mrbeefy15

Spider/Arachnid Frame

Base Stats:

Health: 100

Shield Capacity: 100

Energy: 150

Armor: 50

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Ability 1 (Cocoon) 25 energy: Widow targets an enemy, cocooning them. Stuns for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. If target dies while in cocoon, the cocoon remains for 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds, a spiderling is born from the cocoon if the “Summon Spiderlings” ability is learned. Ability is affected by range and duration mods. The cocoon of a fallen enemy is not affected by duration mods.

Ability 2 (Feed) 50 energy, 3 second cooldown: Widow targets an enemy; if target is in a cocoon, Widow pulls them to her and feeds, costing half the energy. If target isn’t in a cocoon, she pulls herself behind target, confusing them and feeds. 150 / 200 / 300 / 500 Toxin damage is dealt to the target, 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 Toxin damage over 5 / 8 / 12 / 15 seconds affects the target, and a 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% of Widow’s missing health and energy is restored. If target is in a cocoon, double damage is dealt. If target is a cocoon left from a fallen enemy, the cocoon is still pulled in and Widow feeds on the cocoon. The max radius Widow needs to be from the target to feed is 5 meters. When a cocoon is pulled in, the cocoon will be 1 meter away from Widow. Feed is affected by power range, power strength. The animation speed should be just as fast as Loki’sSwitch Teleport” or Ash’sTeleport.”

Ability 3 (Summon Spiderlings) 75 energy: Widow summons a swarm of spiderlings in an area, attacking and seeking out nearby enemies. Any enemies that are within 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 meters have the spiderlings dropped on top of and are stunned for 1 second. Number of spiderlings increases in rank 2 / 3 / 4 / 5. They cannot stray outside of the tile that Widow is in. Each attack deals 50 / 75 / 150 / 300 Toxin damage and has a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% chance to stagger and proc the Toxin effect. They can not critical hit. Their attack speed is 1 attack per second. Only one spider can attack a target at a time. The spiderlings have a percentage of Widow’s maximum health, increasing with each rank. 40% / 60% / 80% / 100%. They have 100% of Widow’s armor at all ranks. If a spiderling dies, it explodes doing 100 / 150 / 200 / 300 Poison damage and staggering enemies in blast radius. Blast radius is affected by range mods. Damage dealt by blast and spiderlings is affected by power strength. Abilities like Rhino’s “Roar”, Trinity’s “Blessing”, and Valkyr’s “Warcry” affect the spiderlings. Spiderlings stay until death. Number of spiderlings total is 10 per tile.

Ability 4 (Web of Despair) 100 energy: For 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds, Widow transforms into her true form; The Black Widow. Her primary, secondary, and melee weapons deal additional 50 / 100 / 200 / 300 Toxin and 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 Toxin over time damage. She also gains 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% additional status proc chance to her weapons. She gains 50% / 60% / 70% / 75% damage reduction. She spawns a large AOE web around her; 15 / 20 / 22 / 25 meters, slowing her enemies movement and attack who are trapped inside. After 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 seconds of being slowed, her enemies are snared, unable to move for 8 / 10 / 12.5 / 15 seconds, but enemies can make other actions like attacking and Eximus Arson/Caustic Fire Blasts for example. Power duration increases the snare duration. Enemies that die in the web have a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% chance to become cocooned. All percentages cannot be increased. Ability is affected by power range, power duration, and power strength.

I have seen so many different interpretations of a spider-like warframe and it really is cool that these ideas are being put out there for people to see. So please be very critical of this one. Think outside the box. I have thick skin and I doubt DE will notice this thread. Discuss!

Notes:

I tried to go with a very combined warframe. I tried to mix Saryn, Ember, Limbo, Frost, Loki, Ash, and Trinity. I wanted to be able to have a lot of pets on the battlefield at once. I like the idea of damage-over-time, but I support burst damage a lot more.

Is she too much of both? Does her lack of AOE damage, despite “Spiderlings,” balance out?

I feel like the way she is put on paper at the moment makes her super effective at soloing missions.

All numbers should definitely change. They are really only place holder numbers.

Should allied Tenno be allowed to interact with the cocoons? How so?

Should “Feed” be able to target allied units?

How many spiderlings should be on one tile or in total on the map?

Should her spiderlings be weaker in any way?

Should they be more powerful?

Should they have more armor and health, or more damage?

Is her ult too strong? Should her web ability be more like Frost’s "Snow Globe" or Limbo’s "Rift Surge"?

I will be drawing art asap.

As a quirky thing, the Syndicate power mod for the ult can be her being able to stick to walls easier. Another could be instead of her spiderlings dealing toxin damage, they deal corrosive damage.

If there are any questions or if there is anything you think should be put in or taken out, post below.

Edited by mrbeefy15

I guess the only thing I can think of at the moment that i don't like is the damage and the spiderlings coming out of the cocoon part.

Edit: The spiderlings coming out of the cocoon is a staple to her design. I think I was super tired when writing that at 3 in the morning.

Edited by mrbeefy15

I was thinking about how she would look like and you can't really stray too far from a spider. In human form, her face and head would resemble a spider's head. Her body would be thin but similar to trinity in that she would have a thorax. She would look like a black widow for the details.

When she transforms in "Web of Despair," she would grow in size, and have this armor around her to resemble the damage mitigation. The armor would be almost jut out of her like scale armor. That's not really Black Widow-like but the visual change from her two forms must be prevalent. The field of view would get a little larger and the camera would have to move back to resemble her change in size and field of view. The camera thing is just aesthetic though but I really think she should grow in size.

I think art would be very important to really visualize this concept so I will most likely be doing sketches of her in two forms. A front, side, and rear of both and a sketch of her head. More will be revealed once I get to drawing. I'm not sure how I will be able to post actual pictures in a post but I might be able to send a link if anything.

Feel free to send in your stuff, too. I would love to see it.

Edited by mrbeefy15

Elise is a badass. A lot of my art design is based off of her. Once I get some final pictures, i'll put them on here.

I started getting ahead of myself and thought of some other League of Legends characters that would be cool to combine. I came up with Vladamir, Aatrox, Sion, and Alistar. He would be this huge AOE stun combo-ing Frame. I'm telling myself, "One Frame at a time..." LOL

Edited by mrbeefy15

I realized what she lacks and that's an "oh S#&$ button." She has no instant escape or crowd control like Nova's "Worm Hole" or Rhino's "Rhino Stomp." This could make her less attractive or more difficult to some players. I will definitely be working a way around this. I might have to change a couple of abilities.

Widow's "Spiderlings" ability should spawn spiderlings on top of nearby enemies stunning them briefly, giving her some breathing room.

I like the idea of her being able to spin a web and escape which could be implemented in her first ability. It would act similar to Vakyr's "Rip Line." That might be a cheap way of doing it. Or I could keep it as is and let her be a high control frame with no real escape. That might make her more of a Challenging frame. Which some people might like.

Edited by mrbeefy15

I think you have a mistake there with attack speed of spiders 1.67 attacks per second is way faster than 1.25 attacks per second you should swap that around the other way so that at max it does 1.67 attacks per second

Btw 1.67 is very high that 3.2 attacks in 2 seconds = 3 attacks in 2 seconds 

Edited by Seyenas