Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Fight For A Syndicate Without A Huge Ugly Sigil On Me?

KarmicRex

Well, as i can´t quote correctly from my phone:

Warframe isn´t known for being the type of game with some logic. So, my opinion is that it simply looks very bad in some cases despite the syndicates wanting to be recognized; and the fun of a great part of the community was spending hours with colour schemes and similarities. I think it is very simple to give the option to hide or like was said here: adjust the size the minimum possible.

I am pretty sure the majjority of the players came to the game attracted for the art design of it.

I think they should consider giving people the option to make it a lot smaller and able to place it wherever on the body. I wouldn't mind a small insignia on the back of the hand.

You know how ridiculous that sounds ._. I'm all for more fexibility with sigils especially on placement, but on the back of the hand.... really ?

I think they should consider giving people the option to make it a lot smaller and able to place it wherever on the body. I wouldn't mind a small insignia on the back of the hand.

this PLEASE.

I am so disappointed by the limited options we currently have.

We should be able to place the sigil anywhere on the body, and make it any size we want, as there are so many things we could do with them. I was surprised that there were limits to begin with.

well this is disappoint to hear. i figured the Sigils would be more customizable.

i'd probably put them on the inside of the thigh ;o

being able to put them anywhere is probably a 'might as well' thing. it's unlikely Players will want Sigils to skew or cut on their Frames either, so if it's limited because of that, there isn't much to worry about. 

and i feel most will prefer being able to put Sigils anywhere on their Tenno over not being able to.

this PLEASE.

I am so disappointed by the limited options we currently have.

We should be able to place the sigil anywhere on the body, and make it any size we want, as there are so many things we could do with them. I was surprised that there were limits to begin with.

I'm pretty sure the limits are there to prevent glitches and deformities from happening. That's not to say that the limits can't be tweaked, but being able to place sigils freely is something that is not likely to work due to texture map limitations. Moving the sigils to some areas could cause them to look too wide/thin, too short/tall, skewed, curved and all sorts of weird deformities. Even with the current limitations it already happens (on the back of Nyx, for example).

It's pretty easy to make a sigil fit into a color scheme.

Considering you can make it any color you want.

It would be nice if we could shrink them.

A SCALE slider would be nice.

It'd be cool to make them look like badges on the breast of the warframe.

Or to be able to put them on your arm or leg like a tattoo.

But as they are right now, its pretty easy to make them fit into any warframe design or color scheme.

Experiment and play with it.

The sigils would be so much nicer if we had more flexibility with placing them. They need to be able to be made much bigger, and much smaller, so that you can fit them in more places better. They need a transparency/alpha slider, so that you can make them blend in with your color scheme better. And they need to be able to be applied to more areas, like your arms, legs, and head.

Having an option to make them "glow" the way they do now, or having them act like any other color section on your warframe would be nice too. It can be kind of cool how they stand out in the darkness, but it would be nice if you could make them look more like they were painted on instead. This would help them blend in with the rest of your color scheme if you wanted.

The only way I've figured out how to make a sigil fit is using New Loka and moving to the left of the chest as a heart, regardless of the fact that it's out of place from the rest of the colors on the Warframe.

I can make it any color I want, yes. But they have a different saturation and contrast compared to the rest of my Warframe colors. I choose the exact same shade of red for both my Warframe and my Sigil, but the sigil ends up a lot lighter and sticks out a like a sore thumb.

Having my Sigils blend in with my Warframe's colors would make it much easier for me to fit them, and with the limited area we can place them in, I'm reduced to wearing the Sigils as a dumb looking hero insignia right on the chest.

It is necessary. When you fight with the sigil of a syndicate, you are representing them. Your allies see that sigil, and you gain some reputation with them. When neutral syndicates see your sigil, they couldn't care less. When you enemies see you representing the sigil of their enemy, you lose reputation with them to the point where you will be hunted. It absolutely makes sense and is necessary. If you don't want to wear a sigil to represent your chosen syndicate, then don't bother choosing a syndicate at all. Because to say "I don't want to wear that stupid sigil" is to say "I want what you're offering, but I don't want to represent you".

Which doesn't mean that a sigil is actually necessary to represent a given syndicate. We have centuries of precedence in our own history regarding irregular, non-uniformed fighters. e.g. the Colonial militia of the American Revolution didn't need no stinkin' badges to show what and who they fought for.

Hell, note that even your contacts within those syndicates don't display their sigils on their person in the videos. Yet somehow there's no confusion about who they represent.

It would be nice if we could shrink them.

A SCALE slider would be nice.

It'd be cool to make them look like badges on the breast of the warframe.

Or to be able to put them on your arm or leg like a tattoo.

But as they are right now, its pretty easy to make them fit into any warframe design or color scheme.

Experiment and play with it.

Not so much, as noted, there's a good chance the colors won't actually match, even if you use the exact same shades from the same palettes. If you're lucky, you'll potentially stumble on a decent match in another palette, assuming you own it, but it shouldn't be necessary.

It is necessary. When you fight with the sigil of a syndicate, you are representing them. Your allies see that sigil, and you gain some reputation with them. When neutral syndicates see your sigil, they couldn't care less. When you enemies see you representing the sigil of their enemy, you lose reputation with them to the point where you will be hunted. It absolutely makes sense and is necessary. If you don't want to wear a sigil to represent your chosen syndicate, then don't bother choosing a syndicate at all. Because to say "I don't want to wear that stupid sigil" is to say "I want what you're offering, but I don't want to represent you".

yeah, reallife logic is very important in games. where would we be with just a simple button saying join faction XY and you're good to go farm some rep for that faction. that would totally kill the integrity of the game right?

I reduced mine to the smallest size and placed it in between the shoulder blades on my back and it sits under where my syandana connects to my frame. By matching the colour of the area it's really hard to see it unless you are looking close at the spot.

It's kinda sad having to hide the sigil, but I tried to make it look elsewhere on my frames and it just didn't look right.

Edited by roob