The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extremely Low Fps With Update 15

Cosmic_Gateway

Now I know it's a new update and a big one at that, but I was running warframe just fine in update 14.10 and lower. Now with the update I have been waiting for anxiously is out an I can't even play it with it freeze framing every three secs. I have the right setup to run warframe. I was wondering if anyone was having the same problems? If so please reply. Note this does not happen in specific locations it's everywhere.

I have fps problems since the update too.I play with Vsync turned on and before the update I would get a constant 60 fps maybe 50 when allot of abilities are being spammed in infested defence.Now my fps drops to 30 in big fights and theres some pretty annoying stuttering in some maps.

Now I know it's a new update and a big one at that, but I was running warframe just fine in update 14.10 and lower. Now with the update I have been waiting for anxiously is out an I can't even play it with it freeze framing every three secs. I have the right setup to run warframe. I was wondering if anyone was having the same problems? If so please reply. Note this does not happen in specific locations it's everywhere.

I get this too, especially on Archwing missions and during the loading screen. I usually get 60FPS with VSync on, more with it off (but it runs up memory and makes my computer much hotter). But I'm seeing FPS as low as 9FPS during some gameplay, like 4FPS during the loading screen.

Yeah I've been having problems off and on also. 

Every so often it will freeze my computer up, I get runtime errors sometimes, and of course I have seen many enemies stuck in asteroids.

Also for another one I've had it where the exterminate for archwing would say I'm "Leaving the battlefield" and kicks me out of game. Would help if there was a hud that pointed you in the direction you need to go. (Then again I'm standing still and it kicks me)

I have fps problems since the update too.I play with Vsync turned on and before the update I would get a constant 60 fps maybe 50 when allot of abilities are being spammed in infested defence.Now my fps drops to 30 in big fights and theres some pretty annoying stuttering in some maps.

Yes I can confirm this one too. Turning the VSync option OFF will help a lot. With Vsync on Auto like before the U15 the FPS will drop MASSIVELY in lots of areas in void and when bodies are decimating (mainly some infested units with lots of particles flying around).

Please DE fix these issues as I would love to have my smooth 60 FPS with the Vsync on. With Vsync off the game just feels wonky to play.

I am another victim of this seemingly.

Not long upgraded my PC in fact so seeing these FPS drops is quite maddening.

For me it is the particle effects of abilities and enemies melting away that seems to half my frame rate currently. Previously nothing seemed to drop me below a solid 60/61.

Windows 7 64bit.

Intel i5 4690k

16Gb Ram

EVGA Nvidea GTX760 2Gb GDDR5 SC

I will try the PhysX idea.

I turned off V-Sync and was bouncing from over 300 on the Liset down to 30 again when a lot of bodies were breaking up. If anything this seemed even worse because of the hugely obvious difference in performance.

Edited by SamRonin

Same for me, it seemed to me that the cause was the Nvidia Physx effects, which i always had activated until now. But now, after the last fix, i noticed that deactivating it the game runs just like pre-fix. Hope it helps find the cause.

Edited by ominousmoony

I am another victim of this seemingly.

Not long upgraded my PC in fact so seeing these FPS drops is quite maddening.

For me it is the particle effects of abilities and enemies melting away that seems to half my frame rate currently. Previously nothing seemed to drop me below a solid 60/61.

Windows 7 64bit.

Intel i5 4690k

16Gb Ram

EVGA Nvidea GTX760 2Gb GDDR5 SC

Been having the same issue. Pre hotfix 15.0.9 I was constantly around 120-150 fps, only dropped to 70-80 when there was a TON of stuff going on.

Now I'm dropping to 50-60 whenever several bodies disintegrate at once. This is really annoying since it causes stuttering and lag.

Win 7 64 bit

i5-4690K 

8Gb 

GTX 760 2GB

Edited by imaxium

Also having significant FPS Issues recently. Game never used to drop below my v-sync cap (60) but now goes as low as 35 fps. Mostly seems to be when bodies disintegrate. Even a single body can seem to cause significant slow down.

Win 7

i5-3570k

8Gb ram

Intel 

GTX670.

Unplayable as-is. (In my fussy opinion),

It definately seems to be PhysX related so deactivating that at least for the time being seems to be the best workaround for now.

I agree that its PhysX related. I took some Screenshots to illustrate how the new death animations are messing things up.

g7KzDie.jpg?1lI4sHoh.jpg?10AI6V8L.jpg?1rfrKXJW.jpg?1

Same for me, it seemed to me that the cause was the Nvidia Physx effects, which i always had activated until now. But now, after the last fix, i noticed that deactivating it the game runs just like pre-fix. Hope it helps find the cause.

Agreed. I turned off the PhysX effects and the game ran smoothly again. The new death animations are a massive FPS sink. Turned the Vsync back on and now I can enjoy the game again.

Really hope DE fixes the problems with the PhysX effects so we can enjoy all the neat looking stuff with the same smooth FPS.

I'm allready playing the game on the lowest settings because of my somewhat weak PC. So FPS drops are relative normal for me. Thankfully when i started Warframe was still running relative well on it. So FPS drops were usualy not that terrible.

However since update 15 i'm experiencing an increased drop in FPS, around 5 to 10 more than previously. Meaning taxing moments like a swarm of enemies on Earth had previously dropped my PC to 40fps it now dropped to 30.

Since Update 15.01. this has decreased even further.

The Corpus intercept map inside a ship had previously run relative smoothly. Now i have FPS drops to 20 there.

Meanwhile the game also seems to have become more taxing for my PC causing more heat.