Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Syndicate] Ability Augmented Mods Cons (Fails)

N-14

Each syndicate offers variety of abiltiy reformation yet fails to grasp the entirety of the warframes' potentials, concentrating on abilities that are rarely, or never used. Each Warframe has its own asset:

eg.

Excalibur- Radial Blind

Valkyr-Hysteria

Rhino- Iron Skin

Nyx-Chaos

Yet, the syndicate Mods prefered

Excaliber- Radial Javelin

Valkyr-Paralysis

Rhino-Rhino Charge

Nyx-Psychic Bolts

With the exception of Ash's Smoke Screen which is probably the only useful Mod in the entire picture. 

None, whatsoever wants to replace a Shield Regeneration, Shield or Health upgrade Mod, nor any other Mods that would benefit our respective Warframe for any of these. Unless given an additional, passive slot.

Concentrate on a Warframe's ability asset. Then we can talk about useful Mods. The Weapon Mods are great tho.

Random Rant. Ciao

Edited by N-14

I think the idea is to make the less used abilities more useful. Though I agree that needing to give up a mod slot just for that extra boost seems a bit much for that kind of bonus.

They sound like most of them could be useful, but not useful enough. I doubt I will use more that a couple of them.

I think it's like that because some of the affected skills are lackluster and need some spice, or they're skills that have little to no use and Devs want us to make use of them without the original demerit <(generalized statement)

I think a lot of the idea of the augment mods is to buff up weaker abilities or to encourage differing playstles.

Simply buffing a Frames best ability really only results in powercrepe, giving a lesser used ability a different aspect or a gameplay mechanic then you encorage the use of that mod.

C'mon, we can use every ability without wasting mods slots right now.

And if you don't want, then don't use it, it doesn't force to required this mod.

Some mods I found it's great from this Syndicate mods,

Hall of Mirrors, extra damage, If I use Attica = OP.

Smokescreen = Everyone is Invisible, Bye bye Nyx Absorb :(

Well of Life = Health Orb Everywhere.

Undertow = Touch it, ENERGY DRAIN, at least it give you health..

Best one,

SOUL PUNCH, Revive your Teammate by this skill and also give health and Sheild to Nekros too(?)

SOUL PUNCH, Revive your Teammate by this skill and also give health and Sheild to Nekros too(?)

Wrong, revive teammate and sacrifice most of your health (and all your shield) for it.

I think the idea with Syndicates was specifically to buff rarely-used abilities so they would be used. However, it missed the mark - because even with 2 freed slots and abilities not taking them, people would rather use something that applies to ALL abilities (like Corrupted mods) or ENTIRE 'frame, than to waste one of the slots to change ONE ability.

Though I agree that needing to give up a mod slot just for that extra boost seems a bit much for that kind of bonus.

I agree. And I suggest to add another slot next to Aura: "Ability Mutator", and add some mods that change abilities into drop pool so they're not limited to Syndicates.

OR

Change and buff existing Ability Change mods enough to make them build-enabling, i.e. so a person can specialize their entire mod loadout around a single changed ability, like Desecrate is for Nekros. Fireball turning into napalm-canister-supplemented flamethrower, for example, or Hallowed Ground becoming Hallowed Aura centered on Oberon.