Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Questions

randomorder14

Question

Hi all, im new on warframe. have 2 questions -

(1) even after i have made a weapon or warframe, i notice i still have blueprints for that weapon / warframe in my foundry - can i sell off those blueprints / weapon parts that i dont need ?;

(2) is there a way for me to check which planet is beyond my current arsenal. eg, does my conclave point indicate which planet is currently more suitable for my current loadout ? cos some planets are clearly beyond what my arsenal / warframe can handle. 

thank you. 

10 answers to this question

@DayInTheSun - Thank You ! I finally sold all those blueprints that i did not need.

you are right - it is a bit strange that feature is access thru Esc, rather than through the ship. 

@Abelarde - i keep hearing about this forma thingy. havent got round to it. looking forward to pumping my weapons with more steroids soon ! lol. 

Hai

1: it's cause you have a duplicate ( more than you need) of that warframe/weapon, if you already have that warframe/weapon, you can sell the blueprint for credits, you won't lose the warframe/weapon

2: your conclave is based on your warframes and weapons, also on the builds you have( aka mods), you can see how hard the missions are by the levels ( ex:you have excalibur, braton, and skana, you won't be able to survive a mission which is level 20)

so, the more the level of that mission is, the harder, if it's less, it's easier 

1) Well, if you have claimed said weapon or warframe you can indeed do so.  If you're talking about anything Prime related, keep a hold of those.  You can either trade them to others, or we're expecting to have an NPC at some point where you can trade in those spare pieces for tokens to get things that you may not have much luck getting on your own.

2) There's not really a way to do something like that, the best way to figure it out is to look at the level of the enemies you're going to face, and plan accordingly.  If you're having trouble with, for example, level 20s or so, then head back to the previous planets and grind a bit, try to get some mods that you can use to buff up your damage output and survivability, then go back.

wow. i posted this a day or two ago - and i could barely find my own question. good to see that the community is so active ! thank you all who responded :)

regarding -

(1) im glad to know i can sell the extra blueprint. but how do i actually sell it ? i search thru all the menu but cant seem to find the "sell" option;

(2) lets say my conclave rating is 224 - and Venus conclave rating is 0 - 100, doesn't it mean that my arsenal loadout is sufficient to take on Venus ? but i would just get my @$$ kicked in Sedna (300 - 700) ? 

that's just the singular "tenno" mission( i.e. PVP)  for Venus that's 0-100. Venus is actually a moderately hard one for newer levels, due to the Corpus and Moa that are unrelenting, especially for solo play , my  conclave is 400 on a great solo frame (lokI) with a heavy solo based build (paris and stealth priority) and it's still hard to take on higher venus levels

Rule of thumb : Extermination missions are your friend for solo, Significantly easier than the others

ah yes ! someone explain it to me this way - he shared that I could have possibly equipped myself with plenty of mods to increase my conclave, but they may not be damage mods, such as hornet strike. in that case, if i had equipped myself with non-dmg mods, my conclave ratings would not have accurately reflected what enemies i can take on. still, since i notice that the enemy factions are rated by level, do i assume that newbies should be aiming to take on enemies below 20 ? or below 10 ? and it makes me wonder, can a Tenno Master who equipped himself with 1st tier weapons / mods (e.g. an MK-based weapon) actually take on advance end stage enemies ? it would seem that will be impossible. 

another question - ppl here mentioned that additional blueprints that we have (e.g. I already have seer, but still have seer components in my foundry) can be sold off. but i cant find the place to sell them off too. can anyone kindly specify how i could sell / get rid off those blueprints ? thank you. 

& thanks for the tips from genuinebuzz on taking on extermination levels ! :)

You can sell your unwanted parts/blueprints by going into your inventory menu.  You can access this by hitting esc and then there should be an option that you can select for your inventory.  The inventory is divided into various categories and there is a sell button at the bottom right hand corner.

I am also fairly new to the game and It took me a while to find it as well. 

I feel like It's a bit counterintuitive to newer players having mostly everything accessable through your in-game ship and then having to access specific menus like the inventory by hitting the esc button.

Conclave rating and difficulty are not even remotely related as best as I can tell.  

If you want to know if you can do a mission, try the mission.   Death has no penalty --- if you forfeit the game after discovering that you were one-shotted after giving it a go, you don't even lose a revive.  

Typical new players in new player gear can do earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, venus, mercury without any real trouble.  Past those you want to have some or most of the following 

-- 4+ ranked standard mods (shield, health on warframe,  serration on a rifle,  etc)  (that is, ranked up 4 times at least)

-- possibly a pet to help out

-- increased mastery rank to 4 or and upgraded to better weapons that are ranked up..

-- possibly a reactor on your best frame

-- possibly a cat in your best weapon. 

save forma for later, do NOT use them on anything you are not SURE you want to use for a long time going forward.  

Basically if you put a forma on an item it gives you a polarity in one slot.  That cuts the price of a mod in half.  With a catalyst installed, you have double points (60 at rank 30) and with several forma, your mods cost half as much --- you can easily stuff 80 points or so worth of mods into one item, making it quite strong.   When you install one, the item is reset to rank 1 so you have to level it up again, which is tedious since some items need 3-5 forma to become maxed out.   You also need forma to make some high end items.  Save them, they are your most precious commodity in the game really, or tied for plat.  Later you might have excess forma, once all your gear is done, but for a long, long time they will be critical to your long term goals. 

Edited by jonnin