Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Should Have Never Gone Zip-Lining...

saltshaker42

I was really excited for U15 - like everyone else. Yea, I'm human, get over it.

This was my first mistake. I find that disregarding hype, and waiting for something without checking back into it, and being completely immersed in it before it comes out makes the experience with it a whole lot better. However, that wouldn't fix the way I feel about U15.

My second mistake was rushing archwings. I thou... You know what, I'll explain it later.

So, on to my thoughts...

It is gonna take way too long to get anything done in U15. I'll walk through it with maximum efficiency - assuming you know from the beginning what to do to maximize the potential of time invested.

-First you need to join a syndicate. Not bad, the cost to join is really low, so whatever.

-Then you need to start archwing quest, and buy the Limbo quest thing.

-Then you need to play the first part of the archwing quest, and hopefully find an argon crystal.

-When you're done you can maybe farm for neural sensors, and we'll assume you need to because... neural sensors...

-Then you need to start building the Limbo quest key thing.

-Then you need to farm the excavation mission for archwing parts.

*Everything up to this point is smooth, and pretty fun - for the most part.

-Then you need to start crafting the archwing parts. This was expected, but hey! Look! DE made it 6 hours to craft instead of 24! They must really be looking at the feedback. Nice, thanks DE.

-Farm another neural sensor...

-Then - within the same day - you get your Limbo quest key, and you're excited to start farming for him. Then... you realize that you need archwing to farm for him... Ok, this was kind of expected. No biggy.

-So you wait an hour for the archwing parts to finish.

-Start crafting archwings... 36 hours. Hmm... well I guess there goes my weekend archwing plans. Ok, that's a little disappointing, but ok. I'll deal with it.

-Then you finally get your archwings, and you think "I can finally go get Limbo before I continue on the archwing quests to maximize my time efficiency."

-Then you pretty much get slapped in the face with "you must finish archwing quest to start Limbo quest." (This is why I rushed archwing. I thought I could just play Limbo quest and get him without having to worry about other crap. I wish I -knew then what I do now).

-Ok... annoying, but I mean, alright. The quests shouldn't take all day to finish anyway.

-Finally finish archwing quest, so you start up that Limbo quest, and get shreked by lvl 24+ in your unmodded rank 3 archwing.

-Then you have to grind lvls to stand a chance. Sigh.

-Then you have to deal with glitched Limbo quest... (I won't really count this, since in 3 days it'll probably be long fixed, if it's not already - haven't played recently).

*This is where I start speculating based on Mirage quest.

-Then you have to do Limbo quest and get 1 piece. Wanna get the rest of the pieces so you can maximize time efficiency? Too bad, make that 1 piece, then you can get the rest.

-Wait 12 hours for piece to finish.

-Do next quest.

-Do next quest.

-Wait 3 days for Limbo to finish.

*Time wasted (factoring in only build times): 150 hours. If you wanna factor in all the grinding/farming that's probably another 5-8 hours.

-Meanwhile you're not even half way done with the syndicate thing, because it lvls up way too slowly. In fact it feels like resource drops yield less resources per drop now... 

This is my problem. The game seems to be taking up too much time, and not even in a good way.

I'll use Skyrim as an example of how to take up too much time in a good way.

In Warframe, they add time to your gameplay to increase the value of the game. More time = more fun, right? The problem is most of this time is spent waiting. Waiting isn't a bad thing, unless you have to wait without being able to do anything else, maximizing your time efficiency potential (the thing I've been referencing the whole post). If I need to wait 12 hours, let me do something else so I feel like those 12 hours aren't a big chunk of missing gameplay.

In Skyrim you get new opportunities to do new things over and over - kind of like an action thriller movie. They just pile up action upon explosion upon parkour upon fire fight, and it's honestly very overwhelming, and can be bad to a lot of players (myself included), but at least you have things to do. No, not waiting. Actual things to do. Waiting isn't fun (no matter how many people say "be patient," it'll never be fun).

An example of what I would find enjoyable:

-Archwing quests, blah blah blah.

-Start crafting archwings. The time it takes to wait doesn't bother me, I'll wait.

-Start Limbo quest while I wait for archwing. find all 3 pieces in the same day.

-Start crafting Limbo pieces.

-Wait for tomorrow.

-Start crafting Limbo, archwing 2 days away.

-Time efficiency maximized.

*Time wasted (factoring in only build times): 90.

I don't hate the update, and I'm still gonna play the game. I just feel like more time is going into waiting than actually playing the game, and that's disappointing to put it lightly. To be completely honest, it feels like more of a punishment for those who don't put platinum into the game. "You wanna play a f2p game for free? Then more waiting for you!" As if 12 hour - 3 day wait times aren't bad enough. I don't wanna spend 150+ hours of my life waiting for things in this game. I have other things to do. Please, DE. Just because we want less grinding doesn't mean we want more waiting times. Can we please just have a fun game?

Grinding isn't fun. Waiting isn't fun. Farming is hard to make fun. Repetition is hard to make fun. Can we avoid these things and just make the game fun, please? I know people are going to get angry no matter what, and that doesn't mean they aren't normal or sane, but most players don't blow their tops because content X wasn't up to their standards. I'm not the kind of player that gets angry and rages/rants on the forum. I'm making an exception this time, because, well, I don't wanna wait in my games. I'll wait for updates as long as you want, just don't make waiting a part of gameplay.

Sincerely, your supporting fan for 1 year 5 months - and still going: Saltshaker42

Use Platinum to rush processes.

In other words, if waiting disturbs and distracts you partially taking away joy from the game use a medium to help your misery.

Over a year of playing and no 75% discount from daily logins? I don't believe it. I got it more times I wanted, not to mention 50%.

Do you even get drops, bro? Sell good stuff fairly cheap to other players and never be short of extra plat for fun stuff like dangly bits and color sets.

Also, ninjas play free but they can support those who help them play in imaginative and enjoyable way ;)

You have no excuse to not have and use platinum, sorry.

*dumps an entire truck-load of +1's*

Build times in this game are the digital representation of cancer and I wish DE would realize this already. Yes, your game is F2P and you've gotta make money off of new stuff, but players shouldn't feel punished for not paying $15 to immediately obtain a single new item.

Edited by Ailith

Uhh

You're joking, right? In order for you to find something worth farming for, it's not worth your time. Most things go for 4p-12p in Trading tab nowadays. To get many/most of those, you need to farm for them. By THAT time, your X would have already had time to complete. So it's either wait or wait while scrounging around for things, and that's exactly what this post is addressing.

Not everyone has the luxury of purchasing Platinum. After a year of playing, I was finally able to get my one and likely only purchase of plat. "But it doesn't even cost that mu--" No. Maybe not, depending on what package you get. But not everyone has money they can throw around at any given drop of a hat. And even if you didn't get a piece of your Platinum via purchase, there is a thing known as luck. You just so happen to be there when XxDudeBro420xX wanted a maxed out Serration/Vitality/Blind Rage, Rhino Prime BP, Bo Prime Handle, etc. In order to get what people want (concerning mods), you have to do a LOT of grinding. More grinding than a healer with a mortar and pestle. In order to get what people want (concerning things that aren't mods), you literally have to run mission after mission after mission after mission after mission after after after...and maybe -- JUST MAYBE -- you'll find that thing DudeBro over here just so happened to be wanting to buy. And how much plat does that give you, hm? Enough to rush maybe two or three minor things at most.

I'm completely okay with waiting. But it's the length of which we are to wait. I understand, acknowledge, and accept the reasoning behind this waiting. I also welcome it. But the wait times themselves are honestly pretty bogus in many cases. No excuse...ya ok.

In other words, if waiting disturbs and distracts you partially taking away joy from the game use a medium to help your misery.

Over a year of playing and no 75% discount from daily logins? I don't believe it. I got it more times I wanted, not to mention 50%.

Do you even get drops, bro? Sell good stuff fairly cheap to other players and never be short of extra plat for fun stuff like dangly bits and color sets.

Also, ninjas play free but they can support those who help them play in imaginative and enjoyable way ;)

You get a *facepalm* and a *sigh* fellow Tenno.

*dumps an entire truck-load of +1's*

Build times in this game are the digital representation of cancer and I wish DE would realize this already. Yes, your game is F2P and you've gotta make money off of new stuff, but players shouldn't feel punished for not paying $15 to immediately obtain a single new item.

If we at least got more than 1 item for our purchases, then that'd be so much better. No, not bundles, those are too expensive. I don't wanna pay $35 for a bundle in which half the things are useless/already owned, and no, not "oh you get a potato with it." That's definitely not worth $10+.

Yea, you can get discount, but you have to wait for RNG to smile upon you first. Look! More waiting!

If we had like halved wait times on things that'd be even better...

But this isn't my issue with the game, and U15. Wait times are more or less ok, the thing I'm getting at here is that I wish DE would stop with these ridiculously long wait times piled on top of wait times piled on top of grinding piled on top of farming. It's a cheap way of making you gameplay hours go up, and it's not fun.

I always found the waiting time on Warframe disappointing. I would personally love if they cut them down a bit.

I remember when i really praised de for such premium model, but 3.5days that it took to craft next frame was amount of time it took me to get previous frame to 30 and then max it ability mods and play a while with it.

But now everytime i see clantech or quest i want to vomit, this waiting time serves purpose no other than to discourage ppl from attempting to get items for free, there was 0 effort put to make it feel less painful for dedicated players, quite opposite everything was done to make it feel more painful.

Additional farm in form of key, , additional/decaying resources, now waiting time between parts.

Why cant we have 1st archwing nearly instant, but you want other gun for it?? maybe another archwing?? well you will need to wait, meanwhile you can enjoy using the one we gave you or you can use plat to get new shiny toy earlier. No such thing instead you grind for parts for 1st archwing then you need to wait for it, then if you want more shiny toys you need to grind for next batch of parts in S#&$ty unranked archwing without any mods, just to make you wait longer. Its disgusting practice.

I even started to despise ppl who pay for these additions, you guys are basically saying that what de does is fine and they should do more of it.

Edited by Davoodoo

I remember when i really praised de for such premium model, but 3.5days that it took to craft next frame was amount of time it took me to get previous frame to 30 and then max it ability mods and play a while with it.

But now everytime i see clantech or quest i want to vomit, this waiting time serves purpose no other than to discourage ppl from attempting to get items for free, there was 0 effort put to make it feel less painful for dedicated players, quite opposite everything was done to make it feel more painful.

Additional farm in form of key, , additional/decaying resources, now waiting time between parts.

Why cant we have 1st archwing nearly instant, but you want other gun for it?? maybe another archwing?? well you will need to wait, meanwhile you can enjoy using the one we gave you or you can use plat to get new shiny toy earlier. No such thing instead you grind for parts for 1st archwing then you need to wait for it, then if you want more shiny toys you need to grind for next batch of parts in S#&$ty unranked archwing without any mods, just to make you wait longer. Its disgusting practice.

I even started to despise ppl who pay for these additions, you guys are basically saying that what de does is fine and they should do more of it.

^ this guys gets it.

If we at least got more than 1 item for our purchases, then that'd be so much better. No, not bundles, those are too expensive. I don't wanna pay $35 for a bundle in which half the things are useless/already owned, and no, not "oh you get a potato with it." That's definitely not worth $10+.

Yea, you can get discount, but you have to wait for RNG to smile upon you first. Look! More waiting!

If we had like halved wait times on things that'd be even better...

But this isn't my issue with the game, and U15. Wait times are more or less ok, the thing I'm getting at here is that I wish DE would stop with these ridiculously long wait times piled on top of wait times piled on top of grinding piled on top of farming. It's a cheap way of making you gameplay hours go up, and it's not fun.

Honestly, I'd be fine with 12-hour build times (for weapons/frames) because at least then I could build something, go to sleep, and use it the next day. Then, to compensate for farming and to add some downtime, components for weapons/frames should take something like 3 hours to build, max. So, ideally, you could get everything, build it in one day, and then build the full item overnight (worst case, you finish it the next day).

In any case, the nearly week-long wait to access (some/most) big update content is really, really getting old. I won't be able to touch a completed Opticor until Tuesday, I can't even start the Limbo quest until sometime tomorrow/Monday (Argon drops permitting), and I can't make the Halikar because of Argon and Oxium drops. What else in U15 is left for me? Syndicates? I can't even make progress in those because the only way to gain points with them is to do random missions, which only give between 20 and 50 points per run...of 30,000 total.

Everything is just...ugh. /end rant

Edited by Ailith