Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Loading Times,

GaDemICE

Heyz.

Been playing the game for more than a year without anyl issues until some hotfix of update 14, Launcher was not updating, and when i transferred the game folder from my other pc where it updated normally, the graphics card was crashing every time i was in a mission for about a minute.  I did a pc format cuz none of the internet solutions worked, and i was able to play again,

Now after update 15, the loadings of the game have become a torture.

After i start the game from launcher, i am in black screen for about 2 minutes. 

After the black screen, the loading bar does not start to progress at all for another 2 minutes, then it suddenly becomes full with the normal speed i had until before the update.

When i select a mission, the loading bar experienced the exact same, but now its gotten worse and i sometimes need 5+ minutes to enter a game.  As always, when the loading bar wakes up, it loads pretty fast, like it was doing before U15.  

Note that also the interactive picture during loading, while it was running fluently before the update, now it is too much laggy. And when i say laggy i mean, it is like stationary, and moves some pixes every 3-5 seconds, like a slow slide show.  This graphical strain might be the cause of the slow loading. And i have lowered everything to the minimum quality.

I dont understand what exactly did u change to cause this... all i know is that it didnt happen to many other people...

Edited by GaDemICE

Really guys, you ruined this awersome game for us. 

I want personaly U14 back. 

Cause i have what told that person upper me plus i can't play with nobody, i just got a error all the times. 

Fix it damn. 

Ah, and yeah. Tooday i finnaly reach lv3, but when i tryed to do the promption test i didn't even recive a error message. I just got teletrasported back to the ship after 4 mins of loading. And now i have a coldown on it. 

This is no sense, before this update i never got a problem with this game. Allways on ultra, allways with like 20s to start a game. Now what is this ?

Edited by Savonarolla46

I'd suggest re-posting this, or asking it to be moved, over to support or help.  Sounds like a driver or hardware issue your ends, especially if a format helped one of you, confirming it was more then likely a driver/software issue.  If it's connecting to other players lag, I'd edit your max ping allowed to be lower.  I personally set mine to a max of 150 ping, since I easily can get 90-100 ping from east to west coast without issues, and going higher has put me on weird hosts with poor connections.

I'd suggest re-posting this, or asking it to be moved, over to support or help.  Sounds like a driver or hardware issue your ends, especially if a format helped one of you, confirming it was more then likely a driver/software issue.  If it's connecting to other players lag, I'd edit your max ping allowed to be lower.  I personally set mine to a max of 150 ping, since I easily can get 90-100 ping from east to west coast without issues, and going higher has put me on weird hosts with poor connections.

Nope I have something very similar (already started topic in feedback)

On starting the game after only ever waiting a couple of seconds it's now 20-30 seconds of a black screen and no or very muted sound, same if I Alt-Tab in or out.  Once the game is running it's business as usual and entering a mission is the same as normal.

Exiting the game is the same black screen.

Both on U15 and U15.0.1 ,I have already tried Optimising the game cache in the launcher too.  It was fine before the update.

Edited by Sabreracer

YES. My load times are so far behind everyone else right now - I did an ODD where we all went in together, and by the time I loaded in they were at wave 6. This wasn't an issue at all during U13, and was slightly noticeable (but not terrible) during U14.

The game loading screen also blacks out for me for the first 2-3 minutes, and alt-tabbing will sometimes cause the screen to go white and hang.

(To clarify, my game is only slow while loading in. In game I have 15-20FPS, whereas in the loading screen it often drops below 1.)

Edited by Spacetimer

YES. My load times are so far behind everyone else right now - I did an ODD where we all went in together, and by the time I loaded in they were at wave 6. This wasn't an issue at all during U13, and was slightly noticeable (but not terrible) during U14.

The game loading screen also blacks out for me for the first 2-3 minutes, and alt-tabbing will sometimes cause the screen to go white and hang.

(To clarify, my game is only slow while loading in. In game I have 15-20FPS, whereas in the loading screen it often drops below 1.)

Problem popped up in U12.5 for me or sometimes around there, but the loading SOMETIMES increased to 30 seconds or so (used to be around 10 or even less), never to 2 minutes, but now it's HORRIBLE, and I have 60 FPS in game with everything maxed out, so I can't really blame my PC.

Is this happening while playing solo and online? Or is it just when playing online?

it happens at every loading. even at clan dojo.

when playing in public there is the bonus feature of having a 80% chance to have a host migration + cancel game before u even finish loading

Wow, you are experiencing all the loading lags that I've already gotten accustomed to because of my slower computer. Sure, the lag is worse for me, due to having a weaker machine, but it doesn't even bother me anymore. I just grab my cell phone or do something else until the game finishes loading.

Wow, you are experiencing all the loading lags that I've already gotten accustomed to because of my slower computer. Sure, the lag is worse for me, due to having a weaker machine, but it doesn't even bother me anymore. I just grab my cell phone or do something else until the game finishes loading.

Did you contact support? Because this is not something that's affecting everyone, so maybe you'll need their help to find out what's causing the problem. Some time ago they made some changes to how the game loads content. Maybe this change is responsible for the long loading times you've been experiencing.

It think it's worth a try, but with update 15 you might need to wait for several days until they finally get to your ticket.

I seem to have this issue also; the game hangs on every loading screen. Right now, this means I can barely play any missions online at all; the connection is almost always lost by the time the game becomes responsive again, and I'm returned to the lobby. ...after another loading screen, which also hangs.

I have tried unparking my cores, and optimising the game cache. Optimising the game cache does seem to reduce the hang, but does not remove it entirely. It's still enough to cause major, catastrophic issues for online play, and loading times in general. At the moment the game is borderline unplayable for me.

Edited by Vetch

Guys, I have exactly same problem as the one of poster, now every time I want to start/join a game it take ages, many times when my game finish loading, the mission was finished already. Also, this problem started last few hotfixs of patch 14

Edited by BluePistonDoor