Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigil Suggestion: Placement Over The Breast - Why The Minimum Sigil Size Should Be Decreased.

Tynam

I was talking to a friend as we tried out our first sigils.

We both immediately had the same thought.  We wanted to put the sigil over one side of the chest - like a rank badge, or medals.

Unfortunately, that looks poor in practice.  The minimum size of the sigil is too large to produce that effect - it covers the entire side chest.  The effect on female frames in particular gives the impression of an overlarge bra - because it's a single, untextured layer conforming to the surface, the curve of the breast distorts the sigil.

Suggestion: The minimum size of a sigil should be about 25% smaller.  This would still be clearly identifiable (larger than an event badge), but would allow it to fit neatly on the upper curve of the chest, instead of sprawling.  On several frames and sigils, that looks more natural (and more like the allegiance badge it is) than covering half the chest.

An alpha transparency slider (maybe from 50 - 100%) would also help, letting the sigil blend more naturally with the underlying colours.

i think people feel they look like a vinyl sticker, like racecars and ricers have plastered all over

a 3d sigil, that looks like emblazoned energy brands, would looks more plausible

so the mark itself is actually dark on the warframe with the visual you can see sitting a few cms off pulsating ethereal light 

i think people feel they look like a vinyl sticker, like racecars and ricers have plastered all over

a 3d sigil, that looks like emblazoned energy brands, would looks more plausible

so the mark itself is actually dark on the warframe with the visual you can see sitting a few cms off pulsating ethereal light 

I agree 100%. Me and a friend were talking setting up the sigils on our Warframes last night and could not find a way to make them look good. They contrast too much from all of the suits in a very cheap way because they lack texture over the very texturized Warframe models. Lighting/shadows don't affect them either so it makes them glow like letters on a backlit keyboard no matter what color you choose. Even black will glow like a dark grey sticker on your chest. Over all the sigils look like a cheap after-thought. 

-  I think the size needs to be able to be scaled much smaller. 

-  It needs to conform better to show the textures of the Warframe it is on.

-  Would be nice if we could place it on the arms or legs as alternatives to just the chest and back.

-  The glowiness of the sigil would look much better if it had a hovering hologram look like the shoulder badges do. Why not just allow us to place them there.

The way they are right now, I pretty much have tried to just hide the sigils because they look terrible no matter how I try to place them. And from all the posts I am seeing it seems that many people feel the same way.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e