Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perhaps We Should Start Toning Back The "reliance" On Argon Crystals?

Sasquatchias

Now normally this is something I would not try to complain about (especially with how much easier nowadays it is to get Argon Crystals) but I feel that as more weapons and such are added into the game, the more and more they continue to use Argon Crystals, which I do not find a particularly good thing.

One of the reasons I feel this is not a good thing is because of the Decaying of Argon Crystals, which means you must either have an excessive amount of them, or be constantly farming for them in case the new fancy weapon or toy requires it. 

The second reason is that I feel a fair amount of the new things coming out don't really strike me as something that would require Argon Crystals "lore-wise". One example of this would be the new Limbo Theorem quest takes not only 2 Neural Sensors to complete (but getting those are a joke since you can just pop in and dominate Alad) but it also takes 2 Argon Crystals, which I feel is a bit odd and a little out of place actually.

Now this doesn't mean I want to see Argon Crystals go the way of Oxium (never used for anything ever again), but I would still like to see the use and slight "reliance" on them toned down a bit.

Same, its a decaying resource we have no manner of preserving. But it gets used for more and more things. I really like seeing out materials going towards something as it is easy to have an overabundance of them sometimes. But with argon no matter how much you collect and how much effort you put towards them, if you don't use them then and there they fade away, your effort wasted and you have to grind again.

Oxium has its own bag of issues in that recent recipes have been cranking up the need for it into the triple digits. For a resource that drops in bundles of 1 and 2...

Now normally this is something I would not try to complain about (especially with how much easier nowadays it is to get Argon Crystals)

Easier? Where are you going that makes Argon crystals easier to drop?

I've yet to get one in any void missions for the past 4 weeks. Last time I got one was from Phorid, and they "fixed" it to where he doesn't drop them anymore.

Easier? Where are you going that makes Argon crystals easier to drop?

I've yet to get one in any void missions for the past 4 weeks. Last time I got one was from Phorid, and they "fixed" it to where he doesn't drop them anymore.

I mostly was playing T3+ of Defense/Survival, and was usually getting around 2 or 3 Argon Crystals per run. Sadly since the update I don't think I've been quite as lucky with my farming.