Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frequent Crashing

mrecentric

I'd love to give a war number for my frequent crashes but I can't. The game freezes to a black screen and I can't alt-tab or ctrl+alt+del or anything. The only way out is a hard reset.

This started with update 15 and is exclusive to Warframe only. I play several other graphically intensive games 8+ hours straight on weekends without any issues and Warframe never gave me issues before update 15.

It happens seemingly at random during missions and I can't pin down any causes. It happened once using Excalibur in a high level alert. After that I bought Limbo who I've been using since in low-level missions. I'm usually playing solo exterminate missions on planet tilesets (because that's my favorite mission type). This doesn't seem to be tied to power use since I'm not using my powers when it happens.

My weapons loadout is usually what I'm trying to level up plus one max-level weapon. Currently that means I'm using Ogris or Tiberon, Lex Prime, and a lvl 30 Orthos Prime that does cold and radiation damage. I always use a Carrier sentinel with it's attack mod removed.

Sometimes I am able to complete missions without issue. Sometimes they black-screen in the middle of the mission.

Geforce GTX 970

3840x2160 @ 60hz

Driver 344.48 on Windows 8.1

AMD A8-5600K

8GB RAM

My in-game settings are:

* Borderless fullscreen

* Increased brighness

* Physx disabled

* Color correction disabled

* Music volume set to 0

The only other programs I have running in the background are Steam, Chrome, and Amazon Music. I run a clean machine which I've custom built. I don't run background anti-virus, only scheduled scans which are clean. I'm a professional software developer who has been custom building computers for 18 years.

Edited by mrecentric

I'm also getting crashes in Warframe since U15. No other games give me issues, and WF ran fine before thise. For me the screen goes black, then WF crashes and I get a message saying "driver 344.48 has stopped working and has been recovered" or something along those lines. I also have a GTX 970, so that may be the common factor. Here's my other specs:

Intel i5 4690k

1920x1080 @ 60hz

Windows 7, 64bit

8GB ram

Physx Enabled, all settings on max, windowed, color correction disabled

I notice that the game has been running smoother as of the most recent patch but it still crashes. This time I didn't crash to a blackscreen but I did crash at random when firing. I finally got a war number.

WAR-350054

I was on the new Halloween alert and it happened while using a miter and firing at an infested flyer. This time my loadout was different. I stopped using the previous one due to crashing.

• 2 weeks later...