Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great Ds Pvp Changes De!

REDHOOOD

Hey all, 

Abilities unlock at level: 1,3,6,10. However, all abilities when unlocked are rank 0 - not maxed - which means all abilities early in the game have limited range and damage. For example: Blade storm unlocks at level 10 and is rank 0, and hits 2 times with approximately 50ish damage each - However, BS will do more damage/hit more times (5 max) when you approach higher levels. 

This was a very creative change! 

Red

Edit: for everyone who wanted to depend on weapons primarily, this is your chance to shine. I also foresee the complaints in the next few weeks to be Defensive buffs (e.g. Iron skin, war-cry, turbulence, carpet etc) 

Edit 2 Update: "Ultimates" receive their second upgrade at level 25 and their final level at 30. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

Hey all, 

Abilities unlock at level: 1,3,6,10. However, all abilities when unlocked are rank 0 - not maxed - which means all abilities early in the game have limited range and damage. For example: Blade storm unlocks at level 10 and is rank 0, and hits 2 times with approximately 50ish damage each - However, BS will do more damage/hit more times (5 max) when you approach higher levels. 

There is Fleeting Expertise unlocked relatively quickly to annoy the hell out of people with low damage Bladestorm (I mean, who wants to see a twenty or so second of consecutive Bladestorming just because some player mashed the 4 button [he did not kill me, but it was pretty frustrating to just stare at the screen for quite some time]. 

And more like 75-100 damage per hit. 

There is Fleeting Expertise unlocked relatively quickly to annoy the hell out of people with low damage Bladestorm (I mean, who wants to see a twenty or so second of consecutive Bladestorming just because some player mashed the 4 button [he did not kill me, but it was pretty frustrating to just stare at the screen for quite some time]. 

And more like 75-100 damage per hit. 

Then get with the new meta. Grab a damn rhino - get iron skin at level 3 and troll around with your semi god mode. 

Edit: I don't mean to be rude; but at the same time, I can make the argument that it does 0 damage to iron skin-rhino. In fact, its time farm myself a rhino prime...  

Edited by REDHOOOD

Then get with the new meta. Grab a damn rhino - get iron skin at level 3 and troll around with your semi god mode. 

Edit: I don't mean to be rude; but at the same time, I can make the argument that it does 0 damage to iron skin-rhino. In fact, its time farm myself a rhino prime...  

I do want to play with other Warframes other than a Rhino/Valkyr/Invulnerable Warframe in Dark Sectors PVP. 

And to be honest, I am not sure what is better: 

A: Get targeted by Bladestorm in its previous iteration, and knowing I will die, and respawn quickly afterwards (although I would feel a bit pissed).

B: Get targeted by Bladestorm in its current iteration, and knowing I will not die, but be annoyed the hell out from watching stun cinematics. 

I do want to play with other Warframes other than a Rhino/Valkyr/Invulnerable Warframe in Dark Sectors PVP. 

And to be honest, I am not sure what is better: 

A: Get targeted by Bladestorm in its previous iteration, and knowing I will die, and respawn quickly afterwards (although I would feel a bit &!$$ed).

B: Get targeted by Bladestorm in its current iteration, and knowing I will not die, but be annoyed the hell out from watching stun cinematics. 

Have you tried the new DS PvP? That doesn't happen anymore - unless you are badly outlevel (They level 30 with Bladestorm at max rank while you are are level 15)- then I understand. Moreover, I provided you a simple counter with my previous post. At level 3, you will have iron skin, immune to knock down and no weapons at level 3 is capable to dropping rhino that early. You have a massive window to out-level everyone. 

But if you prefer to use a glassier frame, then you need to modify your style. I can't play the same way I did pre-patch either. 

Edit: If you want glassy frames, Zeph with turbulence early can be used to get good shots on ash before his BS has sufficient range. Oberon is also very good for obvious reasons. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

Have you tried the new DS PvP? That doesn't happen anymore - unless you are badly outlevel (They level 30 with Bladestorm at max rank while you are are level 15)- then I understand. Moreover, I provided you a simple counter with my previous post. At level 3, you will have iron skin, immune to knock down and no weapons at level 3 is capable to dropping rhino that early. You have a massive window to out-level everyone. 

I have, and the thing is: 

I get more annoyed with Bladestorm for its cinematic stun rather than its insta-kill. 

It is like solving one problem, but leaving the unfinished parts be. 

Oh, and my Marelok at Level 3 can drop Iron Skin in a shot or two (Hornet Strike +120% is sufficient). 

I have, and the thing is: 

I get more annoyed with Bladestorm for its cinematic stun rather than its insta-kill. 

It is like solving one problem, but leaving the unfinished parts be. 

Oh, and my Marelok at Level 3 can drop Iron Skin in a shot or two (Hornet Strike +120% is sufficient). 

I won't argue with your subjective experiences. But if you can drop a rhino at level 3, why are you having such a hard time dropping Ash at level 3. Hes glassier and if you drop ash early, he will never save up the energy or reach the level to BS anyone. 

I won't argue with your subjective experiences. But if you can drop a rhino at level 3, why are you having such a hard time dropping Ash at level 3. Hes glassier and if you drop ash early, he will never save up the energy or reach the level to BS anyone. 

When Ash is black energy Smokescreen + Bladestorm, maybe?

I mean, it is quite difficult to see nothing. 

EDIT: We are talking about mid-game, not early game. 

Edited by Renegade343

When Ash is black energy Smokescreen + Bladestorm, maybe?

I mean, it is quite difficult to see nothing. 

EDIT: We are talking about mid-game, not early game. 

Glad you clarified that because we were talking about different things entirely. Smoke screen really doesnt last that long now - especially if they are using fleeting expertise - just keep your distance and you should be fine. If you stop Ash early game, you will reach level 30 long before he does - and you can smash him before hes full power. 

Good luck. 

Glad you clarified that because we were talking about different things entirely. Smoke screen really doesnt last that long now - especially if they are using fleeting expertise - just keep your distance and you should be fine. If you stop Ash early game, you will reach level 30 long before he does - and you can smash him before hes full power. 

The tactic of stopping Ash early game is viable, if not for the fact that we can enter a game while it is mid-game (i.e.: Around 12-19 [or maybe 20]). 

And really, with black energy Smokescreen, Fleeting Expertise + Continuity, then a weak Bladestorm, I am not sure whether being annoyed by knowing that I would not die [but having to see the cinematic stun] is better, or being annoyed that the Ash is cheap since Bladestorm is a one-button-kill ability before is better.