Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing: Engine Glare And Motion Sickness

Anymetal

First of all I've been having a blast with Archwing. I've been playing all morning, and it's great.

But I think there are a coupple of issues.

Firstly, I've been having problems with the screen shaking when you're boosting. The screen is shaking so bad that it's making me feel ill after playing for an extended amount of time. Can you please add a way to tone it down?

And also, I think the glare from the engines needs to be toned down slightly, as they cover up a lot of the screen making it hard to see what is in front of you when you're moving forward.

Edit: I didn't know if this belonged in Art & Animation or in this category, so please move it if it's in the wrong place. Thank you.

Edited by Anymetal

The shaking is making me sick too.

Looks cool at first and gievs a good feeling of the speed, but since you'll be boosting most of the time it gets very uncomfortable at some point.

The glare is an issue too, for now i'm using dark energy colours since it doesn't seem to glare so extremely^^

Are resource and mod drops rare in archwing missions? I'm barely getting any resources to drop in archwing missions. After doing the first mission for limbo and two exterminate missions I only got two cores and very little resources to drop. I have both resource and resource chance boosters going too.

My Archwing is lv20 and I don't have a single mod for the Archwing itself. I have four melee mods (three are duplicates, and are useless) and three gun mods (two are duplicates, and are useless).

So yes, drops are far more rare for Archwings than they are in the normal game. It's irritating because the Limbo quest is just a slog without the ability to mod at all.

Well....that's disappointing to hear.

Firstly, I've been having problems with the screen shaking when you're boosting. The screen is shaking so bad that it's making me feel ill after playing for an extended amount of time. Can you please add a way to tone it down?

I'd like to see a toggle option for this

Edited by angrykenji

First of all I've been having a blast with Archwing. I've been playing all morning, and it's great.

But I think there are a coupple of issues.

Firstly, I've been having problems with the screen shaking when you're boosting. The screen is shaking so bad that it's making me feel ill after playing for an extended amount of time. Can you please add a way to tone it down?

And also, I think the glare from the engines needs to be toned down slightly, as they cover up a lot of the screen making it hard to see what is in front of you when you're moving forward.

Edit: I didn't know if this belonged in Art & Animation or in this category, so please move it if it's in the wrong place. Thank you.

The AW shakes when moving normally AND boosting AND non-zoomed shooting, I try and take breaks as my head cant take it.

Pick the darkest color you have for energy color for the AW, it will help a LOT.

Are resource and mod drops rare in archwing missions? I'm barely getting any resources to drop in archwing missions. After doing the first mission for limbo and two exterminate missions I only got two cores and very little resources to drop. I have both resource and resource chance boosters going too.

One run 128 kills, one 95 kills, single drop in each, and I'm using the Loot aura and loot detector which gives me about 75 meter detection radius. I'm a bit sad at the droprate. Still not a single mod for the AW, but have a couple for gun and melee.

Edited by DSpite

I personally love the camera shaking when boosting around. It gives a great feeling of speed.

I do know the feeling, because in some games there is head bobbing when walking and it can really make me nauseous.

So I'm all for an option to turn it off.

I personally love the camera shaking when boosting around. It gives a great feeling of speed.

I do know the feeling, because in some games there is head bobbing when walking and it can really make me nauseous.

So I'm all for an option to turn it off.

Remember the mission you did when you first get put into the AW?

The entire ship is under attack like in Invasion missions. Every 10 seconds the entire ship shakes. That shaking right there is even worse then the AW problems.

I had to put up with THAT to start and THEN more shaking throughout the actual Archwing mission.

I just ... lost for words.

Surely there has to be some benchmark that states "this much is acceptable shaking, this much is not" and I would REALLY like to know who the hell played with that formula and said "this will do, I mean, surely people will not play missions for like, HOURS on end, will they".

Edited by DSpite

I think a significant contributing factor to the Archwing Mission Drop issues is that the enemies have a pretty big chance to drop an Affinity Orb, unlike most enemies. Remove that Affinity Orb from the Space Enemies' drop tables, and that'll help at least a little.

Somewhat related: I've noticed that I'm getting a substantially increased number of Fusion Cores (of the Common and Uncommon variety) from Archwing missions. So that's a possible upshot of the current state of the Space Enemy Drop Table. Frankly, though... I'd rather be getting the Archwing Mods.

That said, I've been relatively lucky with the Archwing Mod drops - Armor, Shield, and a Power Range mod for the 'Wing itself, Crit Chance and Fire Damage for the 'Wing's Gun, and Range, Damage, and Crit Damage for the 'Wing's Melee Weapon. And that's from running Archwing Missions pretty much non-stop all day yesterday (about 8+ hours worth of Archwing missions, give or take).

As far as the Shaking and Glare issues go, I've done what others did and made the energy color Black. Helps a lot for Glare. The shaking is still pretty ridiculous, but at least I can more-or-less see where I'm going.

I think giving Archwings an automatic Carrier-Style Vacuum effect for loot would also help a lot, especially since loot tends to drift off pretty quickly.

Edited by Fraggoth

I never had issues with looking at a screen except, say, when I play WoW and there are spikes aimed towards the camera (Blade's Edge is a good example) which makes me really uncomfortable.

But the screen shaking during the Archwing flight and especially when boosting makes my eyes tear and stomach feel REALLY bad.

Looks cool, sure, but holy hell... can't play more than 3 missions in a row before I need a break.

Edited by ScorpDK

Try Shift + Ctrl. Shake overload.

ADDED: I agree with this. The shake makes me really confused as to where to fly, especially inside the ships. I don't really mind the glare that much. If you can't really stand a small flare then I'm not sure you're even supposed to play games anymore.

Edited by Meice

Someone at DE must have a fetish with camera shaking.  I remember when Scindo and Fragor were released; they shook the screen so badly that the camera could clip through the geometry.  

And I agree with the OP.  All the shaking with archwing need to be toned way down, but boosting is the worst part of it.  It's as bad as the shaking in the new loading screens, but at least I don't have to watch the loading screens.

Screen shaking and blinding glares have been increasing steadily ever since we got our HUD 2.0. I find it painfully hard to find anything in the game that's static anymore.

Ever stood still on the Liset? Engines off, cloak on, just floating around in the calmness of spa-wait...why is my ship shaking? Well at least it's not that bad, I...oh god...the UI is shaking and shifting around and....nevermind nevermind, I'll just start a mission. I'm just gonna take out my aggression on some grin-augh! The loading screen is shaking like a Michael Bay fight scene! Oh GOD, it shakes more when each ship flies in, and then it shakes when I hit the ground!

As if the weakened sense of orientation that comes with flying around in space where there is no true sense of up and down aside from the camera locking wasn't enough, the excessive afterburner shake you need to endure when traveling 1500m straight is a bit much on the eyes. For short-range dogfighting...not that big a deal with short bursts, but with extended traveling and play it really starts up the nausea. An option to turn it off or just reducing the amount of shaking would be really nice.

As for the flaring of lights...I saw this as a pushing art direction the moment I flew to Jupiter in the Liset. I came up from out of the lower pod and thought "Oh my god! Is that Juipier from the mission I just ran? That's awesome, I want to see-ow! Bright....blind...everything is covered in lens flare. Well...I bet those rings look really cool beneath the filter. I bet if that giant flare wasn't there I could see all the awesome details on that grineer ship too." I wonder if Tenno just enjoy parking their ship facing the sun on every single planet to save on the power bill.

The jet flares are a bit over-done as well, makes things difficult to see, though I really don't think they're the worst offender. I dunno, I might just be getting older, but I just don't see how obscuring my vision equals immersion.

Immersion takes a light touch or a gentle nudge. When you pull out a crowbar and crack someone over the head to immerse them, it just leaves them with double vision, nausea, and one hell of a headache.

Screen shaking should be there temporarily, maybe for 3-5 seconds. The screen shaking should then tone down to no screen shaking at all.

Yes! this would be a perfect situation. It's the long traveling that's the culprit, not the short bursts. Still trying to fully understand the shaking. I understand they're powerful burners, but what's making you shake so violently? Wind resistance?