Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Slight Suggestion Of Opticor...

Tar_Spit_Fire

Then again, does it not feel weird to have a giant laser beam that does not even cut through a thin sheet of metal?

Of course. In fact, I kind of wish they had given the Lanka the Opticor's laser and instead had given the Opticor something else, like an actual BFG explosion or something.

since lanka is required to start this research...why not?
i would also wish for something different, currently its more like an Ogris Upgrade, and thats somehow sad.

A Punch-Through Laser would be epic, or even a charged continuous beam...just something that fits for this giant beast

I would personally prefer that the weapon wouldn't automatically discharge once you've fully charged it, perhaps a charge mechanic similar to the dragoon?

Hmm, maybe. If that's giving the Opticor too much, maybe it could reduce the player's movement speed when fully charged, or cause them to release the shot when they sprint. Thematically, the reasoning could be that the machinery inside the Opticor is spinning and whirring so powerfully that the Tenno can't run around without it discharging.

Hmm, maybe. If that's giving the Opticor too much, maybe it could reduce the player's movement speed when fully charged, or cause them to release the shot when they sprint. Thematically, the reasoning could be that the machinery inside the Opticor is spinning and whirring so powerfully that the Tenno can't run around without it discharging.

Hmm, you've got a good point-it should have some sort of penalty for being able to hold its charge (otherwise it'll be OP as f$!).

I really like the idea of this weapon, having played with it. I just don't find the wind-up time worth the punch it offers. Definitely needs some punch through, quicker fire mode, or way to hold charge to be more useful. It's very satisfying to use, but not very effective IMO.

Please make the AOE actually do some damage!

It a laser for crying out loud!

80 damage doesn't really compensate such a beam and damage as a whole

A little extra charge speed would be nice too

Punch through has been mentioned already

-Phyrak

Oh, yeah. Why don't we have a Fast Feedback thread for this weapon?

Because people avoided this weapon after they heard about the long charge time mechanics with no innate punch through + the 20 galium/1forma/cryotics build requirement.... 

*May be*

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

I would rather see the AoE explosion go off when you hit an enemy. Instead of always having to aim at terrain for the AoE explosion. Giving it innate punch through would just trash the AoE portion of the weapon since it would shoot through terrain, not letting you get an explosion when you wanted to.

I'm with TankHunter678 on this one.  I'd much rather have an AoE when you actually hit a mob than innate punchthrough.

Why not both? 

Have it so that the Opticor will have an AoE explosion at the point where it hits terrain/an enemy, meaning it can have multiple explosions on its laser if it pierces through a few enemies.

To be clear, an example is thus: 

Opticor laser length: 25m

Laser passes through enemies at 5m, 7.5m, and 9m, while passing through terrain at 24m

AoE explosion occurs at 5m, 7.5m, 9m and 24m of the laser beam. 

That way, we have our innate Punch Through, and our AoE explosions. 

What? It has AoE damage on impact with a surface.

You give it punch-through the explosion will never happen. The Penta with Punch-through ends up putting nades through the terrain.

Combine the both of them, and have a code that creates AoE explosions at the spot of collision between the laser beam and the terrain. That code should be easy to implement (as to if it would work without crashing something else would be another matter).