Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spread Of Syndicate Weapon Mod Options Is Underwhelming

(PSN)Zeylon

I'm not sure if this seems like a nitpick or a small thing, but when I heard about Syndicate weapon mods, I was excited about the "possibilities".  I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but the weapon options mod-wise are pretty limited.  This is what I've been able to glean so far:

Perrin Sequence: Acrid, Grinlok, Spectra
Suda: Bolto, Kestrel, Supra
Steel Meridian: Hek, Dual Cleavers, Sobek
Hexis: Burston Prime, Jaw Sword, Viper
Red Veil: Mire, Embolist, Dark Dagger
New Loka: Vulkar, Furis, Skana

Three weapons per syndicate, and it's a pretty limited bunch.  I feel particularly bad for the Steel Meridian being stuck with two shotguns and Dual Cleavers.  I'm not sure what exactly the thinking was (for example, there's one prime weapon randomly in there... just the one), but it seems random... and very limited.  

I'm not saying there's nothing there I might want to use, but it's lacking in variety for sure.  Is it just me that's disappointed?  It's 18 weapons out of how many that are in Warframe?  

I'm not sure if this seems like a nitpick or a small thing, but when I heard about Syndicate weapon mods, I was excited about the "possibilities".  I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but the weapon options mod-wise are pretty limited.  This is what I've been able to glean so far:

Three weapons per syndicate, and it's a pretty limited bunch.  I feel particularly bad for the Steel Meridian being stuck with two shotguns and Dual Cleavers.  I'm not sure what exactly the thinking was (for example, there's one prime weapon randomly in there... just the one), but it seems random... and very limited.  

I'm not saying there's nothing there I might want to use, but it's lacking in variety for sure.  Is it just me that's disappointed?  It's 18 weapons out of how many that are in Warframe?  

Damn I'll have to balance New Loka and Meridian.....I really want that Hek mod....

I have none of those weapons so I'd say I'm kinda disappointed as well. Hopefully the number of weapon mods available will continue to expand in the future to include weapons I actually own.

Does anyone know if the Furis mod works with the Dex Furis? I don't want to grind for it if it won't work...

I have none of those weapons so I'd say I'm kinda disappointed as well. Hopefully the number of weapon mods available will continue to expand in the future to include weapons I actually own.

Does anyone know if the Furis mod works with the Dex Furis? I don't want to grind for it if it won't work...

I don't think it's even known if it would work with "AFuris", much less the Dex.  The fact that Burston Prime is mentioned (as opposed to Burston) makes me think it's specific to a singular variant, and it probably only works on a single Furis.

That is:

Furis = ok

AFuris, Mk-1 Furis, Dex Furis = not ok

that's speculation on my part though.  It's something like four ranks in to even get this limited selection of mods... so... yeah? 

Though if the hope is that they introduce more mods later, that presents it's own dilemma to people that were hoping to max a syndicate, get the rewards, then leave.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but right now the rewards seem pretty marginal and uninteresting considering the time investment.

What about the fact that most of these weapon mods are for weapons that are really average to bad....is this suppose to be an incentive to use these weapons?

The weapon mods give boosts to faction standings too I believe.  Part of me thinks that they used crappy weapons to make it a little harder to grind faction out when using the weapon.  Or something.  That explanation only kinda works because "some" of the weapons picked are actually fine.  It's just an odd mix.  I think it's odd that none of the secondaries are dual weapons.

Warframe has many many weapons.  I think I was just disappointed with the selection.  This small set and the relative "meh" I had about the various ability-mods makes me feel like "why bother?" with respect to any of the syndicates.  None of them are offering mods for either weapons I use or abilities changes I find interesting on the frames.

All of these mods are behind later ranks in what is a pretty long grind too.  In most games, faction grinding can result in very unique/desirable items.  I'm not sure if I'd want to grind for these even if I could get them on the very first rank.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

What about the fact that most of these weapon mods are for weapons that are really average to bad....is this suppose to be an incentive to use these weapons?

That and some of the mods themselves are just plain idiotic. I was really excited for this feature and man did they burst my bubble. Here's a few that are really bad.

Burston prime 80% increase to fire rate? It's a burst fire weapon. With shred it fires faster then you'll ever need and can punch through.

Supra 20% increase to status chance? That is a feakin joke compared to event mods that give 60% + an elemental damage.

Bolto 0.2 chance at exploding bolts? What the actual @#$% are they smokin there.

Just to name a few.... and then the hek gets 500% multishot. This has to be a bug or typo. I understand they don't want to make weapons OP, but why does this 1 shotgun get a mod that should boost its damage out put into godlike status. While all the other mods seem like a joke. Make the other mods better and worth our time.

Fix this DE and no more making mods at 3:00am. Think about it a bit first and give us weapon mods we actual would use instead of mods that are infinating better. Also it would have been nice to see more thought put into some of the elemental frames augment mods other then frost adds ice, ember adds fire, ect, ect.

Edited by OcelotVampire

The worst of it I think is that the mods dont seem to modify the weapons in meaningful ways, none of these obscure weapons mechanics change its just stats that are already available to you.

Well, poor selection of weapons and lackluster use are both salient problems.

Meh, I imagine they'll be more mods and rewards to come as the game progresses. Let's just hope we don't have to wait too long for reward expansions.

I would think so (or hope so).  The problem is, it's a grind.  And if the initial rewards are crap (and you have no way of knowing what future ones might be or when they could come... or if there's even any theme with respect to weapon selection) it makes picking a syndicate now a pretty large gamble.

Meh, I imagine they'll be more mods and rewards to come as the game progresses. Let's just hope we don't have to wait too long for reward expansions.

Probably, but I absolutely seriously could not accept what is currently there not being revamped soon. A stride was taken against the issue of mod clutter and now the newest set of mods are not too different from the last set of mods and worse yet they require a level of commitment to get.

I don't think that the weapon rewards for Syndacates are worth the effort you have to put in to get them.

Edited by Neocyberman

I would think so (or hope so).  The problem is, it's a grind.  And if the initial rewards are crap (and you have no way of knowing what future ones might be or when they could come... or if there's even any theme with respect to weapon selection) it makes picking a syndicate now a pretty large gamble.

You can rank up 4 out of 6 syndicates at the same time giving you an over all 2/3 chance of picking the one you would want any way even though you have know way of knowing who will get what. Like you said the grind is a problem so there is no reason to wait, fortune favors the bold in this case. Good luck.

Edited by Selpar