Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Electric shield is useless

Crond

If it lasted longer and was possibly a tad larger, it might be useful for defense missions. But for the most part you are right, the way the game plays currently you move through rooms fast enough, that already have enough cover to use as is that you usually dont find a use for creating your own and turtling.

Yeah, I also agree that currently it's rather useles. Some may use it for fun purposes, but it gives no real advantage in 99,9% of situations where you could just kill your opponents by other means instead, or just run away. I've already made a couple of suggestions in another topic like

* moving with the shield,

* make it cost WAY less energy,

* add a SIGNIFICANT amount of electric damage to Volt and squad members who are shooting through it,

* make it push enemies away, so they can be knocked down, or pushed to a legde and fall (and die from the fall),

* make it bigger,

So I'm eager to see what the devs do about it....

i did about 200 missions

I not used shield in single combat situation as 75 energy for STATIC cover who dont lasts long is too much for fast paced game

More usefull would be shield reinforce(increse shield regeneration? resistance to damage?) or something more similar to (acting as mobile shield who lets your bullets tru but not letting enemies ones pass)

http://www.thefastertimes.com/tech/files/2011/04/sentinel_02.jpg

I dunno I just think if players could shoot through or it had a lower energy cost it that would be more fun. Some of the things people are suggestings are overpowered and boring.

Oh and nerf overload quite a bit while you're working on volt, thanks. In fact just remove it from the game because it's objectively a boring/bland/generic ability and buff the other 3 that are actually interesting to use and somewhat well designed.

Volt abilities in a nutshell:

1.) Kill one dude with a fancy lightning animation

2.) Go fast

3.) The only actual interesting ability allowing you to deploy a portable shield to produce cover against enemy fire

4.) Kill everything with a fancy lightning animation

"Uh okay guys volt seems kinda boring right now, what should we do to make volt better?"

"We could actually create some proper interesting and fun to use abilities for Volt, but instead lets just make some really boring abilities and mask our laziness by making them really overpowered and use fancy animations!"

"BRILLIANT!"

Edited by MegatechBody

I had a use for it once. And then I unlocked Overload.

Seriously though, the only time I've ever actually used it was when I came down an elevator while playing solo and there were a ton of Corpus right at the door (once again, this was before I unlocked Overload). Too little and pales in comparison to the other things the Volt can do.

Similar to what others have said, I'd like to see some changes. I think what would be best though would be as follows:

-Friendly rounds fired through the shield gain electricity damage

-Shield floats in front of you and follows your reticle as you move around for its duration

The above I think should help give it a use for those instances between when you want to use Shock (for instant AoE disable) and when you want to just Overload and kill EVERYTHING by giving you something that should let you deal more sustained damage under fire.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

The only use I found for it was putting one down when I needed to revive a team mate, pretty sure I still got shot anyway.

-edit-

While we're on the subject of useless abilities, I've yet to find a use for Ash's teleport.

Edited by Monorodo

The only problems with the shield as it stands is its cost and that enemies can walk through it. Imo the best change would be to make it a little bit bigger, a lot cheaper, prevent enemies from walking through it, and have it deal damage to enemies that do so.

The only problems with the shield as it stands is its cost and that enemies can walk through it. Imo the best change would be to make it a little bit bigger, a lot cheaper, prevent enemies from walking through it, and have it deal damage to enemies that do so.

Maybe Volt should have the ability to launch the shield? Have it stun any enemies it touches or something like that.

Yeah, I also agree that currently it's rather useles. Some may use it for fun purposes, but it gives no real advantage in 99,9% of situations where you could just kill your opponents by other means instead, or just run away. I've already made a couple of suggestions in another topic like

* moving with the shield,

* make it cost WAY less energy,

* add a SIGNIFICANT amount of electric damage to Volt and squad members who are shooting through it,

* make it push enemies away, so they can be knocked down, or pushed to a legde and fall (and die from the fall),

* make it bigger,

So I'm eager to see what the devs do about it....

+1. Very good ideas man.

What would be kinda fun is being able to "project" it.

Basically :

You cast it

You do your thing

And before it disappear you repush the casting button while being close and aiming at it, and Volt do a "pushing" animation, projecting the shield right into the enemy, knocking them down and dealing really light electric damage.