October 24Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 24th Community Hot Topics  

1,016 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll be honest Boltor Prime is a direct upgrade from it's previous form in all ways while other primes have been sidegrades or small buff with some debuffs.  with these two the only thing they kept the same was status while everything was doubled across the board as well as given a new polarity.

I'd say lower the Reload or fire rate and maybe damage or raise the mastery or a mix of both as it stands the gun does not help anyone unless they enjoy going to where we technically shouldn't go

(same with bows and Soma etc Balance everything!)

I'll be honest Boltor Prime is a direct upgrade from it's previous form in all ways while other primes have been sidegrades or small buff with some debuffs.  with these two the only thing they kept the same was status while everything was doubled across the board as well as given a new polarity.

I'd say lower the Reload or fire rate and maybe damage or raise the mastery or a mix of both as it stands the gun does not help anyone unless they enjoy going to where we technically shouldn't go

REALLY?? Are you seriously suggesting that DE nerf the only weapons in the game that can carry you past 25 minutes in a T4 survival? That's ridiculous!! They need to buff a couple of more weapons in line with these weapons so players have more of a selection to use when they reach a higher mastery level and these missions are really all we have left to do. If your complaint is that this weapon is too powerful for a beginning player then a simple change of required mastery rank is all that would be need to balance that out. It doesnt really make sense the dragon nakana requires master rank 8 but the boltor prime doesnt have a mastery rank requirement at all. But no, nerfing the only powerful weapons in the game is not the correct answer.

REALLY?? Are you seriously suggesting that DE nerf the only weapons in the game that can carry you past 25 minutes in a T4 survival? That's ridiculous!! They need to buff a couple of more weapons in line with these weapons so players have more of a selection to use when they reach a higher mastery level and these missions are really all we have left to do. If your complaint is that this weapon is too powerful for a beginning player then a simple change of required mastery rank is all that would be need to balance that out. It doesnt really make sense the dragon nakana requires master rank 8 but the boltor prime doesnt have a mastery rank requirement at all. But no, nerfing the only powerful weapons in the game is not the correct answer.

Sorry to disappoint you but Soma and Boltor Prime are not the only weapons that can carry you through 25 minutes of T4 Survival. For example I'm perfectly fine with my Grinlok which is not really puncture dependent :3

Just by stating "they are the only ones" proves that people are right when saying that those weapons are completely overrated.

Still I wouldn't call out for an all out nerf on them. Raising the required Mastery Rank beyond 8 or something would be completely fine. I would go even so far to say they should have locked ANY prime gear beyond MR 10 because of how they are the best items in the game and that there's not going to be any better iterations of those items.

It's like if other games would hand out your class specific legendary/set item on character level 10 or earlier when the max cap is level 60. Where's the point to continue playing after that?

Warframe at least doesn't really offer any reason to continue playing after you got the items. That's the cold truth since I own pretty much every single piece of sh*t item that got ever released with the exception of Nyx Prime, Scindo Prime/Hikou Prime as well as U15 stuff which I'm currently to "meh" about because I'm sick of the grind.

Edited by MeduSalem

As far as emotes are concerned, I want them.

However, let's keep it "cool" & Tenno-like. No wacky dances that just COMPLETELY throw the typical Warframe feel out the window, but something very noble & calm could suffice. If at all. 

Waves, bows, "move in" gestures, "attack", & things of that nature are all welcome. Even the kneel that we do in the Dojos. I would LOVE that one. 

Edited by Rexlars

Syndicates:

I'm enjoying the system but some things feel .... it's hard to describe but ... incomplete?

- I find it hard to determine what it is that steel meridian fights against, or why new loka uses infested. But I suspect those things to be fleshed out later.

One major point about the perrin sequence:

- The perrin sequence seems to be against instigating violence yet they send death squads. This seems wierd to me. I'd expect them to make me pay more for objects in the market or something similar (I expect brilliant and powerful merchants to have influence). Wich leads me to my next point, merchants should have more things to sell, can we buy things with credits off them in the future (and raise/lower the price depending on the reputation)? 

Emotes:

In my opinion emotes enrich the gameplay greatly. If this is done right, you'll allow players to communicate with each other without them needing to speak the same language. You also reduce the number of keys that need to be pressed, allowing for a faster pace. An example of a game where this is done right is dark souls. In there, you can use 1 button to open up a menu with a couple of "gestures " and select which one to use. This can be done fairly fast. Doing a few emotes in a specific order can create more complex messages. (for example: you point towards someone and then clap hands, Implying they did a good job).

A few suggestions (from the top of my head):

- Pointer emote - The tenno stretches out his/her arm and points towards either the direction he/she is facing or the position of the cursor. 

potential uses: directing teammates, pointing out someone in a group (for either blame or praise), 

- Praise emote. Can be accomplished by clapping hands.

potential uses: praising a teammate or a little tease before reviving a downed teammate. 

- A "no" emote. Can be accomplished by a headshake

potential uses: A quick way to show concern or potential problems

- Greeting emote - This can be accomplished by a wave of the hand or a bow.

- A "come here" emote.

I'd really not like to see the Boltor Prime nerfed, since that would severely hamper my solo T4 void runs, but I do think the gun shines too brightly.  I would love to see some other guns brought into its weight class.  My short list for that might include phage, soma, burston prime, vectis, etc, but just having a few options with similar TTKs but different play styles would be what I'd like to see.

Ideally, I would like to see several classes of weapon locked by mastery (or syndicate standing or any other mechanic that requires time to achieve) where the weapons of each class are capable of delivering the same TTK, dps, or whatever you want to judge it by.  Lack of options at the high end becomes boring.

Sorry to disappoint you but Soma and Boltor Prime are not the only weapons that can carry you through 25 minutes of T4 Survival. For example I'm perfectly fine with my Grinlok which is not really puncture dependent :3

Just by stating "they are the only ones" proves that people are right when saying that those weapons are completely overrated.

Still I wouldn't call out for an all out nerf on them. Raising the required Mastery Rank beyond 8 or something would be completely fine. I would go even so far to say they should have locked ANY prime gear beyond MR 10 because of how they are the best items in the game and that there's not going to be any better iterations of those items.

It's like if other games would hand out your class specific legendary/set item on character level 10 or earlier when the max cap is level 60. Where's the point to continue playing after that?

Warframe at least doesn't really offer any reason to continue playing after you got the items. That's the cold truth since I own pretty much every single piece of sh*t item that got ever released with the exception of Nyx Prime, Scindo Prime/Hikou Prime as well as U15 stuff which I'm currently to "meh" about because I'm sick of the grind.

I understand there are more weapons than the soma or boltor prime. I have over 700 hours in the game. I didnt want to name every single one. My point is the options do become limited at a certain point and there should be more availability of high powered weapons to higher leveled players. And for all the people that are "sick of the grind"....smh...that's the whole point of games like these. Putting in work to achieve a goal. Whether it be farming for parts, resources, or trying to gain experience. Whats the point if you get exactly what you are looking for the very first try? There is no excitement or sense of acomplishment. With over 700 hours you will still see a fist pump when i get a scindo blade on a T3MD. Thats the point of grind.

I understand there are more weapons than the soma or boltor prime. I have over 700 hours in the game. I didnt want to name every single one. My point is the options do become limited at a certain point and there should be more availability of high powered weapons to higher leveled players. And for all the people that are "sick of the grind"....smh...that's the whole point of games like these. Putting in work to achieve a goal. Whether it be farming for parts, resources, or trying to gain experience. Whats the point if you get exactly what you are looking for the very first try? There is no excitement or sense of acomplishment. With over 700 hours you will still see a fist pump when i get a scindo blade on a T3MD. Thats the point of grind.

True to some point... but I stopped feeling accomplished somewhere about 800 hours. At that point I started to realize that I've got nearly everything but there's nothing where I can use that stuff on other than to do the same thing I've been already doing all along.

So the greed for items will hold you over as long as you don't have them - that is if you don't get burned out with the grind/rng before that already. But after that Warframe falls short because there's no golden pot at the end of that rainbow once you made it through the storm. ^^

It's a problem many greed/item based games suffer from... but Warframe especially because there it is "relative" easy to get to the end of the masochism that is item greed because of how items have fixed stats. Games that have random item stats never truly have an end but that will lead to people leaving the game because they realize how there's no end and no way to take a shortcut.

Edited by MeduSalem

Balance everything - IE give everything the same stats. this will be a really fun game then.

most of the prime weapons have been a straight upgrade of the normal version. Braton, busrton, glaive, paris, latron all direct upgrades.

I can understand if it gets nerfed but then people will just go back to the soma. there is always going to be a mathematically highest DPS weapon unless they make the stats for guns so similar it doesnt even matter.

as for going where we 'shouldn't;. yeah fine some people do, but a lot of others only take them when needed to top end missions where they are needed, and bringing it just means it takes us a little less time to get through the waves than we would otherwise, most of the actual damage on truely high end missions comes from abilites and mechanics rather than the DPS of a weapon. Having high DPS weapons simply help speed things along.

True to some point... but I stopped feeling accomplished somewhere about 800 hours. At that point I started to realize that I've got nearly everything but there's nothing where I can use that stuff on other than to do the same thing I've been already doing all along.

So the greed for items will hold you over as long as you don't have them - that is if you don't get burned out with the grind/rng before that already. But after that Warframe falls short because there's no golden pot at the end of that rainbow once you made it through the storm. ^^

It's a problem many greed/item based games suffer from... but Warframe especially because there it is "relative" easy to get to the end of the masochism that is item greed because of how items have fixed stats. Games that have random item stats never truly have an end but that will lead to people leaving the game because they realize how there's no end and no way to take a shortcut.

so you want a place to use your end game loot besides where you get end game loot? what would you get in this after-end game mission? a more epic reward? That is what we call power creep and it is bad.

Im only new (Rank 4)

Had a hard time picking a syndicate - all seem pretty similar to me. Nearly tossed a coin to select. In the end 2 groups were unpickable due to initiation cost (resources) were way to high a level for me. Didn't select lower end resource initiation either. Still battling to get to 5000 rep with them but doubt I'll have the resources to buy next level. So we will see when I get there. Hoping it gets better, or am I going to be taken out by the hit squad. lol.

Edited by vasc129

so you want a place to use your end game loot besides where you get end game loot? what would you get in this after-end game mission? a more epic reward? That is what we call power creep and it is bad.

Nope. I don't want any more items. The greed for items doesn't last long. The items eventually lose value because of newer ones that supersede them.

I want actually stuff that gives people reason to fight beyond their own greedy intentions. Like back with Gradivus Dilemma when there were 3 types of players... the ones that were only going for items and where satisfied with that, the ones who supported the Corpus and the ones who supported the Grineer because of that changed the outcome of the entire war and balancing back then.

I miss something like that, a further goal the Tenno are pursuing beyond their own greed. Something to do beyond grinding items so you can grind some more items. As it stands now there's no such thing as something to do beyond the own benefits. ^^