Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Redundant Rant Concerning U15 And The Deconstruction Of Yet Another Coop Game I Used To Like In General.

Schwadronaut

I'm afraid more immersion would not be enough. 

What I think we need asap is simply a more clean code: matchmaking, stric nat, poor performances, lag spikes with no reason, framerate drop while hosting but not while guesting... and so on.

Warframe is a great game, but archwings, doge, limbo are not the answers we need to its current problems. I can live without cosmetics or fan service for 3 months, or even 6, to allow, finally, a polishing of the core code of warframe. I will not live 3 more months with terrible matchmaking but cosmetics in spades.

Lore, a more variety of mobs, better missions and better graphics can wait after all of the above, imo.

To be fair, DE has a history with the patch notes that show this is one area that they are fairly consistent with on steady, albeit slow, progress. I think part of the reasons you have detailed are due to network bottlenecks from hosts. I've always felt that the fact that players are the hosts for these maps has been a weak point for Warframe because it limits both how much and the type of content you can run for the game. Though from experience, the differences I observe in Warframe's network proformance when I started playing 2 years ago and the Warframe we know today in terms of netcode is a very noticeable improvement in general. I believe we'll continue to see improvements in this area, but it's definitely going to be slow and nothing groundbreaking. 

To be fair, DE has a history with the patch notes that show this is one area that they are fairly consistent with on steady, albeit slow, progress. I think part of the reasons you have detailed are due to network bottlenecks from hosts. I've always felt that the fact that players are the hosts for these maps has been a weak point for Warframe because it limits both how much and the type of content you can run for the game. Though from experience, the differences I observe in Warframe's network proformance when I started playing 2 years ago and the Warframe we know today in terms of netcode is a very noticeable improvement in general. I believe we'll continue to see improvements in this area, but it's definitely going to be slow and nothing groundbreaking. 

I concede the patch's notes often contain a mention to matchmaking issues, but sadly since U14, the quality of our games is not getting better. Quite the opposite, in fact: longer loading time, lost connection more often, more bugs and more lag with no apparent reason. :(

I think this contributes to the discontent a little. Big flashy things like Archwing are added all at once, and so it seems like that's where the focus is. But small things like netcode improvement and animation and sound tweaks are added over time, so it seems like nothing is happening. 

I think this contributes to the discontent a little. Big flashy things like Archwing are added all at once, and so it seems like that's where the focus is. But small things like netcode improvement and animation and sound tweaks are added over time, so it seems like nothing is happening. 

Indeed. DE has a very market-driven development schedule which seems poised to draw in new players and income, and I think this is starting to rub a lot of current investing players like ourselves the wrong way. An update - or even a halftime update between major releases - focused exclusively on QoL and fixes would do wonders for their image with our crowd while increasing the game's overall stability and by extension making it more enjoyable.

I concede the patch's notes often contain a mention to matchmaking issues, but sadly since U14, the quality of our games is not getting better. Quite the opposite, in fact: longer loading time, lost connection more often, more bugs and more lag with no apparent reason. :(

I fully agree. My decade and a half of experience with MMOs has taught me that a lot of this has to do with the intensity of technology jumps and increased number of assets introduced with newer content. That said, the game is long overdue to take a break for one update and focus on some polish to resolve these outstanding issues.