Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 Feedback

Oliphia

Let me start by saying thank you DE for making quality content regularly to keep me busy and regardless of my personal opinion DE makes a good game.

Because I'm considerate, I'm telling you upfront that this is going to be a long, detailed post that encompasses all of U15 and how I feel about that plus suggestions. TL;DR version isn't going to happen. I'm not going to complain about crashes, server downtime, and etc because it's par for the course in any MMO. Now to get into it and crit you with Wall of Text...

Opticor: This weap is very familiar to me because i sucked with a spartan laser in Halo and I suck with Opticor in Warframe. It's cool and does a lot of damage but not my thing.

Halikar: Another thrown weapon that, like most Grineer weapons, is kinda ugly. I'm not into any of the thrown weapons, not even Glaive Prime anymore since it 'splodes with the punch through mod.

Syndicates: The system adds more depth to the game and gives me something to do when I run out of mastery rank points to gain. None of the weapon mods appeal to me but the Warframe mods that augment abilities look like a lot of fun. We'll see if they're worth the time it takes to gain that much rep but I'm kinda geeked about a few of them. The spectres, t4 keys, and various team restores also appeal to me. The various sigils are fluff that I normally get excited about but they look kind of funny on the the frames. I'm told by an alliance mate that if I'm not making tramp stamps, I'm doing it wrong so maybe that's my problem.

New Ability System: I know some people are annoyed with the refund of cores for the mods but it didn't effect me and DE made it clear enough before the update how that was going to go. The slot changes get a thumbs up. I got back several forma's and only one of my frames saw a negative from it. My trinity is now a slot short but I'll get over it. The ranking up of abilities seems to work ok, I don't love it but I don't hate it either. If I have to do it every time I forma a frame, well that could suck but I'll deal with it too. Overall, the system seems to be better. Yay.

New mods: If I could get any of them to drop, I might have an opinion on this but alas, the drop rates are very low and with bugs, grouping isssues, and crashes I'm mildly annoyed that I'm not finding them. 

Cumulative defense rewards: Hallelujah! With the exception of it no rewards for part of yesterday, this is the most awesomest thing ever!

Europa ice age:This would have been much cooler if it hadn't taken out Baal, mobile defense thus making oxium farming a serious problem. Maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong and I'd love to get a PM in which there's a mission that makes oxium farming possible since the update. I feel for anyone that is farming oxium for Zephyr and Helios research for their clan or themselves, or the dojo teleporters.

Void Sabotage missions: These are good in opening up new avenues for prime parts. Otherwise I have no opinion on these.

Noggles: Love them. A little pricey but still... I love this fluff.

Archwing: Ugh. Where to start? I was never hot for Archwing despite the hype. Yes it looked cool and yes it still looks cool but flying in space is whatever to me. Now that it's live, I've got a number of issues with it.

The quest is relatively easy. I solo'd the sabotage mission with my nova and two manned the excavation with a frost. I know the RNG gods are killing some people where the excavation is concerned but it's not bad. My advice is to stick to it until all three component bp's drop or until you get killed in the face and have to extract.

Building the Archwing takes forever. 6 hours for each component + 36 hours for the Odonata if I'm not mistaken. That sucks for several reasons like the missions are blocking extractor deployment, the Archwing is necessary for the Limbo quest, and etc. But I digress... If you don't have the plat to rush it, you're waiting 4 days for a very large portion of this update. Maybe it's a cash grab by DE or maybe not, I don't know. You can't cheat and by the bundle until the quest is completed so who knows. My suggestion to DE is to maybe shorten the build time on this.

Once the Archwing is built, you can complete the quest with an exterminate mission with the Corpus and Grineer bickering. At the end, the Lotus orders Ordis to deploy the Archwing and then you're in space. The first time I ran it, I kept getting stuck on invisible debris and had to abort. The second time I solo'd it without problems. It should be noted I was doing this with a Frost Prime with max'd Redirection and Vitality mods so I could take a truckload of damage and not sweat it.

The new Archwing missions are rife with issues right now. Yesterday I couldn't complete the standard exterminate missions without getting kicked to a mission fail. This seems to be fixed now. The "trench run" missions worked for me and kudos for a fun mission. Want to lawl? Hit the walls like you're in a pinball machine. I'd like to see a fix for this but whatever. The interception missions were much like the exterminate with the auto fail and I have yet to play one since the fix.

Overall, the Archwing game play is pretty smooth and I like the melee on them. They're expensive though. In potatoes and build costs alone it's pretty brutal. If you're spending plat, like I did, to rush or pick up the bundle, I don't think it's worth it. I don't know where the other Archwing model components drop or how hard it is to farm though.

Beyond that, I'm super annoyed that I can't deploy extractors. New missions mean I haven't cleared the planet thus no extractors. I rushed the Archwing, couldn't get a mission to complete, and I'm making this face >.< Since the mission fixes, I still can't get the game to give me mission complete credit no matter how many times I do them. Seriously, I'm mastery rank 17 and a Warlord to a mountain clan. The research alone wiped me out of resources and I can't deploy an extractor on most of the solar system. This is my biggest QQ for this update and I'm done now.

Limbo: I haven't done the quest but I know you need Archwing to do it. So back to that 4 days thing and not being able to experience a large part of the update. I picked up the bundle which was probably a waste when I should have just grabbed the frame alone but no biggie.

The frame itself is pretty cool. He looks good, his animations are fun, and his alt helmet is a wizard hat.

Banish seems to work like other first abilities like Oberon and Saryn. My only complaint is that when an unranked Limbo shows up in a high level map and zaps a mob, no one else can do anything to it until the effect is over.

Rift Walk is a very cool ability. You don't take damage and you can't deal damage with some exceptions nor can you loot. You can use Banish which puts the target in the rift mode with you and can take or deal damage. You can also rez your team mates or hit the life support making it a nice ability for survival.

Rift Surge is basically a damage buff and increases damage done to any target effected by the "rift"

Cataclysm is both awesome and hilarious. When cast you end up with a rift bubble that shrinks over time and 'splodes at the end. Standing inside, you can't take damage from outside, nor can you deal damage outside. If you're outside the bubble, you can't damage targets in it. Targets walking in or out take damage, increased by rift surge. If using rift walk, you can damage targets when standing in the bubble. Allies in the bubble are effected like you and no one can loot. At rank 30 with max'd stretch, the bubble covers the size of most of the rooms in the game. I made xini def a rift and giggled. I'm tempted to get a laugh out of it and see how big it is with overextended.

I like Limbo and I really like that it takes some skill to play instead of just face rolling the keyboard and winning coughlikerhinocough. The only things I'd like to see change are the looting issue and a toggle on Cataclysm for mobility but otherwise, thumbs up.

And that's it I think. If you read this far, thank you for sticking it out. And thank you again DE. (edited for grammar fail fixes)

Edited by Oliphia

not sure if it's just me but when playing the intercept mission with archwing the suit is so close all I can see it the bright whiteness of the thrusters. playing the trench run exterminate mission was fine as you are a distance away but the open space one seemed to be right in your face.

Ever since they announced archwing back at TennoLive, I have been "patiently" waiting for the update to come around. Now it is finally here and what do I get for waiting patiently? 3 more days waiting for the archwing to finish building.

The same thing happened back in U14. A lot of people were excited to get kubrows, but were disappointed when they had to wait a day to build the power core and another 3 for the kubrow to hatch and mature.

It bothers me that DE locks us behind a wall of build time and makes us wait to experience the new content of updates. The only way to bypass this wall is to pay for the update bundles, which kinda seems like a scam for money. Even so, this doesn't make me hate the game or DE, it is just a little annoying when you are given new content but you have to wait to experience it.

Ever since they announced archwing back at TennoLive, I have been "patiently" waiting for the update to come around. Now it is finally here and what do I get for waiting patiently? 3 more days waiting for the archwing to finish building.

The same thing happened back in U14. A lot of people were excited to get kubrows, but were disappointed when they had to wait a day to build the power core and another 3 for the kubrow to hatch and mature.

It bothers me that DE locks us behind a wall of build time and makes us wait to experience the new content of updates. The only way to bypass this wall is to pay for the update bundles, which kinda seems like a scam for money. Even so, this doesn't make me hate the game or DE, it is just a little annoying when you are given new content but you have to wait to experience it.

I know this feel. I had plenty of plat to waste or I might be annoyed. Instead I'm annoyed on behalf of other players. Except the extractor thing. =)