Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Controller On Pc - Powers Activation Button

AandOE

Playing on PC, using an Xbox controller, I noticed a change to the button mappings. In changing the mappings back to the old style, with the powers activation on the left bumper, I noticed that the UI would not let me select the 'Power Activation' custom mapping button. It gives me the default 'not selectable' sound, which seems like either a bug or an oversight. For now, I have to stop holding the controller with my left hand to reach way over to my keyboard, which usually means my healing timing now kills the entire squad, or just myself during solo runs. (Trinity runner, here~)

Please re-enable the custom mapping to allow for the Powers Activation to be reset to the upper left bumper! ^_^

Left Bumper is stuck on crouch, I believe crouch on keyboard has the same thing according to another thread (lost the link sorry). For me it's really annoying because it's my sprint button >.<

edit: this is with archwing, sorry for not saying that in the first place. I don't know what the normal game does though, I didn't notice anything weird there (yet).

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

This, pretty much. Except in my case, not even the default setup works. It seems to have "roll" and "activate power" both set to the same thing somehow, and the roll takes constant priority. So not even with the stock setup does it work.

I mean, I *can* reach down and hit the keys, but by then I'm probably already dead anyway. My head doesn't comprehend keyboard.

@Harken: Welcome, young Tenno! ^_^

I can't use a mouse in my right hand, as there's nothing in mid-air to support it, which means having to use said xbox controller. For now, I'll stick to Mercury and/or alert missions where I'm at least able to run without a need to use powers all of the time. This means skipping the new content entirely for now.

Edited by AandOE

I had this issue. You can temporarily fix the unnassign by selecting reset to default which will at least give you access to your powers, but it's still rather annoying that we can't assign the power activation to a button we're more comfortable with. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

I know they remapped default with 15.0, so when I reset all my bindings for that, it worked fine. With 15.0.1, however, I can't change anything about my power use. Additionally, I don't see a point to forcing us to have separate maps for quick and normal melees. It eats button space, which is already slim.

15.0.2 doesn't seem to have addressed this issue either.

The best way I have figured out how to do this, is put the controls back to default, right now it has to be set as default which puts it as RIGHT BUMBER ONLY. Yes it needs to be fixed to be put on any button we want. But at least this is a temporary fix until the DE's get it fixed.

I will add my voice to the fire: I hold my controller so that my middle fingers pull triggers, my index fingers hold shoulder buttons, and my thumbs hit the control sticks. My right thumb can slide forward to jump and back to the stick so that I can jump and control direction, and my right index can slide back to "Y", but to slide all the way back to "B" to melee is nigh impossible. I find myself letting go of the right thumbstick and losing directionality on my melee attacks - particularly when jumping with the new directed "air melee" attacks.

Allowing me to remap my buttons back to a way that I like them (and fits with their use frequency) seems like an easy fix, as the "powers locked to RB" is not something I am getting used to anytime soon. Even having the power wheel locked back on LB (where it was, pre-update 15) would leave it in a more accessible location - and not require me to re-learn the responses this game has already trained into me. I am embarrassed to admit that Excalibur's "slash dash" keeps throwing me off of cliffs, as I activate the power when I merely intended to use melee attacks. 

UI matters! You did a great job with the original settings, and I applaud the developers for trying new things, but players always love customization! Offer us your default settings and we will play with them, but we will be even more thrilled if we get to set them ourselves! This is one of the reasons I chose to play this game on PC rather than on console. Speaking of consoles, I recommend that you do not transition this sudden change in button-mapping to the console crowd. If they have spent the past month learning the pre-15 method of control and find it suddenly changed, I worry they will drop an otherwise excellent game. 

I'd like to thank the devs for fixing this in the latest hotfix. Thanks! You guys do good work - and fast. I know that this was a small bug, but it is appreciated that you managed to address it as rapidly as you did when faced with other challenges. 

There still needs to be a couple things fixed with controller customization. Specifically the left bumper has an overlapping issue when you play on archwing stages. Whether or not you remap the button, left bumper is set to vertical descent in those stages, and if you use an other action for that button, that action is not accessible unless you go in and change it every time you want to run an archwing stage.