Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Starmap Functionality

Khunvyel

A) ALERTS:

We still don't know CRAP about what the actual alert is.

• We don't know what MISSION TYPE it is since the description is everything but helpful.

• We don't see the enemy level.

• We don't get to see WHERE the mission is. Of course you can ask "why do you need that?" I ask in return; "why not?"

• At least we see the faction... in theory. The white symbol is still not exactly easy to make out.

B) INVASIONS:

Looks better than alerts, feels like we get functionality and visibility back.

• If I do the "effort" to precisely click a mission name, why am I not getting to this mission directly? That should be a thing

• While the general colour choice is good and I can see you tried making a distinction even in "colourblind mode" , the smaller bars are not as easy to differ due to the backdrop colour.

C) EXTRACTORS:

• I lost the ability to place an extractor on Jupiter due to that new Archwing mission. This is what had me miffed when the U14 UI started, as extractors can only be placed when playing ALL missions, and not when having all missions unlocked like it was previously. So basically it is now; want extractors? Unlock nightmare mode by full completion.

• We should get an extractor icon beside the Alert / Invasion / Syndicate overview. This one should open a prompt to "claim and redeploy all extractors" and "claim all extractors." ... the latter in the case that we want to change one. Furthermore, below that, we should get a list of each individual extractor's state, with the ability to claim and deploy them manually too.

I'm supporting this suggestions.

Especially the extractors need some work done, they are so tedious to redeploy.

And make it so that the extractor can stay on the planet for another round without having to redeploy it all the time.

But I don't fully understand what you mean by unlocking nightmare mode?

For the extractors to be deployable you need to have participated in every single node on that respective planet.

I don't see any interference with nightmare difficulty?!

Edited by Tomcat

But I don't fully understand what you mean by unlocking nightmare mode?

For the extractors to be deployable you need to have participated in every single node on that respective planet.

I don't see any interference with nightmare difficulty?!

Before U14, you need to complete all nodes to make nightmare missions eligible to spawn

BUT

You only needed to have all mission nodes "playable" (( aka unlocked )) to deploy an extractor.

More detailed explanation;

I had a time when I only completed as many missions to still have the "border" missions uncompleted, but at least they were not "locked". I could access them if I wanted to, but they were blue, thus not completed. That way I could deploy an extractor, but didn't get nightmare mode missions when I didn't want them. Later on they changed it so you could choose if you want to play the normal mission if a nightmare mode was currently active on that sector. But I still didn't complete some of these "border" missions.

Yet, as U14 hit, I couldn't plant an extractor any more on systems where I previously could, even though I still could access all missions. So now you had to complete a system in full to be able to deploy an extractor, thus also unlocking nightmare mode.

So now I have to play the Archwing quest to get an Archwing in the first place so I can then complete the related new mission on Jupiter to be able to plant an extractor there again, and I simply don't find that okay. I had everything unlocked first, thus my progress there was completed, so technically I shouldn't be receiving a setback of any kind. People can nitpick on that opinion, since I'm going to do the Archwing quest anyway, and that extractors give me free stuff, but I'm still a bit puzzled by having my progress cut back to be "not completed" any more.

An easy fix would be to make Archwing missions not count towards actual planet completion, just like Dark Sectors don't count towards that.