Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Syndicate Syndicate - The Math Behind The Grind

Lludu

You lose all rep when you rank up, you have to make outlandish sacrifices to rank up FOR!!!!??

A few mods that will hardly effect your gameplay nor will any serious player be using by the time they get them.

COME ON DE! What were you thinking? Just looking for another plat sink for us? I'm F*&^ing insulted by this.

Don't change anything at all DE!

The whole point of syndicates is that you have to as a player actually dedicate yourself to one or at the most two different syndicates at once. Its impossible to gain reputation among all the syndicates at once as any progression in one syndicate has a negative effect on the reputation of an opposing syndicate. Are you really going to spend that long grinding just the first tier rewards of every syndicate? The first tier rewards are not even the ones you want to be shooting for, there is a reason they are first tier. Any of the mods from each syndicate is trade-able and I am positive some 1 would trade a higher tier mod for another higher tier mod of an alternative syndicate. No one would grind out and farm every single syndicate to get all the rewards, what most people will be doing is sticking to 2 syndicates who do not hate each other, and farm their mods, and profit off of it.

I personally believe just the projectile speed mods alone are worth the grind, as there are many weapons that would suddenly become viable weapons if this was present. (Acrid for a simple example)

Side note: don't make anything in syndicates purchase-able with credits. You can get 1 million credits in a day guaranteed if you just farm nightmare missions for about 2 hours.

Edited by (PS4)DWROWLA

Don't change anything at all DE!

The whole point of syndicates is that you have to as a player actually dedicate yourself to one or at the most two different syndicates at once. Its impossible to gain reputation among all the syndicates at once as any progression in one syndicate has a negative effect on the reputation of an opposing syndicate. Are you really going to spend that long grinding just the first tier rewards of every syndicate? The first tier rewards are not even the ones you want to be shooting for, there is a reason they are first tier. Any of the mods from each syndicate is trade-able and I am positive some 1 would trade a higher tier mod for another higher tier mod of an alternative syndicate. No one would grind out and farm every single syndicate to get all the rewards, what most people will be doing is sticking to 2 syndicates who do not hate each other, and farm their mods, and profit off of it.

I personally believe just the projectile speed mods alone are worth the grind, as there are many weapons that would suddenly become viable weapons if this was present. (Acrid for a simple example)

Side note: don't make anything in syndicates purchase-able with credits. You can get 1 million credits in a day guaranteed if you just farm nightmare missions for about 2 hours.

Sindicates are now broken, if DE doesnt change them we could remember U15 as "update which brought us more farm than all updates before combined" + i woild like to see you play sindicates before making opinion, wait till u15 comes to PS4 and hopefully you wont have to see grinding simulator 2014.

Edited by Xardis

Console tenno, without insulting you. PLEASE, come to PC for a bit and try dealing with this situation as we have to before you run your mouths. ;)

As it stands now, the Syndacate system is high farm,HIGH investment for little to no reward. OH hey a sigil! Looks cool. what does it do? Oh, nothing. Just spent 15k Rep on it is all.

....Yeah..No.

Edited by SergeiTheBeast

I will say that 1,248 to get ever faction is a little rough, since I've "Only" played 800 hours total.  :)  But, as many have pointed out, there is still the chance that dailies and Sigil providing more points to come.

Personally, I would've preferred an unlock system, it's always disappointing to see your points reset to Zero!  So like, maybe 250,000 points total to get everything.

I understand that the potato thing will be hard for starter players, but I do not see it being a problem with veterans who have stocked up on potatoes or good traders who make a nice bit of plat in a single go. People who are both or in-between (like me) also have an even more of a reason to not complain.

How do you "stock up" on potatoes? I don't get how anyone that uses weapons outside of the current "meta" can possibly have spare (blue) potatoes. I certainly don't have any spare and I've been playing for a fair while. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to buying potatoes to put on weapons, but to unlock a rank in some syndicate to get at rewards of rather questionable value? Yeah, I do mind then.

As for trading, I won't bother with it until they make a decent market UI as using the trade channel is beyond tedious (on top of having to use a similar channel to organize void runs...)

I hope they dont change it cause what else u gonna do if u have everything and mr18? Chilling in the ship? Nothanks im fine with the grind it makes more players play the game and glad that eveyone has ther own way to farm it and good calculation there thanks for the information but people and myself are doing like 20min 14k points so it makes people discover spots and stuf love it!

What exactly counts as a second tier sigil?

I'm counting any sigil higher than the one freely given to you when you join.  that means the sigils you can buy at the 2nd rank (associate for perrin).. and so on... They do not give extra rep.

short answer, Dont buy another sigil, its useless for rep (unless you just want to look pretty).

I hope they dont change it cause what else u gonna do if u have everything and mr18? Chilling in the ship? Nothanks im fine with the grind it makes more players play the game and glad that eveyone has ther own way to farm it and good calculation there thanks for the information but people and myself are doing like 20min 14k points so it makes people discover spots and stuf love it!

Just where exactly are you doing 20 minutes for 14,000 points.. they seems highly unlikely.