informed me that emotes could be coming with the Player Hubs in a future update. Give your fellow community members a /wave, and let them know how you feel about emotes. 

I absolutely do not want to see dancing and other silly emotes in this game.

Normally my philosophy is just let others play however they want to...

but it's one of those things where when I see it I just feel yanked out of the moment.

Now emotes along the lines of military-esque hand signals I would not be apposed to.

In your opinion, should Warframe have emotes?

I voted NO, but that's more complicated. It depends on what we consider an emote. Dancing, kissing, hug, laughing - NO, HELL NO. Point left, point right, follow me, keep you heads down, enemy ahead, spotted a heavy unit, checking weapon clip, checking sharpness of your blade, testing powers, sitting in meditative pose - yes, please!

TRUTH!

Edited by Ronyn

The Boltor was a beast among the first rifles, as should it's Prime version be among ALL rifles. slightly slow reload and projectile flight time are the perfect counter weight for its brutally destructive power. Nothing needs adjusting mechanic-wise imo. If any change was to be made, I'd adjust the Mastery requirement a couple of levels higher. Alot of players are rank 9 or higher these days so weapons like the Boltor Prime should be earned through sweat and blood. Not handed to hatchlings.

Further more i couldn't agree with YouHaveShamedYoFamory more. The Supra is a hard-earned, hard built suppression rifle that you really have to grind the game to acquire. Yet once obtained it requires half its mod slots to fix its draw-backs rather than increasing its lethality.
I am a huge fan of the Supra, both in looks and functionality, and hope one day it gets the boost it deserves for its high Mastery/build cost requirements. Until then the Boltor Prime shall deliver my promises of death... 

Ember was my second non-tutorial frame, I built rhino and ember at the same time.  I loved how different they were and loved them both.

I just got my Ember prime, and was really happy to have it back, because I had stopped using the original frame because it falls off so hard when enemy levels start to get up there.

Conclusion, ember prime isn't any better than ember was, still falls off really hard.  I love the idea of World On Fire, and a mage focused frame, but it simply cannot compete.  Glass cannon mage frame that doesn't do any damage.  I would love to see her damage scale somehow, perhaps make it do base damage + percent health damage so that she can truly be a caster mage throughout the game's content.

As for the Boltor Prime, up to this point everything I have read and seen about it listed it as among the top 7 strongest weapons in the game, coming in at 6th or 7th.  I didn't realize so many people thought it the strongest weapon in the game, with that in mind I'd say it doesn't need a nerf, but expanding that list of top tier weapons would be nice.

Ember has two problems:

1) She focuses way too much on her own damage. She has virtually no survivability; average mobility; and due to the low range, short duration and status chance of her Fire procs, very little CC compared to Damage 1.0. Her only (baseline) utility increases fire damage dealt, which is only reliably useful to her (especially as it's only 1 of 10 elements that can be on a weapon). She has a low skill ceiling in her playstyle because every skill in her arsenal focuses on dealing flat amounts of ability damage (which become less relevant as enemy level increases) and competes for the same role. Even Nova and Mirage have more varied toolkits, more personal synergy, and far more output than Ember due to their scalability. In short, it makes her toolkit repetitive and dull.

--> Consider the other elementals for a moment. They each can use their elements to create some form of defense - Frost, Volt and Zephyr block damage, Saryn and Hydroid avoid it, Mag and Oberon amplify party defenses against it, Mirage runs the gambit - except Ember, who just takes it.

--> Shock/Overload and Shield Polarize amplify or stack with their frames' respective elemental procs; Venom/Miasma and Freeze one-up their users' natural elemental status. Ember's abilities don't affect, subvert or otherwise play upon Heat's status at all, just proc it as-is.

2) She has little to no reason to use Fire Blast. In a given build, you're either using World on Fire because it's mobile and cost-efficient, or Fireball because it's a cheap way to capitalize on a Maximum Power Strength build. Fire Blast's output is balanced around enemies lingering in the circle of flames - but only directly on the fixed outline itself, with no reliable way in her arsenal to keep enemies on the circle (beyond pure luck), and no penalty toward them for attempting to cross beyond the sum total of... one tick of damage. It's a very narrow affected area, on a very weak damage effect. For bonus points, since you can't adjust its size anymore, even if there was some benefit to getting enemies (or allies) in the circle, it would be very limited.

Edited by Archwizard

First off, loving the syndicates! Its funny that just prior to the update, I was actually more excited to see what these groups were and carefully choose my alliance than I was for archwing. This is probably because I've been hearing about archwing for a while and syndicates was brand new but whatev. I hope the syndicates continue to expand in breadth and depth, keep it coming.

My only opinion about ember is that maybe her Fire Blast should be more linear? Like a Fire Wall or something. Something to make it more different than the other "circular" abilities like Snow Globe and Bastille.

Lastly, dancing. I might not call it that specifically, but it would be nice for some kind of emote because we all do it already by casting abilities at extract and whatnot. I wouldn't waste too much time on it, but people would probably like it and use it. While we are on the subject though, could we PLEASE increase the amount of time between idle animations??? It gets a bit annoying, especially the ones with sound effects.

The Syndicates are looking promising and full of personality. I'm really hoping you guys don't drop the ball here and turn them into just another drawn out grind, and take the time to write up some more extensive lore for them... and how they interact with one another. Why is Steel Meridian enemies with the Perrin Sequence, when they are both more or less interested in benefiting the general populace? The Perrin Sequence through good-faith commerce and the Meridian through defense of the colonies. How are they incompatible? Standard Grineer/Corpus racism? Some of the enemy relationships make immediate sense, but others don't. I'd like to hear more from the Syndicates outside of their two-sentence sales pitches. I'm also expecting the Syndicate related alerts to be a) much more reasonable in terms of accumulating favor, and b) common enough that you don't have to lurk into the wee hours of the morning for fear of missing one. 

I said the Boltor Prime was too good, primarily because it is a Mastery Rank 2 weapon. I keep hearing about this mastery-based tiering system that is supposed to be in place and serve as a guide for balancing new and existing content, but I'm still baffled as to why it's taking so long to manifest. I'm fairly certain there have been at least two major updates that were supposed to include a "balancing" of the game, but I don't think either of those updates actually did anything to that effect. Who is in charge of balance? Is it just Scott, or are there others? (There need to be others.) Can you guys start addressing a few weapons at a time rather than trying to pull off balance overhaul-style? Like I've said before and I'll say again, you've got a very eager and responsive community at your fingertips. Start making changes, and let us test them! 

Out of curiosity, how is the Nekros rework that was hinted at last time coming along? 

That aside, Ember's Fire Blast is in the most need of assistance. It's ridiculous that it only deals damage directly on top of a static ring, and both of Ember's other offensive fire casts do a better job of everything Fire Blast is capable of. If Ember is supposed to be a glass-cannon that relies on her mobility for survival, first make her an actual cannon. Then make sure she doesn't have abilities that root her in place. 

The new ability system is a good one, but keep in mind that it hasn't so much diversified builds as made them more accessible. My loadouts didn't change much; I was just able to fit a few more important mods on. Players aren't going to build their Warframes differently until there's some better scaling in place for base stats. We need to feel like there are better options outside of max efficiency, or at least that we won't be punished too harshly at higher levels for not optimizing ability use to some degree. 

About Boltor Prime, as someone else wrote, it's a powerful weapon it's true, but there are many others better then it. It's like the Dragon Nikana. 

The problem with Boltor Prime is that no Mastery rank is required to use it, so new player are able to use it since the very beginning, breaking their game experience. 

Boltor requires MR2. Boltor Prime should require MR8 at least, like Dragon Nikana. 

The solution isn't to nerf a weapon, but to buff the other to be able to have different options and variety into the game. 

Some examples are the Latron Prime and the Latron Wraith: both are good weapon, the first for Status change, the second for Critical chance, and players are split into a group that prefear the Prime version, and a group that like the Wraith one. But both are good weapons. 

Another example are Dragon Nikana, Dakra Prime and Scindo Prime. They're all great weapons: someone like the Nikana, someone the sword with Crimson Dervish, someone the axe and so on. 

THIS is the key: give the player the possibility to make choices of the SAME VALUE (for example, weapons created for damage, or for status change, or for critical damage and so on). 

Boltor Prime is a good 'damage' weapon. The problem is that its counterparts aren't generally good enough to compensate and give the players the possibility to make a choice (I'm speaking about automatic rifles of course). 

Some examples? Braton Vandal and Braton Prime, both should have a buff to make them a good choice compared with Boltor Prime (i.e.: Bratons for Infested, Boltor for Grineer). Grakata has a good critical chance, but not a good damage to be able to use it instead of a Boltor Prime. Same for Karak, Dera and all the other auto weapons. 

Syndicates

As of yet, I have to say that I'm fond of the fact that I was somewhat at a loss who to side for. Each one has an angle that I can appreciate, and for me New Loka won that particular role of the die. Maybe it's because they favour Trinity and Valkyr, maybe it's because I like the Sigil designs they have over Perrin Sequence but either way...I chose New Loka mostly over their telos and MO.

I'll be interested to see how things develop. I'm just liking that the basic Sigil works quite well on my Valkyr's back, inbetween where it was 'torn open'.

Further usage of Sigils

I'm open to it. Either way, variety is nice.

Boltor Prime

Whilst I don't possess it myself to comment as a user, I admit that it's just incredibly dull to run a random public mission and there's practically nothing you can do due to the use of it. Sure, ok, people can enjoy their strong stuff as much as the next guy, but if you're literally left with nothing to do because you're favouring your marksman/woman weapons...well...why not just Solo it?

MR requirement really needs some attention.

I will have to leave the numbers to people who have a better grasp on the matter. I can merely express how impotent it makes one feel when doing levelling runs.

Ember

Like most people say, Fire Blast sincerely needs a looking over. Whilst the principle is great, a wall of flame that does damage, the fact is that happens once, it does nothing once you're inside and it's not doing anything if enemies can just shoot you.

However, whilst I enjoy using Ember now and again, I honestly haven't spent as much time with her as I'd like to make significant contributions on this matter. This being said, I enjoy using her in a 'blitz' sort of style; fireball, run in, do something, run out, repeat or what have you.

In regards her Augment: The principle is interesting. If Ember can cluster her allies in front of her and smack em with a Fireball, all it takes then is a good Accelerant to give the party a boost. If these mods have a similar interaction to Saryn's Contagion potentially giving you a combined element, this could have a lot of team work potential. However, that will have to be seen I guess.

Abilities

I'm honestly not complaining. It gives a good feel and whilst I need to actually acquire a frame to use the new system, I'm liking the 'through use' angle. Other than that, I've got 8 mod slots to pay attention to with most of my frames and lordy it was a fun debate. Some of my frames can now do everything and be geared up to go melee if I want to. Or I've managed to get Rage and such on more of my frames...or Retribution on my Valkyr. So much...room to manoeuvre.

Emotes

I am...hesitant on this one. Like people above have said, they'd need to 'fit' within the aesthetic the Tenno possess.

I'd like to be able to kneel at the end of a mission whilst waiting for people. And my lord would it be fun to rise from that whilst drawing a blade... Another possibility could be martial kata; depending on weapon, one can perform movements other than say 'twirl sword in hand'. Sword-dances or what have you, so long as they fit.

Other than that, definitely some measure of tactical gestures; hand signs for halting, taking points, holding...lots of options and it fits the theme.

I think that's all I can come up with. Hoping this proves useful for people.

I like the idea of syndicates and special rewards through them and all.  But the weapon specific mods that came with U15 are a total disappointment.  Most of them are for less than stellar weapons or provide buffs to the weapon that are easily available through existing mods (ie the burstron prime mod versus mods like shred that are considerably more useful ).

With the new ability mutators being regular mods warframes should've really kept all their 10 slots. Or you could've given abilities 4 separate slots that only take mutator mods.

As it is, when we start getting more interesting and useful mutators (and from their descriptions Hydroid's and Ash's sound pretty good. I'm not very happy with whoever thought of the Mag one; like, really, a chance to pull pickups?), 8 slots are going to prove quite limiting.

Don't care about emotes. Would like Syndicate profile pics.

Well, the idea about emotes/taunts isn't a bad idea, it just depends on the role of each game. You'll have to consider if a specific taunt fits well on a game like Warframe. I've seen those taunts/emotes in other games like Unreal Torunament and even Team Fortress 2. Unreal Trounament mostly had taunts that ranged from victory poses to some dances and others, TF2 is a bit different because it has several of them that can only be done when equiping a specific weapon or something else, but TF2 is a cartoony game while Unreal Tournament is a bit more realistic.

On one hand I would apreciate that there could be emotes/taunts in Warframe, they could actually be useful to "build" our own characters who're behind the Warframe's helmet. But on the other hand I can understand why some people wouldn't like to have taunts, maybe because they might not fit well to the game's role, especially if they are dancing taunts. I understand that, some dances as taunts might not be that good for the game as they are in other games such as the Conga dance in TF2 once it's is described as prohibited, in fact even the Spy from the said game has a quote where he says "Dancing! It is the forbidden dance!"

In resume, you just need to consider which emotes/taunts work best for Warframe. Personaly, once that Warframe is a realistic game and considering if the emotes are indeed to be implemented in the future, I would prefer simple emotes/taunts like victory poses, brofists, high five or something that could fit well to the role of the game, nothing like dances or similar.

This is just my opinion, the game is already good without the emotes, in fact the emotes could mostly been seen as something to use just for fun or to give personality to a character that we create behide the warframes that they use, but if we consider making emotes that can actually be useful to alert the squad in some situations like spotting a heavy unit that's way much better.

Edited by JackMcRain

Syndicates:

They're pretty good. Anything that introduces new characters is good. You should add more NPC's to them (so they don't use existing assets like infested chargers for the red veil, but instead red veil operatives or something). Add named characters with personalities, put them in syndicate alert missions, give them dialogue. Add more rewards.

Side note:

Sigils - they were also supposed to be given for mastery rank and other ridiculous accomplishments, unassociated with Syndicates. I'm assuming that's coming too?

Profile Picture:

Not using those, so don't really have an opinion. More is good though, so why not.

Boltor Prime:

BUFF, DON'T NERF.

Ability Mechanics:

Awesome, makes the game much more understandable for new players, gives (most of) us more space to play with mods. Great change.

Emotes:

No. We should have a VGS system instead though: http://tribes.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Game_System

Ember:

Accelerant is a stupid ability. Stun is okay-ish, but having to cast it to deal more damage is just no. Replace the bonus damage with some other functionality (fire burst that knocks down everything?) and just buff damage on all other abilities.

I hope you see this drew. It's related to your Ember question in pole

I think personally you guys should improve the fire blast so that instead of being a "ring of fire" you can do one of two things. 

A. Make it a "fire blast" like those of that the grineer does. 

B. Make a "Pillar of fire" which protects a certian spot (much like frost's Snow globe)

Syndicates

<snip> I’ve included a poll to get your opinion on the syndicates overall. In your opinion, are the syndicates interesting and diverse? What do you like most about the new Syndicates mechanic? How would you like to see the syndicates evolve in the future? Post your thoughts in the comments below, and visit the source threads to swear your allegiance to a syndicate!

* I like one or some of them.

I actually see potential for most of them, but that potential is missing substance to be realised. I feel that the Syndicates need fleshing out.

Interesting? Can't tell, they don't have enough 'meat' yet. WTB more characterization PST.

Diverse? Yes.

What do I like most about the new mechanic?

*Scratch head*

Honestly? That not all the exp I gain on my maxed everything is wasted anymore. :/

Syndicate evolution?

Lore is nice. But I want characterization.

Maybe more gets revealed as you progress, idk. 

But all I know about the syndicates atm is the UI descriptions and (slightly better) the 'talking heads'' intro (and Initiation) speech(es).

idk about others, but without that substance, I find it hard to see syndicates as anything but mechanics to be gamed for best result. >_>'

Beyond that?

If not wholly new Syndicate missions (haven't gotten any alerts yet, still rank 0), it'd be nice if there were some 'spins' on existing missions.

e.g. Assume Steel Meridian hate Grineer.

When wearing a SM Sigil and doing a Grineer Survival, the intro speech becomes:

"A lone SM operative is blah blah".

Might even adjust the rewards to reflect that Syndicate's 'favored' things.

Just a thought.

Syndicate Profile Pictures

Should players be able to show support for their favorite syndicates by using special profile pictures? What other fun ways would you like to support your chosen Syndicates? 

* Yes!

I would, potentially, subject to the above tl;dr.

'Should Players be allowed..?' Don't see why not.

'Other ways to show support...' Sorry, no clue.

Boltor Prime

This weapon is frequently called one of the most powerful weapons in the game, and it has become a staple for high level void runs. Do you think Boltor Prime is too powerful, or do you think other weapons need to be buffed to match it? If you had the choice, would you alter it in some way? Respond in the poll, comments, and source threads. 

* Too good.

I did some runs with a Boar P that looked something like this and a Boltor P that looked about like this.

Took on Alad V (level ~45 iirc) with a Mag. Wait for Zanuka to leap, Shield Polarize, murder it when it lands, leap across, murder Alad, done.

Boltor reliably got Zanuka down in half a mag or less.

Boar took 1-2 magazines. (1 would often leave it at ~1/3 HP.)

Took on Hyenas with a Trinity.

Once again, Boltor significantly outperformed the Boar.

And that was against Corpus, which the Boar's damage spread is supposed to favor.

Haven't bothered trying, say, Ruk. Or, better yet: Vey Hek.

Boltor has access to Rifle mods, as opposed to the Boar's shotgun. Boltor has better TTK on a single target (and I wonder if the two are related). It has not only a more common ammo type, its pool is more than 4 times larger to boot. It has a much more favorable damage spread (Puncture. Puncture. Puncture. Best (raw-)damage type bar none. Do we get the idea?). It doesn't have damage falloff or projectile drop.

The only advantage that the Boar has over it is its hitscan nature.

There are weapons that hit harder.

There are weapons that are a bit more ammo efficient.

But they all have some kind of downside.

All but the Boltor P.

Phage requires refocusing, or burning ammo to keep your focus.

Synapse is single target.

Amprex is an ammo hog. Ditto Soma.

Supra has spread and huge, huge travel time.

Paris P/Dread have projectile travel time, slow refire rate, limited, rare ammo and become reliant on headshots.

Ogris has a full-charge trigger, self-damage and a limited rare ammo pool.

Penta also has self-damage and a limited rare ammo pool.

(Ak)Bolto have a much smaller clip, are semi-auto and have half the ammo pool.

Brakk has damage falloff.

Detron has an innate combined element, making it niche.

Quanta... is damn nice.

Castanas have projectile travel and drop, as well as limited, rare ammo.

AkVasto is useless against heavies, AkMagnus is worse, but at least can crit/status.

Lex P and Marelok are great, but reliant on headshots.

Seer has that omfg travel time, Stug has limited range (and projectile tracel and drop) and Twin Gremlins have significant travel time.

Did I miss any?

tl;dr Boltor P is easy to use, has a huge ammo pool with a common ammo type, is full auto, ragdolls, is Puncture focused and has excellent DPR.

So what if it has projectile travel time? So you can't use it well against moving targets over rough terrain past ~30 meters.

How fortunate that, between doorways and the flatness of the Void tileset, this is a total non-issue is the only endless content that anyone cares about.

Ember

I’ve included some community threads for her in this week’s Community Hot Topics. We’ve also announced an augmentation mod for Ember (released Oct 24 on PC and coming soon to consoles):
Ember: Fireball: Fireball Frenzy: Casting Fireball on allies will add fire damage to their attacks for x seconds.
What is your opinion of the first Augmentation Mod for Ember? Do you have ideas for any interesting Ember augmentations? Let the community know in the comments below!

Which ability needs a revision the most?

* Fireball - It's a limited AoE flat damage skill. Heavies' damage mitigation will neuter you, and while the innate CC is nice, it's not enough to keep you alive once the damage falls off.

* Fire Blast - Useless. Stationary, no disable, flat damage.

* World on Fire - Requires every Power property; so sacc anything and it will suffer, requires that you be close(-ish, depending on your modding) to your target with a squishy frame, has no AoE (that I've ever noticed), in my experience it's unreliable CC and, oh yes, it's flat damage.

Fireball Frenzy: So your squadmates can benefit somewhat from Accelerant even if they aren't specced for Heat. That's nice. I don't think it's nice enough (to warrant the Standing cost. Whether that speaks more to the ability itself or to the rate you gain Standing, I'm not sure.)

Ability Mod Removal

Many forum threads have requested and suggested that ability mods should be removed from the drop tables, but the complete removal of all ability mods came as a surprise to some players. What is your opinion on the new ability mechanics? PC players, are you pleased with how the removal of ability mods has turned out? Console players, are you looking forward to having ability mods removed? Please, elaborate on your answer in the thread. 

I haven't had any frames to level from 0 since U15, so I can't speak from experience.

That said:

Change means I can't put an Aura, a nuke and Fleeting Expertise on a new frame to level up fast. This is irksome.

Change means that ability potency is directly tied to frame rank. This is... I'm not sure.

That aside? Overall, I like it.

I don't use many 1-ability builds; and I don't have Reactors on all my frames. So to me, this has mostly been an improvement.

Also, no longer suffer from IF I SEE ONE MORE TAILWIND...! syndrome.

Emotes (/dance)

Insidiatorii has an interesting hot topic that asks, “should Warframe have emotes?” If so, what kind of emotes would you like to see? If not, why not? Please, vote in the poll and explain in the comments below. The Lotus has informed me that emotes could be coming with the Player Hubs in a future update. Give your fellow community members a /wave, and let them know how you feel about emotes. 

/care.

Can't say it plainer than that.

They can exist. They can not exist. Makes absolutely no difference to me.

-) Overall Opinion about syndicates:

They are nice. Takes up overcap experience, brings it to use when everything is leveled. Brings interesting rewards and new conflicts (maybe).

i am not sure what to think of some of the rewards, either you trade to get everything, or you run through everything yourself, then you have it and thats it. Only the keys (not sure about the faction supply item) are an item that gets used up, and as I am not yet sure how hard it is to purchase the keys, I can't say if its to easy to get keys that way.

The distribution though, might be a problem, since some types of keys are not as easy to get as other types of keys, and some are less "rewardy" than others (more rewards from survival than from extermination (usually) for example). So it might favor the factions with the most used / hardest to get keys.

-) Boltor Prime

Small story about that:

I loved the Boltor. I liked the style, I was satisfied with the performance (it wasn't in high level content), and not many used it. Then I found out about the Boltor Prime. I really liked how it looked, finally the few problems I ahd with coloring mine would be not an issue with the Prime. Also it did much more damage, and more.

I finally got it, and on the way found out that many many people use it. I leveld it up. It now collects dust in my collection, waiting for times, when it is not overpowered and less used. If yomeone would ask me though, to pull out my most effective weapon, I would always take the Boltor Prime, regardless of faction or other circumstances.

I ran missions with it, and its awful. No weapon should make others that obsolete, there should always be a good choice, between many weapons. Choice of weapons is a huge deal, and while some nice weapons don't have the strength for the hardest content (there are people diasagreeing about that, but al least in comparison), having only a few weapons on top is terrible. Special mechanic weapons, and weapons of different types should be avaiable for all tiers.

At least then you would only sometimes lose a favorite look of a weapon on the way up, but not a whole weapon type.

As examples, Weapons types that I woudl say miss a high tier counterpart: Slow(er) firing shotgun (wraith items excluded) (might be different with the new mod for the Hek, but have to try - also still horrible magazine), Disc Thrower, Impact Bow, Throwing Melee, Sniper Rifles (not so sure about them though, as I rarely use them as such in Warframe - I modded a Lanka as a nice Disc Thrower alternative - crit chance, and still high status, and goes through enemies), Fast firing Rifles besides Boltor Prime and Soma (Supra is good though, not perfectly compareable, needs much more work for being useful enough, but quite good - I would consider it well balanced between Requirements to use it, then to get it, and then to make it useful, compared to its power), welll ans surely some more, just examples.

-) Ember

I don't really use Ember, but from an outside perspective the biggest issues of Ember are:

1) No utility - Ember needs a real utility function

2) Too much damage through world of fire on lower missions - you can just jog after the Ember, you better don't try to do anything, its futile...

3) Skills only focused on damage, which doesn't scale that well into high levels.

4) Single Target skills aren't that useful (or cost too much)

-) New ability mechaincs

Quite nice actually, that now all Frames have all abilities with them, makes them a bit more predictable. Also saves some hard decisions.

On the other hand it saves some hard decisions. And it isn't really nice that the highest ability only gets the highes functionality at the point when you are formaing that frame (if you do it). Also you can't have a small frame with a high ability anymore. Well, might change a few leveling runs.

I consider it good, that now all frames have all there abilities with them at all times, since that is theoreticly what makes them special - in conjuncture with their stats. Might lead to finding more to balance though, since before you could easily say: Those abilities aren't good, i run with something else there, and win out. Now you have frames with more well abilities, and frames with... less useful ones - and those with less useful ones can't free up a mod slot from the crap. So now the frames must be better balanced to make up for it.

Either all frames have crap abilities of the same strength, or none.

-) Emotes

i voted yes, but would more like things like quick commandos - pointing and gestures are all nice, but not easily seen, so gestures with communication would be nice. Like "Get the hell back to defending". Maybe with different sound packs. I know there is a tool for speaking included.

But:

1) it isn't used much

2) When it is used most of the times the one speaking can hardly be understood

3) When there is understanding, there might be different languages. I am playing in europe, and the times when I have people writing in Cyrillic are many.

It would be nice if we could give commands, that people would hear in their installed language. As a dream: With different politeness, with more impoliteness taking a bit longer to access (e.g. a wheel, where you have to navigate to the outer part, step by step for each increase in impoliteness.

(For example From: "Please help defend" through "Come back defending now!" to "COME BACK TO DEFEND YOU FRELLING *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*)

Edited by Deus_X_Machina

Syndicates

It is difficult for me to have what I believe to be a good (well based, rational, reliable) opinion of the individual syndicates since we know so little about them. The only thing we have is a one-liner designed to attract people to reading the group's brochure...Which doesn't exist. Syndicates need a better background describing their ethos, rules, and history to form a really cohesive and compelling universe. IMO.

I am rather concerned about the concept of the Tenno pledging to support other power groups in the system, because our exact relation to the Lotus or hers to us is unclear. You had people starting threads about how they would never break faith with her.  You need to clear this up.

Syndicate profile pictures

Use the syndicate's heraldry as our entire profile picture, no.  But:  Use their heraldry as a decoration on the corner of our picture, like how founder's stars are? Like....yours in fact.  Yes please.

Boltor Prime

It's a powerful weapon. It's not the BEST weapon in my opinion and in the opinion of many other super-veteran players, but the incredibly high damage and ease of use means it trivializes all but the very longest of endless missions.  My major objection to the Boltor Prime is the fact that it has no mastery requirement. This should be a MR8 weapon, if not 10, so that new players don't inadvertently shoot themselves in the foot by starting out with a weapon (via friends, clan members, or trade chat) that makes almost everything else obsolete. In other words it's pretty much the pinnacle of assault rifles and that's okay, but it shouldn't be something you can get practically from the start.

Possibly make all existing boltor primes grandfathered in as having a MR0 requirement, but all newly constructed specimens have adjusted mastery rank.

Ember

The only power that outright falls flat on its face is Fire Blast i.e. The Fiery Donut Of Frustration. But she could use work in general.  My suggestions were

1.) "Fireball" creates a short-lived fire hazard on the map, similar to what Napalms do.

2.) "Accelerant" gains the ability to sustain fire DOTs on the target and spread to new targets.  When you trigger fire DOT on a target, it will run for the full duration of Accelerant rather than just ticking a few seconds like it does for targets who are not sprayed with fuel.  Only the single highest magnitude of DOT is sustained in this way. Enemies can spread their fire DOT to other enemies near them who are covered in Accelerant but not presently on fire. Enemies who are on fire and hit by a second cast of Accelerant will have the duration reset.

3.) "Fire blast" replaced with the ability that Fire Eximus units have: An expanding sphere of flames that knocks targets down. In Ember's case it should also do a fair whack of damage and set people on fire. Cost reduced to 50 energy.  (at 75 energy, made obsolete by World on Fire which can cumulatively do a lot more damage)

I have not used the Fireball evolution mod, but my feeling is that if it is implemented the same way as Saryn's melee ability (% of base damage) then it's a waste of space.  Our weapons do the majority of their damage with elements, so the only bonus that would really be noticeable is a percent of final damage.  You could also consider making the bonus be a guaranteed Fire proc when they attack, which has a sort of crowd control potential.

Ability mods overhaul

A good change overall, though I think it will make ranking up frames more tedious because you can't install a max rank offensive "grind power" to feed bulk XP directly into the frame.  Keep abilities at max rank after forma...?

Emotes

Warframes should have emotes, but for the love of gods do not add stupid ones like people doing the robot or the funky chicken. Every single game I have seen where this is an ability, it just ends up being an immersion breaking waste of time.  Consider also that the Tenno seem to be a super serious group of people.

A few emotes that you SHOULD have are;

- bow of respect

- melee weapon flourish

- parade drill with rifle

- Tai Chi-like moves

- "shun" (cross arms and turn back on target)

- lotus meditation