October 24Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 24th Community Hot Topics  

1,016 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Syndicate Profile Pictures
Should players be able to show support for their favorite syndicates by using special profile pictures?

Only syndicate icon as profile pic - no, thank you. But having it as an overlay e.g. in the bottom left corner - yes, I'd do that.

My two cents on the ability mutations is that they're too similar.

Frost adds cold damage.

Saryn adds toxic damage.

Ember adds fire damage.

That will probably come with the next level of ability augmentations. I'm fine with elemental caster frames adding their type of elemental damage to allies' attacks. They might think about a rework of Contagion in Saryn's case, but otherwise I don't see any problems here.

The big thing I don't like about the Syndicates are the alerts.

[...] I think the Lotus should be completely replaced with your respective syndicate rep.

My guess is, that this'll come later, when they had time to record all the lines for all the reps. I don't say it's bad, but U15 possibly has more unfinished stuff shipped than any other of the previous updates.

I've mentioned this before. The Boltor P isn't OP. It NEEDS to be powerful. We need guns to take into T4 and "end game" . However, I feel strongly that they should increase the mastery level of this gun. If a new player gets their hands on this gun, they will be discouraged from playing other weapons and their M Rank will stagnate.

The other problem with PBoltor is, that people will take it ANYWHERE, not just Pluto/T4. Which makes it really hard for me not to despise that weapon, when I can just idle in low- to mid-level missions (PuGs at least, luckily none of my clannies has that weapon so far), because every enemy I see will immediately fly to the other end of the level in a volley of high-power bolts.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Syndicates:

Imagine this:

You climb the Kilimanjaro, everybody says you're a great mountaineer. You think "what the heck, i'll climb the Mount Everest then". You buy some new stuff for climbing, but the guys at Mount Everest say: "no no, you have to climb the Kilimanjaro again, because of no reason."

Grinding rep feels like falling in love, breaking up, then falling in love again, except you have to be with your ex before you can kiss your new girl/man/grineer.

It feels completely idiotic.

And it hurts.

This made me laugh, but yeah, there were a lot of valid points in this thread.

All in all, I think it's a good concept but it feels a bit rushed just to put it out there. Obviously it can be expanded upon later on, and I think it should because frankly I am much more excited about Syndicates and player choice, morality, lore and whatnot than in the new Archwing game-mode.

Sure I mean, it's fun, but the whole lore thing and player choice was something that was not seen ever since the Gradivus Dilemma, and man that was actually very little choice compared to what it could have been but it shook up the entire game and there were threads popping up for one faction or the other, hilarious phrases came up, flaming between Ruk and Salad V. Of course, the grindind was the downside, but that aside, everything was great.

And it also shed a bit of lore on things, the relationship between the Corpus and the Grineer.

But it has several problems, the most prominent being:

A) You are required to spend actual precious resources which you can't get short of being lucky enough to find the proper alert or spending plat to get

B) Once you do so, you have to start all over again, in a even longer grind, and every time you progress you lose all the standing again which makes little to no sense

C) It almost begs to have faction specific alerts or mini-events, or the like.

TL;DR:

Until it is expanded upon, making it so you don't lose rep for ranking up, having "more expensive" sigils give more exp, have faction specific missions or alerts frequently, toning down the "price" for ranking up (regarding potatoes) is the way to go.

I'd rather see how far this whole thing can go when worked on properly, as well as a reworked tutorial/new player experience (That actually explains to them how the market works, and what are blueprints, and how to get items. You know, how to play the game besides "Press E to melee") than new weapons or the like.

Edited by SmilingReaper

What should really be added as emotes are serious, cool, special ops hand commands/ninja stuff. I would love being able to stab two fingers forward, signaling to my fellow Tenno silently that we're heading in. Something like that would be a great addition and not break immersion.

1. Don't really feel anything towards syndicates. They seem not enough rewarding in comparison to the amount of grind they require. You buy something, and have to earn your reputation back, and contributing your resources again. Skill augments are pretty much silly, because there's simply no space for them and they still don't honestly make those skills worth using. Void keys and a couple of weapon mods look interesting. That's pretty much it.

Make them provide quests filled with good written lore and it may save it from being forgotten after a month or two. (Looking at Dark Sectors > _ >)

2. There's a ton of more important issues for the devs to be busy with. I don't think it's that necessary right now. But in case it is... Well, let it be there, then. Not gonna hurt anyone after all.

3. Boltor prime doesn't need any nerfs. The only rational thing would be to raise the mastery requirement to rank 6. But that's all it may need. If needed, bring other weapons up to its level. Stop ruining good weapons already. Please.

4. Now, my overall impression over Ember after Accelerant implementation hasn't changed. As she's now - she's trash. Literally, skillwise, the worst warframe in the game right now. And for quite a long time already.

a) Fireball - needs to be AOE, with 100% burn and panic procs to make it a decent CC skill and to even justify its presense among the skills.

b) Accelerant - aside from damage buff, MUST provide 50% damage reduction (on max duration) and about 20% speed increase. Her abilities are close ranged, so it's a terrible idea to not have any survivability on such a cardboard piece of a frame.

c) Fire Blast - this one honestly needs to be scrapped for something else. Another, but a bit more massive CC skill should be enough to make her viable on high-lvl missions, especially void.

d) WOF - i think it's fine as it is right now. The only skill i ended up using, by the way (when i even used her back in the day)

5. So, about the (in)famous skill system change... I have 2 issues with it.

a) There's no reliable way of avoiding using the unwanted skills. ("useless skills", as i'm used to calling them). If it had a skill slot binding concept, for instance, it would be better for everyone. More info here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/326800-will-we-have-the-ability-to-disable-some-powers-in-u15/?view=findpost&p=3688235

You know, old system was able to provide customization for EVERYONE. You could equip whatever mods you wanted. The new system fails to do that, because you have all the skills on you (regardless if you want that or not) and you're very restricted missionwise and gameplaywise after polarizing your frame. It shouldn't become even more corridor-ish and CoD-ish, than it already is. This is just stupid.

b) There is no point in gaining your abilities back by leveling your frame after X'th forma. This restricts your variety of leveling tactics to literally leeching xp under the ladder, because you only have your 1st skill, that does nothing. And i'm talking about DEF and MDEF missions, but that obviously can be applied to any kind of mission. Which is boring and infuriating as hell. I mean, was it completely necessary, to artificially extend gameplay like this?

6. Again, that shouldn't be on the priority list right now. But if this is unbearably necessary, then let it be there. But not those sugary and rainbowy asian RPG emotes. Warframe is a dark and serious game after all (or pretends to be it), so the emotes need to be adequate.

Good thing it already has, right? Once you unlock the first level with a syndicate, you gain access to special alerts (lasting 24h) that reward you with bonus standing.

It doesn't have it's own, it has alerts labeled as such but there is no in-game difference. If you join Steel Meridian it would be really good to be sent to defend a colony that would otherwise get destroyed, to have the Grineer woman talk to you in the meantime instead of the Lotus. Doesn't necessarily has to be "New game mode" to be thrilling. If you join the Red Veil, what a about a mission specificly for stealth where no one may spot the Tenno, or the alarm cannot be sounding for more than 15 seconds or it's a mission failure, and it's an assassination.

There is a lot that can be done to make you feel you're actually getting yourself involved with the Syndicate and it's beliefs or what it stands for.

What should really be added as emotes are serious, cool, special ops hand commands/ninja stuff. I would love being able to stab two fingers forward, signaling to my fellow Tenno silently that we're heading in. Something like that would be a great addition and not break immersion.

While I agree that this would add a lot to the game, I think that Warframe is much to fast to ever bring use to those emotes. The only time I could see myself using them without fear that the rest of the team rushes halfway across the map in the meantime, is when I play with clannies. And we already have Teamspeak, so there isn't a real need for emotes ...

It doesn't have it's own, it has alerts labeled as such but there is no in-game difference. If you join Steel Meridian it would be really good to be sent to defend a colony that would otherwise get destroyed, to have the Grineer woman talk to you in the meantime instead of the Lotus.

Ah, okay. As I said in an earlier post, I'd like to see this, too, and I really do hope that DE will add this over the next few (minor) updates.

Personally, I don't mind the movement of abilities into an innate Warframe thing but I'm skeptical about multiple same-ability augments. How will you handle different ability augments? Will one overwrite the other? If one augment of a certain ability turns out to be more useful than the other augment/s of that same ability, how do you balance it out? A lot of questions about viability of each and every augment.

About Ember i wanna say:

It needs ONE SKILL FOR SELF SURVIVEABILITY, since Fire Blast and World on Fire are pretty much redundant get rid of the former and add a new skill that grants Ember some durability! 

(let it be an AoE disable/CC or a flat defense buff like the old Overheat, i dont mind, she needs it!)

And improve her ulti... add a 100% proc chance effect at least!

This game isn't based around being social and messing around, it's a fast phased combat game. If you waste your time adding emotes into this game, you will see people use them and giggle about it for 2 weeks, then no one is going to use them anymore.

I'm excited about emotes . . . but . . . I think Zareek is right . . . 

And no dance.

Syndicates : make them more involved in the game, we like what we're heading to. How? Cosmetics gained with reputation : the hood/cloak of the Steel meridians, the Red veil syandana, and so on...

More profile pics is always welcomed.

Boltor prime is good. Your sight should focus on those who are in the end of the top-tier list...Supra,Furax...All these weapons that are taking dust!

Ember is a damage frame.Problem : damage doesn't scale with level really well. Moar utility please.

Ability mechanics changes : nice, I got radial blind & Super jump back now,with no guilt!

Emotes : YES! Warframe needs life (like some farmers here), but emotes according to their universe(bow,crossing arms,every idle possible in a cool ninja way including those you showed in a previous devstream,with Excal shaking his head or pointing at things)...Dancing

Edit : it was written in HTML... O_o

Edited by unknow99

1. What's your overall opinion of the syndicates?

I vote "i like all of them", About the statement of syndicate is nice, hopefully have more playable content about them at future.

2. Would you use the symbol from your favorite syndicate as your profile picture?

Yes ! having more choice of icon, 

3. How would you rate the Boltor Prime, overall?

I vote "ok". Just because the boltor prime not my favorite weapon, It truly powerful, i think remain what it is now is good enough already. BTW, other prime weapon need a little buff to keep it same standard as boltor prime.

4. In your opinion, which Ember abilities need a revision the most? (can choose more than one)

I select all of it, because i think Ember need a rework than a single skill change. If no rework, but at least do something for fire blast, accelerant and world on fire.

5. Overall, how do you feel about the new ability mechanics?

I love them. But i out of one or two slot for better mod modification.

Topical to the Boltor Prime balance issue:

1) All / most weapons should be up-to-par with Boltor Prime (because it sucks to have weapons that feel redundant in the big picture)

2) Weapon rework : make weapons the defining characteristic and strength instead of mods

3) Better mods that "main" in more than just rifles and "secondary damage"

4) Do balancing on the mobs that create the "wall" so that we can potentially to survival or extract for as long as we like with a cap on enemies. At this point in time it just makes so much more sense than having one matched ruined in 10 mins or hitting the wall at 30 min... 

The issue touches the fundamental issues that currently exist with Warframes replayability. Guns like the Boltor is the only thing that makes me feel able to T4 reliably.

Consider this: The generic build for T4 *anything* is Rhino + Boltor

Because they are "over powered"? Or because they are better suited to the role?

Give us more options instead of laughable vanity weapons. Rhino is currently the only "survivalist" in the game. I'm sorry but Frost doesn't come any where near his Tankability and furthermore, no guns provide as much enjoyment with Warframe than those who make "the wall" somewhat fade such as the Boltor Prime does.

Another useful component would be to add in more reliable ways to add in energy regeneration so that players use their Warframes as much as their guns. Right now, there is no point in using an ability like 'SOUL PUNCH' when I could just shoot them for split chamber double 3,000. Warframes "options" feel like crap and your attempt at not defining any roles and instead giving weapons and mods this "free range" playstyle with *no defining stats besides damage* has caused the game to instead take the turn off at "The One Best Way" highway. So instead of allowing my Nova to have more late game viability with useful mods (that aren't just damage or energy or shields), you're promoting a system that instead chorales players into a limited range of options that are factually "the best choice". Make weapons more worth while. No one ever looks at the Skana for reasons beyond vanity.

A lot of guns, weapons and ABILITIES almost fall totally out of the game (besides Rhinos iron skin) once the game reaches the highest difficulties and instead players rely on utility based crowd control in combination with their weapons. Some players of which boast totally ridiculously weak unformaed trash that makes them worth very little as a team mate after the ball gets rolling. I'm hoping DE will confront this in a meaningful way with creative solutions. That game is as bland as munching on a bar of soap.

Edited by ePilgrim

Boltor prime:

Since it uses projectiles I think its already haves a good handicap.

Ember

Most of the community will bash on accelarant, i like it, if it gets a rework, just keep the stunt it gives.

New ability mechanics

There is allot of frames that still have abilities that arent worth, I would like to avoid or stop myself from accidentally use these.

Turning off the abilities I don't need and don't want to use would be good.

(in the same note, I'm hopping sentinels and kubrows also engage in this new mechanic style; manly for the pets ability mods to also get out of the drop tables, which was the main issue for the creation of this abilities mechanic)
Edited by 7grims

Regarding boltor prime:  I use it on ps4 religiously and would hate a nerf. While the gun is OP in most instances that's because peopl have modded it well and understood the system. It does however need a leveling. A nerf would be tragic for players who have modded to perfection so possibly make the parts harder to get, I mean all t4 difficulty, given the weapon when welldone is god for anything from mercury to t4 this would show that youhwd enough skill to make it anyway. Alternatively, buff the oter prime (frames included). Primes need to be much better than base weapons for insentive and the boltor prim coupled with newer primes are so much bette than old pimes and base versions, heck braton prime is only slightly better than regular boltor and old rimes frames like ember and frost have no considerable buffs like rhino, loki and nyx. For a lot of primes like braton, they should be so improved, the braton prime resembles the starting primary and is beautiful compared to other weapons, it's a shame it's not as high tier.

In conclusion, if nerfing boltor make it minor, definately consider making parts harder to get and buff the oher primes, I'd use braton more if it were boltor level.

Edited by willedmats

sorry if sound annoying but i find very funny how people talk about boltor prime fine at is it, i mean come on. too much damage too little downside (if there is any) some even say just need to buff every others weapons in the game, please the thing is boltor prime makes others looks so bad

sorry if sound annoying but i find very funny how people talk about boltor prime fine at is it, i mean come on. too much damage too little downside (if there is any) some even say just need to buff every others weapons in the game, please the thing is boltor prime makes others looks so bad

True, true, but other weapons can definately match it although wih worse handicaps. I think it's right to be stronger as it was one of the strongest rifles released in prime so scale is correct, it does humble alot of other primes though. If all other primes became easier to earn in comparison and were on the same level it'd make sense as newer primes seem to be better than old primes. What if soma became prime? It'd outmatch boltor prime with that buff rate and be the one and only god gun. 

Boltor Prime:

First of all, we really need a good weapon for high level missions like T4S or nightmare missions. And as others have pointed out, even boltor prime is not very effective as the enemy level scaling up.

Besides, I don't see why nerfing boltor prime will solve the issue. Players just switch to the next most efficient weapon. Then there will be noises of nerfing again until all weapons become as powerful as MK1-Strun. What I wish to see is that other than the fast pace kill-them-all gameplay style, DE will introduce more diverse gameplay styles where other weapon styles shine. Some concepts like stealth rescue is really nice(though still not very well implemented currently).

Ember:

The design of pure (fire) damage abilites is fault. It just doesnt scale up well in high level missions. Though I prefer a whole redesign of ember abilities, a quick fix to improve the chance to survive in high level is welcome.

Syndicates:

While I like the idea of the Syndicates lorewise I don't like the plain fact that the "Proxy Wars" which have been advertised as an "endgame" content for Veterans earlier this year ended up being another bunch of uncreative and uninspired grindwalls that got added in a last minute attempt to squeeze in some more "content" (if one is even able to call it like that) and that is pretty much relying on the same old grind mechanic without any purpose that tries to virtually prolong stuff with even more of the same boring-*ss gameplay without any purpose we have been doing already the past 2 years. Especially the unjustified grind without any reason being given, which in fact many of the Veterans are already sick of (including myself) and we were complaining about in general is what is bothering me the most about the latest additions.

And all that for a bunch of subpar rewards that are not even worth wasting your time with. All of them can be replaced by other mods we don't have any room for on the weapons anyways because we are limited to 8 slots. They don't give any real purpose and the sigils are just to show off your nerdom. Fine. I don't need to show anything off. I've done my time already. Time to show off is over.

Time to grind items for no reason is over. I want to be given purpose. I want to know why I should fight for them and not the perpetual "shut up, take the reward and continue fighting" which I've grown tired of ever since Gradivus Dilemma which has been one of the last events that had any real purpose beyond stupid items which will be outdated anyways eventually.

Syndicate Profile Pictures:

Nope. We are Tenno and not mobile billboards advertising a Syndicate that's not even Tenno related. So I don't even want to see that being an option.

It's already enough that people have to wear the damn sigils in game if they really want to take on the useless grind for the syndicate reputations.

Boltor Prime:

It is good... But not too good from a Veterans point of view. It does its job.

But from a beginners point of view the weapon is just overpowered and thereby should be locked away at a much higher Mastery Rank like the Soma but the Boltor Prime probably even further like MR 8. I've seen too many Rank 2-3s running around with that weapon already which is basically like handing out end-tier items to beginners. It is ridiculous. Nothing more can be said about it because the problem of high tier items in the hands of beginners has been covered often enough in various other threads.

Ember:

Oh well how do I start... I've been maining her for about a year now (before that I used Banshee as a main) and she suffers pretty much the same problems now that Banshee suffered last year when I stopped playing her. Ember just sucks at high level because none of her abilities really scales well and it just takes forever to kill something ontop of being near to defenseless.

• Fireball... well generic skill... I never use it at all. It is not too bad but like most first abilities of other frames I actually never find an occasion where I would want to cast it. If I really want to kill one single enemy I kill it with quick melee. I'm not wasting a bullet on them - not even speaking about warframe energy.

• Accelerant... actually next to WoF the only skill worth using, but only because World of Fire starts to suck at a certain enemy level. But Accelerant itself sucks too because of how the stun effects don't really prevent one from getting swarmed and being ganged up upon. The effect just doesn't last long enough to be viable.

• Fire Blast... that one is completely redundant when compared to World on Fire. I guess that one needs the most attention. Probably something that gives Ember some more durability would be nice because she really sucks at defense capabilities compared to Saryn for example, especially on high level missions.

• World on Fire... well... as I mentioned earlier... without Accelerant the skill becomes worthless soon and even when used together with Accelerant there's a limit on how far you can go before the enemies just laugh at the negligible damage you do to them. If it would at least have a 100% chance to proc fire on them it would be so much more reliable.

So all in all I guess ALL abilities need some more love and/or rework to work better with each other. It is at least not done with just one ability, that's for sure. That's not even a biased opinion... because I actually switch over to other frames when I'm about to do more serious missions just because Ember lacks in so many ways.

The new ability mechanics:

Was about time that the abilities got incorporated into the warframes freeing up some mod slots. Couldn't stand it anymore to watch people forma'ing the skillslots away because of how some of the skills are just not worth using.

Warframes having emotes:

Seriously? Nope. We are eyeless bastards without emotions. And I'm fine with remaining that attitude.

Gives the game a strange feeling like the one Gordon Freeman from Half Life has. He never speaks, never shows any emotions. It's up to the player to have emotions which immerses the player into the role. It's a philosophy and I'd like to see that remained because it adds to the experience.

Edited by MeduSalem