Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Jump Attack

ZeroProx

I dont get it DE, its extremely hard to hit, it flat out more often than not replaces the melee slam, uses all of your energy and leaves you vulnerable for up to 2 seconds, and just ruins the flow required to have a healthy melee combat system. I am a player that heavily relies on melee in PVE and i really want to enjoy the new attack but it just hinders the user waaay too much. I suggest adding on a staggering only version(or any kind of nerfed version) of the original jump attack on the end of the flying slash as well as, like other melee attacks, allow you to chain it with everything else. The original version of the jump attack will also be available while not shifting/sprinting and only when the player is  sprinting (shifting) will it activate the flying slash. Please, Please take these points into consideration for the next update.

Edited by ZeroProx

ok.. i want to contribute my grain of sand here xD.

i think (not sure of this, absolutely not.) DE tried to add the new jump attack to the know "copter combo" ...

1.-we know that when we slide (going forward + sprint + crouch down) and use the melee attack do a circle attack.
2.-we know too that when we do the combo explained before while in the air we did an aerial circle attack.

the second described is what i think is known as "copter combo" (not sure since i don't talk about the game in english n.nU) and this is what they [remember i'm only talking about what it seems to me like, or well what i think they tried.] wanted to change instead of the jump attack.

it would be nice in my opinion that this new "jump attack" were the new "copter attack" instead, leaving jump attack as it were after.

Edited by krizhadow

I don't know about you, but I'm flying across the map in all different directions with this new attack.

Granted, there are moments where I wish I could've done a slam attack, but there are so many more moments where I'm glad I have the aerial slashes instead. Kronen right now is glitched where it's impossible to do a slam attack, and I'm honestly loving it right now.

To each their own.

Yeah, I love the new feature for its mobility, but i main melee weapons, not being able to use my ground slam easily is such an annoying nerf. not to mention i generally initiate my combos with the sprint crouch jump melee combo and if its gonna make me use all my energy and by the time i get to where i need to be, i cant swing my damn weapon for 2 seconds, I die immediately to lvl 50's

Yeah, I love the new feature for its mobility, but i main melee weapons, not being able to use my ground slam easily is such an annoying nerf. not to mention i generally initiate my combos with the sprint crouch jump melee combo and if its gonna make me use all my energy and by the time i get to where i need to be, i cant swing my damn weapon for 2 seconds, I die immediately to lvl 50's

I was hoping they would make it simple.

Pressing a direction in the air while hitting melee gets you the air slash.

Having no direction pressed while in the air and pressing melee should get you the ground slam.

Having to hold the key and do both is flat out stupid.

The new jump attack makes me happy and sad. It makes me happy because now every frame can have an excalibur super jump, even using quick melee I jump higher than my excalibur (because of overextended probably) when he uses super jump. It's sad though because now that everyone can super jump that skill has become even more laughable. I mean seriously, why use super jump when you can just quick melee higher in less time for no energy?

I don't know about you, but I'm flying across the map in all different directions with this new attack.

Granted, there are moments where I wish I could've done a slam attack, but there are so many more moments where I'm glad I have the aerial slashes instead. Kronen right now is glitched where it's impossible to do a slam attack, and I'm honestly loving it right now.

To each their own.

i know that Kronen too, is fun though you can't really use slam attack wich is crucial for stun and time to counter. (although the damage for it is very good though.)

I was hoping they would make it simple.

Pressing a direction in the air while hitting melee gets you the air slash.

Having no direction pressed while in the air and pressing melee should get you the ground slam.

Having to hold the key and do both is flat out stupid.

didn't knew this information at all, ideas come and go so i couldn't figure out for myself (since i use melee when i want to do so instead of main-ing it. xD) but calling this "flat out stupid" isn't exactly thinking carefully since making it more simple would restrict more combo-ing possibilites too, so it have a con too.

Edited by krizhadow

The new jump attack makes me happy and sad. It makes me happy because now every frame can have an excalibur super jump, even using quick melee I jump higher than my excalibur (because of overextended probably) when he uses super jump. It's sad though because now that everyone can super jump that skill has become even more laughable. I mean seriously, why use super jump when you can just quick melee higher in less time for no energy?

Because now you can turn invisible and stun enemies nearby from where you launched

Yup, angle at which ground attack is initiated is way too low. New areal attack should initiate only when aiming upwards. You know, where flying enemies are.

i disagree completely

atm we have basically complete control over the direction of the mid-air melee, u atk where u are looking

what you are suggesting would take that control away =[

i know that Kronen too, is fun though you can't really use slam attack wich is crucial for stun and time to counter. (although the damage for it is very good though.)

didn't knew this information at all, ideas come and go so i couldn't figure out for myself (since i use melee when i want to do so instead of main-ing it. xD) but calling this "flat out stupid" isn't exactly thinking carefully since making it more simple would restrict more combo-ing possibilites too, so it have a con too.

It .... really wouldn't restrict comboing at all ...

Not sure where you get that. Instead of holding the key to get the current action of lunge and slam, you would press melee and forward to get the lunge and then let go of forward and hit melee to get the slam. Same combo potential, better control scheme.

You should really analyze the alternatives before you deem something worse because it is more simple. The funny thing is it isn't really more simple, its pretty much the same complexity. In short simple does not equate to bad when done properly, especially when it comes to controls and UI.