Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Bug

Educated_Beast

So I started doing new quest nodes on Mercury while waiting for Archwing to come active.  I am MR17 with all weapons (and prior U15) all nodes completed. 

Now my mastery rank decreases with each quest.  In the box that states xp to next level:  it was 69748 (before patch), 51206 (after patch), 65538 (after archwing quest), 70268 (after extractor quest finding all 3 parts), 737344 (after first new mercury node), and 72656 (second node). 

I'm kind of afraid to play thinking I'll never get affinity back (like when achievement points were reset on cyphers and never returned).

Please fix this issue, I'd like to make MR18!

Having the same problem, I don't know how much exactly I had before I noticed this but it was at least 89k something and I had enough to rank up, after a few missions I now have 54k mastery and I cant even rank up anymore. I've sent a support ticket and hopefully it gets resolved.
Also another problem it first showed as mastery needed for next rank 0 but there was no rank up button.

Edited by EastNewSound

Could you please provide screenshots so we can verify on our end? Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots showing my xp before I noticed the issue, so I'm not sure if providing any screenshots now would be helpfull, I've also decided to not play until this has been fixed since it seems I'm just getting less mastery for every mission I'm doing.

I'm having a rather different issue on my end. My UI shows me as mastery rank 5, yet When I go into my profile is says I need zero XP to proceed to the next rank. My main problem is that the mastery bar is about 4/5 of the way full, so I can't exactly click it to start a mastery test or anything. I'll post screenshots ASAP of what I mean. 

mj0u8gj.jpg

8xQdLmF.jpg

Edited by ModelWx

I did not take screenshots, but my numbers below are correct.  I read these numbers from the "Show Profile".  At first, I was only watching the Need for next rank value.  I was only weatching this because there was new nodes and wanted to see how much it decreased.  Once I noticed something strange, then I recorded both values.  This info is the same as a screenshot which would take much longer to post. 

Total:  ?            Needed:  69748

Total:  ?            Needed:  51206

Total:  ?            Needed:  65538

Total:  ?            Needed:  70268

Total:  737344  Needed:  72656

I continued to complete the Mercury quests (numbers continued from above for science):

Total:  737344  Needed:  72656

Total:  737958  Needed:  70462

Total:  750009  Needed:  59991

Total:  739658  Needed:  70342

Total:  737840  Needed:  72160

So in summary, I completed all teh nodes, and my total affinity went up!  I hope this can be fixed. 

yeah i was at 30,000 something left to rank up earlier today and i thought that that was off, and now it went to exactly 55,000 left to rank up... something is off because i thought i had at least 60,000 to rank up or around that or something but i don't really remember to be honest since i didn't play before the update for a few days so i forget where i was

I'm having a rather different issue on my end. My UI shows me as mastery rank 5, yet When I go into my profile is says I need zero XP to proceed to the next rank. My main problem is that the mastery bar is about 4/5 of the way full, so I can't exactly click it to start a mastery test or anything. I'll post screenshots ASAP of what I mean. 

This is what I was having, until I did a few missions and lost my mastery so I it tells me I need 5k mastery to rank up.

I'm at mastery rank 9 with zero affinity to go until 10, but the option to take the mastery test is not appearing. At first I figured that maybe I ended up at 0 by coincidence and had to run one more mission, but my "to go" xp remained the same (that is, at 0), and the option to take the mastery test did not appear. Can anyone suggest what to do?

mj0u8gj.jpg

8xQdLmF.jpg

Same exact thing for me now too. It says 0 but my blue bar is 3/4 of the way full. 

A few threads on this issue have popped up in the UI Bugs section too.

I took some screenshots to compare the blue bar after each mission, and it filled slightly after a mission if the Profile UI was claiming I'd gained Mastery, but would not change in size at all if it claimed I'd lost Mastery.

I only compared four missions, so I'm not sure if that behaviour's consistent or if the bar's length resets upon login or anything. I'm rank 3, and it doesn't appear to have increased much if at all even though I've been playing all day.

I imagine it's probably a fairly high-priority bug though, seeing as we newer players can't buy their shiny XP-gated lazer deth gum launchers if we can't rank up.

Edit! Cancel all that.

After reading about Mastery on the wiki, the blue bar actually does appear to be working, so it's probably just a Profile UI issue. I ranked up really fast until rank 3, then settled into a set of max-level gear, started replaying missions, and assumed the lack of Mastery progress was due to the patch, which hit at the same time. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Uncertain-

So to join all this mastery rank problem, i think i got a major issue here since u15.

First my blue bar litterally disapeared, it's grey now (looks like i'm the only one with this lol).

1414290791-blue-bar-disapear.png

Then my mastery was showing 193.000 mastery yesterday with "next rank in 0" and no blue bar or Test alert from lotus and now it shows me 61.000 (what i had before u15 is up...) like everything i've done literally disapeared for no reasons:

1414291277-mastery-rank-bugged.png

And i played a lot since u15 is up, i shoulda get a level atleast but my blue bar is totally bugged imho.

I'll update it with more screenshot tomorrow but i really hope you find a fix for this, i feel like i've played for nothing the last 2 days.

Edited by yokosoo