Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns About Ability Augment Mods

AlienOvermind

I still haven't got any of these mods, but descriptions from patchnotes looks disturbing.

First is the pack of similar augments:

Ember: Fireball: Fireball Frenzy: Casting Fireball on allies will add fire damage to their attacks for x seconds.

Frost: Freeze: Freeze Force: Casting Freeze on allies will add cold damage to their attacks for x seconds.

Oberon: Smite: Smite Infusion: Casting Smite on allies will add x Radiation damage to their attacks for y seconds.

Saryn: Venom: Venom Dose: Casting Venom on allies will add Toxin damage to their attacks for x seconds.

Volt: Shock: Shock Trooper: Casting Shock on allies will add x Electricity damage to their attacks for y seconds.

Ok, semi-useless Ember can now buff Rhinos, Lokis and Mirages? Welp... Why cannot caster get the same buff? Altruism is fine, but seriously. It just feels wrong. I wish it was like this:

"Casting 1st ability on allies will add x Element damage to ally's and caster's attacks for y seconds."

So, next weird thing.

Loki: Switch Teleport: Safeguard Switch: After teleporting with an ally Loki will be invulnerable for x seconds.

Well, maybe some people enjoy being suddenly teleported Lotus-know-where. I certainly do not. I hate it when wild Loki cast Teleport on me. And I'm wainting for the dark times. Now Switch Teleport will be used for invulrnerability and everyone's going to be teleported and teleported and teleported. And one more thing: do you really think that Loki need a buff? As a possible way to fix this augment, the effect of the augment may be appied to Loki's target too. But honestly I do not like an idea of introducing more ways to be immortal. I think it should be chaged to something completely other.

Maybe an ability to cast Decoy on enemy to make other mobs attack him?

And there's another frame that does not need a buff:

Mirage: Hall of Mirrors: Hall of Malevolence: The damage of your doppelgängers is increased by %, every time you kill an enemy.

Hall of Mirrors is already one of the most powerful abilities, that gives huge DPS boost and even better boost in ability to proc statuses. So, why the heck this skill got a buff? I mean Mirage has interesting Sleight of Hand, that could use some Augment, but the Hall of Mirrors? Mirage already walks on a thin ice of being almost OP. This augment sounds like an overkill.

So, what to you think about Ability Augments? Don't you fear, that these mods may even worsen the situation with warframe balance?

Edited by AlienOvermind

Not sure about Loki's 'buff', but the mod description puts the invincibility on the teleport target, and not Loki himself.

Tagging a Decoy on a target sounds like a great idea, but would need some intelligence to prevent team-mate trolling.

Ember's damage buff is the only one that makes sense, since she can buff the buff using Accelerant, overall making a big difference.

Edited by Kthal

Ok, semi-useless Ember can now buff Rhinos, Lokis and Mirages? Welp... Why cannot caster get the same buff? Altruism is fine, but seriously. It just feels wrong. I wish it was like this:

"Casting 1st ability on allies will add x Element damage to ally's and caster's attacks for y seconds."

It's probably not like that because all of the frames involved in that augment already deal the elemental damage listed.

It's probably not like that because all of the frames involved in that augment already deal the elemental damage listed.

But DPS cannot be too high. They already do some amount of damage, but that doesn't mean that doing a bit more is bad.

Not sure about Loki's 'buff', but the mod description puts the invincibility on the teleport target, and not Loki himself.

I guess Loki Augment needs some clarification then. If it puts invicibility on a target, it's not bad. Not really useful for the caster, but at least lessen the negative effect of being teleported by Loki.

Edited by AlienOvermind

Not to mention the Pointless bolts augment. You know devs, giving something that isn't all that great or useful to an otherwise worthless ability isn't really fair or you know.. not $&*^move-ish. Especially when Nyx's other abilities can already do better without any augment... Just saying dear devs, food for thought.

Not to mention the Pointless bolts augment. You know devs, giving something that isn't all that great or useful to an otherwise worthless ability isn't really fair or you know.. not $&*^move-ish. Especially when Nyx's other abilities can already do better without any augment... Just saying dear devs, food for thought.

Yeah, Bolts would be useless even with an augment. But at least this augment doesnt seem to be unfair, like the ones I picked. So yeah, useless augment are a sad thing, not as dusturbing as Mirage buffs or weird treating of elemental frames.

Edited by AlienOvermind

It have been proven time and time again DE don't really care about balance.  That really is the truth.  They need ideas for augments, so they just pumped out a bunch and call it a day.  Yes I'm speaking out of ignorance, but I've yet been convinced otherwise. They care more about actual gameplay content than balance.  New content has to take priority over balance.  I don't know how many designers they have working on mods, weapons, warframe designs, but it feels like Scott is the only one doing all the work.  I can't imagine he has the time to think through everything he adds to the game.

Edited by Casval_Rouge