Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Weapon Augments Have Their Own Slots Just Like Stances And Auras?

Scherhardt

Title is everything.

I'm not sure myself but it's kind of logical for them to have it. 

Thoughts?

Strong point.

These things really should have their own slots in my opinion. Ability mods more so, but weapons seem fair too. Yes, it's about the choices of what to equip and what not to equip... but most of these things won't even get a look in compared to damage mods. Things like noise reduction, zoom and several of the weird and wonderful warframe mods that just make you think "Why does that even exist?" are in the same boat - there's just no room for them on any sane build. I hate discarding interesting customisation options like these, but they are quite simply inferior to other choices. It would really be nice to have a way to use mods like these, without sacrificing something clearly superior to do so.

Edited by Scherhardt

Yes. this is what I was afraid of when the slot removal thing was announced. Not because I use one ability builds (never have) but because arguably minor tweaks to abilities shouldn't displacing slots for utility mods that are already undervalued. I was hoping DE would make augments a kind of turn on or off thing that came with either an increased cost, be that energy or mod capacity perhaps.

I don't want more slots added. I'm happy with the two I've gained. But I do think augments should tie directly into abilities and not the modding set up.

They shouldn't have no downside, but it should match the augments usefulness.

Edit: For the record I'm only talking about abilities. Not weapon augments, as they are basically weapon specific mods and are fine as they are.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I don't want more slots added. I'm happy with the two I've gained. But I do think augments should tie directly into abilities and not the modding set up.

They shouldn't have no downside, but it should match the augments usefulness.

Edit: For the record I'm only talking about abilities. Not weapon augments, as they are basically weapon specific mods and are fine as they are.

We have exactly the same thoughts on those.

Though I still think abilities should be in someway moddable or have their *tree.

If we do have a tree on abilities.

These ability augments should be the thing that unlocks it. Used like formas but on trees not on mod slots.

We have exactly the same thoughts on those.

Though I still think abilities should be in someway moddable or have their *tree.

If we do have a tree on abilities.

These ability augments should be the thing that unlocks it. Used like formas but on trees not on mod slots.

I actually thought abilities might have their own little mod screen to the side of the arsenal when you rolled over their icons. One slot for an augment and either one augment per ability or only one augment at a time being allowed (can't decide which would be best for balancing). Augments are only supposed to add or change mechanics, so they are nice little bonuses, but they should definitely not be a WF mod. 

The more powerful the augment, the more powerful the energy cost or something similar to how "soul survivor" works for the more unique augments. 

Your power related mods (efficiency, duration etc) on your WF would still work the same.

Basically we wouldn't have to sacrifice mod slots on our WF to play around with augments but there would still be an associated cost so we wouldn't be getting these upgrades for free.  At the moment It is just another reason to not use the extra room we have for utility mods.

Its weird you should mention the upgrade tree. There used to be a similar type of system way before mods were introduced. Doubt we will ever go back to a tree system though. Mods will probably always tie into things and I'm ok with that. But I definitely feel augments should work similar to the above concept.

Thats just my two cents anyway. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Its weird you should mention the upgrade tree. There used to be a similar type of system way before mods were introduced. Doubt we will ever go back to a tree system though. Mods will probably always tie into things and I'm ok with that. But I definitely feel augments should work similar to the above concept.

Thats just my two cents anyway. 

How was that weird, it was the thing that got me hooked in the game(and mod stacking ofc) while in CBT.

I really have no idea why they scrap something good.

Agreed.

How was that weird, it was the thing that got me hooked in the game(and mod stacking ofc) while in CBT.

I really have no idea why they scrap something good.

Agreed.

Ahh I just assumed you hadn't been around for that when you mentioned the tree system.

I guess they just wanted to try something a bit more unique then skill trees. Its pretty standard fare.

I'm wondering whether augments should take the form of modules at all?

Why not make it like a eye patch or extra dangly bitsoff the weapon or warframe.

But of course DE has also taken the stand that cosmetic items should not have stats. but these are not gotten by plat.

These things really should have their own slots in my opinion. Ability mods more so, but weapons seem fair too. Yes, it's about the choices of what to equip and what not to equip... but most of these things won't even get a look in compared to damage mods. Things like noise reduction, zoom and several of the weird and wonderful warframe mods that just make you think "Why does that even exist?" are in the same boat - there's just no room for them on any sane build. I hate discarding interesting customisation options like these, but they are quite simply inferior to other choices. It would really be nice to have a way to use mods like these, without sacrificing something clearly superior to do so.

Such a strong point. Adding in OP.