Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Option For Increased Physx Effects?

Sorez

I noticed for a while now that PhysX effects had been severely decreased from what they used to be back when they were added, which I really miss. If it was because of lag, why not add it back as an option of low/medium/high, for the computers that can handle it?

It's nowhere near as good as what it used to be before:

There are alot of graphic options that were reduced. I would really appreciate an option to get them back.

Agreed, people with high end PCs should be able to enioy the full glory of what the game had, atleast as options.

There are alot of graphic options that were reduced. I would really appreciate an option to get them back.

I noticed for a while now that PhysX effects had been severely decreased from what they used to be back when they were added, which I really miss. If it was because of lag, why not add it back as an option of low/medium/high, for the computers that can handle it?

you both get all my yes'!

i miss the old look :/ please DE put in an option to increase them further for those who can handle the glory.

Yeah I do love it when DE choose to reduce the quality of graphics for performance reasons but don't allow us to toggle or choose what level we actually want. Not everyone has seriously bad PC's.

I agree with optimizations, but yea, atleast keep the awesome details such as lots of PhysX in the game as an option for us high end users.

I would love to see an option for AMD users to turn on PhysX using the CPU like how Borderlands 2 does. I run PhysX set on high while playing Borderlands 2 with no problems at all. My daughter plays Warframe with an Nvidia GPU and while I can run Warframe at higher settings than she can, when I see her cast abilities on her screen all I feel is pure envy... lol. IMO Borderlands 2 got it right by giving non-Nvidia users the choice to turn on PhysX if their PC can handle it.

I would love to see an option for AMD users to turn on PhysX using the CPU like how Borderlands 2 does. I run PhysX set on high while playing Borderlands 2 with no problems at all. My daughter plays Warframe with an Nvidia GPU and while I can run Warframe at higher settings than she can, when I see her cast abilities on her screen all I feel is pure envy... lol. IMO Borderlands 2 got it right by giving non-Nvidia users the choice to turn on PhysX if their PC can handle it.

Would be interesting, but Im hoping we actually get an option for more first, like it used to be.

Bordelands2 uses Physx but is like for destruction or enviroment changes this effects can run on the CPU, but Warframe , Hawken or Planetside 2, uses Physx Appex Turberlance witch is only on nvidia cards, can't run it trough the CPU.

OMF indeeeeeed !!!! actually this can benefit not only high end PC's but low ends too, for instance, they want to see particles but the PC consumes tons of fps so they can put physx on low.  In my Case I have a Gtx 780 and i will love to see Ember's circle of fire with all those particles it just looks amazing.!!!  Also, it'll be great to put more AA+ Option or better surface optimization

Edited by NightFate

Bordelands2 uses Physx but is like for destruction or enviroment changes this effects can run on the CPU, but Warframe , Hawken or Planetside 2, uses Physx Appex Turberlance witch is only on nvidia cards, can't run it trough the CPU.

In Borderlands 2 when I turn PhysX up, there are way more particles and shrapnel bouncing around. It wouldn't be exactly the same as when run on an Nvidia card but there is even a specific grenade type that sucks all enemies into a vortex before exploding. When the vortex begins sucking everything in, you can see tons of particles of debree, bullets, and other objects pull up off the ground in a tornado-like fashion and then explode outward. This is very similar to the particle effects that appear when Mag performs her Crush ability on an Nvidia card. And that is all visible without Nvidia with that option turned on. I just wish all of those glowing particles that fly around when abilites are performed in Warframe would be visible to AMD users the same way Borderlands 2 does in that grenade for example.

In Borderlands 2 when I turn PhysX up, there are way more particles and shrapnel bouncing around. It wouldn't be exactly the same as when run on an Nvidia card but there is even a specific grenade type that sucks all enemies into a vortex before exploding. When the vortex begins sucking everything in, you can see tons of particles of debree, bullets, and other objects pull up off the ground in a tornado-like fashion and then explode outward. This is very similar to the particle effects that appear when Mag performs her Crush ability on an Nvidia card. And that is all visible without Nvidia with that option turned on. I just wish all of those glowing particles that fly around when abilites are performed in Warframe would be visible to AMD users the same way Borderlands 2 does in that grenade for example.

Yes , there should be an option,  for at least something similar.   I had a radeon card but there's to many games with Physx so I sell my r9 280x and buy a gtx 770, i love radeon more then Nvidia, but well... i really like the Appex Turbelance effect, so...

• 3 weeks later...

And that is probably the real reason why it's been removed. PhysX APEX is a proprietary Nvidia-only thing. Which means it's probably not supported in all the platforms Warframe runs on. From a developer's point of view, it's easier to maintain a master branch that can support all PC/PS/Xbox at the same time rather than maintain a separate code-base for each. Not to mention the added layer of complexity and manpower required to design, develop, and test for a separate PhysX animation/effect for every new weapon/frame/ability they need to add.

A better suggestion would be to have spiffy-looking effects/animations that are on-par with, but not dependent on, PhysX. Just like, as previously mentioned, Borderlands manages to look awesome without being beholden to Nvidia.

Or I could be wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i have to say i agree, and it's definetly not just the physX, as others have said DE greatly reduced the graphic quality of everything for optimisation/performance, but didn't give anyone who could actually run the glorious glory of the former effects the option to do so.

the biggest change so far was on U14, where they changed pretty much everything graphically, all visual effects, specially those involving energy, were affected, i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who remembers how awesome melee channeling and warframe abilities used to look, and while they still look pretty cool, it's nothing like how they used to be, warframe used to look incredible, i'd say almost cinematic, but now it really only looks good.

besides, it's not like it'd be the first game to do something like this, plenty of games have options for how good you want the special effect to be, things like spells/powers/skills often have an "effects slider" of sorts, same goes for things like lighting, shadows, even texture detail and polygon count get sliders often, if anything i would say that the more options we have to adjust our graphical settings the better.

lastly, i'd like to say that the devs really shouldn't limit graphics for the sake of optimisation, they are something that can always be toned down via in-game options, and no matter how crazy they get there will ALWAYS be someone out there who can run the game at max settings.

basically, if you can imagine it, and the game's engine can pull it off, then do it; you can worry about making toned down versions for those with lower end PCs afterwards (though it should still be done before release, otherwise everyone with a lower end PC is screwed).

Edited by phazefox

i have to say i agree, and it's definetly not just the physX, as others have said DE greatly reduced the graphic quality of everything for optimisation/performance, but didn't give anyone who could actually run the glorious glory of the former effects the option to do so.

the biggest change so far was on U14, where they changed pretty much everything graphically, all visual effects, specially those involving energy, were affected, i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who remembers how awesome melee channeling and warframe abilities used to look, and while they still look pretty cool, it's nothing like how they used to be, warframe used to look incredible, i'd say almost cinematic, but now it really only looks good.

besides, it's not like it'd be the first game to do something like this, plenty of games have options for how good you want the special effect to be, things like spells/powers/skills often have an "effects slider" of sorts, same goes for things like lighting, shadows, even texture detail and polygon count get sliders often, if anything i would say that the more options we have to adjust our graphical settings the better.

lastly, i'd like to say that the devs really shouldn't limit graphics for the sake of optimisation, they are something that can always be toned down via in-game options, and no matter how crazy they get there will ALWAYS be someone out there who can run the game at max settings.

basically, if you can imagine it, and the game's engine can pull it off, then do it; you can worry about making toned down versions for those with lower end PCs afterwards (though it should still be done before release, otherwise everyone with a lower end PC is screwed).

I just dont understand when developers lower graphics for optimisation, but not leave the original graphics as some kind of ultra option. I've never had warframe lag on me (since U7), and Im on a GTX 650, yet they still lower graphics with no option for them highest ones anymore. :(

IMO even dark sector looks better when it comes to lighting and reflectivity on items such as metal.

Edited by Sorez