Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ciphers: What Are Your Thoughts?

GrapplerBot

OMG NEW CIPHERS 2HARD CAN'T BEAT THEM GOTTA BE A ROBOT TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE THEM

bdf8363682.png

In all seriousness though, what are everyone's thoughts on the new ciphers?

I haven't tried the new Grineer ciphers, but I'm liking the Corpus ciphers. Although the translucent cipher is really hard to see clearly against lighter backdrops.

I've been hearing complains in parties from others who seem to be stumped by the larger, more complicated ciphers. And the Grineer ciphers seem to take a long time to solve, judging from party members.

The Grineer one was fun.

Took me 10 seconds to realize what to do lol

EDIT:

Grineer ciphers look like this:

SXdMbaE.jpg

This thing will be rotating and you'll have to hit 'space' when it is directly in front of those locks.

Edited by AVEOX

I noticed the old "incomplete even though looks complete" thing is back in Corpus ciphers. Where it will be visually complete but the center tile needs to be rotated to the "correct" position or it won't register. Threw me off for a second because I'd gotten use to it being fixed.

You guys can make ciphers ya know ?

Exactly.

Or waste half an hour messing with a G15 macro just to see if it can be made to solve the Corpus cyphers by timing the space bar presses. But I'm only doing it for a laugh, cause like, too much spores and ferrite, and cyphers are cheap.

I like the new Grineer one, but it is too big in non-widescreen resolutions and the side hangs off the screen, making it hard to see the cursor all the way around the edge. It would be nearly impossible to solve because of this if it were not for the chevrons highlighting as the cursor passes as well. But it is still annoying and should be fixed.

It would also be nice if you could click, or bind a different key, instead of just hitting space.

Or waste half an hour messing with a G15 macro just to see if it can be made to solve the Corpus cyphers by timing the space bar presses. But I'm only doing it for a laugh, cause like, too much spores and ferrite, and cyphers are cheap.

You'd probably have an easier time with the Grineer ones. They seem like the kind of thing a macro could easily solve.

They are more fancy and harder to use, just like Waframe after evey major update.

I personally hate the grineer cipher any lag at all locks it . Non lag all i had to do was just press space alot and it seems to either lock it or auto solve it .

it's a good thing i have ciphers cause  grineer  locks are the new cipher eater  when spamming space fails  . 

i hate how the tenno use both of their hands now =[, like all of a sudden we became little nerdy typers instead of badasses hacking with one hand while holding our weapon up in the other =[

also the grineer ciphers are hella fast/hard, and incredibly easy to ruin yer progress, have fun doing it when not completely alone

personally i think this was DE's sneaky way of getting more ppl to build the cipher keys and use them, thus resource/credit sinks

The original type of ciphers are ridiculously easy - they always were and while we asked DE to make them harder, akin to the mastery test ones, they did the opposite. Good job. Grineer ones... well, lemme quote myself:

Ah the Grineer Cipher, like a sunshine in my heart. 

1434b5v.jpg

30s9121.jpg

I need some glasses, might've gone blind.

Yea, those pictures shine some light on the problem. Had the same bug when I was hit during the cipher.

As for feedback on the ciphers...

Ciphers have always been way too easy. That's true. What we have now is a new cipher type for grineer that:

- Has nothing to do with logic thus is not a cipher.

- Takes longer than the other and is stressful especially when you are shot at.

- Original ciphers became even easier.

I think DE might have some reverse-sindrome where whatever we say they do the opposite.

Corpus ciphers are proper puzzles and while grineer ones can be considered fun too in a way, they are based purely on logic and when you are shot at, lag, etc. that's not funny. AT ALL.

I want the original ciphers from the cipher mastery test. This was mentioned many many many times, not just by me, yet they are nowhere to be found.

Would be neat if Master Thief would effectively allow us to break into any locked container IF we can do a cipher. If we mess it up, container locks for us and only the others (with master thief) can try. Higher ranked master thief, easier test or more tries.

Also ciphers would be neat to open locked doors that lead to "secret" rooms, armories, caches. Honestly, right now I have trouble finding void keys, especially sabotage ones (obviously) - I wanted to try them but my main reason was to get oxium since the new Grineer melee seems to use more of that rare Corpus resource than any corpus of tenno stuff (including a fully powered Warframe which tends to be a bit bigger than a freaking axe...).

Another question: Intruder is there for extra time. So... what do U use that mod for on a grineer map? Okay, nobody used that mod, like ever, since it was a dead idea to begin with. But seriously guys...

Hell, I'm annoyed.

Edited by K_Shiro