Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tyrannus - The Tyrant (4Armed, Open Design, Original, Updated 10/30/15)

Auroreon

• 3 months later...

i love the concept art for it. i would love to see some stats for it or something. if there was any here i must have missed it. my bad. but looks really cool. id love it if you checked my current warframe idea. got the kit and lore down but i'm having trouble making him look 'warframey'. i do a lot of armor drawing and modelling but warframes are hard to come up with. here's what i have. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/424091-new-warframe-idea-nemys-the-retribution-warframe/

this should be in game asap.  like damn thats a brilliant idea.

Thanks, I appreciate the support! What your thoughts on the abilities or lore or aesthetic?

i love the concept art for it. i would love to see some stats for it or something. if there was any here i must have missed it. my bad. but looks really cool. id love it if you checked my current warframe idea. got the kit and lore down but i'm having trouble making him look 'warframey'. i do a lot of armor drawing and modelling but warframes are hard to come up with. here's what i have. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/424091-new-warframe-idea-nemys-the-retribution-warframe/

Thanks for visiting! I am glad you enjoy his aesthetic as much as I have reiterated on it.

On the first post, there is a whole bunch of information including, design concept, lore, abilities and stats (at the very bottom). Numbers are not as important as concepts!

I'll be sure to visit your page too.

• 2 months later...

Seems *really* cool but the third ability seems kind of situational. However I see a way to rectify that: Have the third ability cause the first ability to target 5 enemies instead of just one. That makes the third ability actually give Tyrannus some benefit, not just team-mates. Otherwise it does't seem like it'd do much for him.

Nevermind, I was silly and didn't read the Blitz Interaction notes.

As a buff frame however, I'd recommend maybe giving him a higher power base. I'd say 150, with 225 at level 30. That gives him a nice amount of energy when he's decked out, giving him the ability to really focus on buffing his allies.

Edited by Akiryx

• 3 months later...

I like the look of the warframe but the powers dont seem like a knight. When i think of a knight i think of a master greatswordsman not a supporter but a conqueror and a one man army with devastating power like Alexander The Great on Fate/Zero.

Thanks for reading.

Firstly, great gameplay design may be spurred by theme but never controlled by it. This concept was built around unique, fun and balanced gameplay then theme was added.

Copied from "theme explanation":

Tyrannus' theme, in stark contrast with popular themes, is a fundamental yet intangible element of ideology within him that is exerted upon his appearance and environment instead of an outside force dictating him (like the elements). This theme focuses on a coherent, unique play-style and gameplay philosophy rather than aesthetics. He draws heavily from the philosophy of Plato and Socrates which describes an ideal city-state that is ruled by a philosopher-king; an autocracy in which a single individual has all the power yet is a wizened philosopher flawlessly superior in all matters of the state and cognizant of all the intrinsic morphologies therein. A man of action, this ideology also permeates Tyrannus' personal involvement in all military affairs, single-handedly safeguarding his dominion and dominating any enemy presence. A straightforward and sagacious individual, he never pulls his punches and ends all conflicts as quickly as he makes decisions. The manifestation of this normally impossible figure would yield a being with complete confidence who is undaunted by outside forces and acts with immediate and total effects - with no errors or survivors. Tyrannus is the epitome of wisdom, leadership and martial prowess and endlessly pursues the acquisition of power because he alone has the capacity to control it all efficiently. For the Tyrant, the ends justify the means because his ends are the ideal outcomes. Thus, he synthesizes the idea of a warrior, a philosopher, and a king; effectively becoming a one man triumvirate, the warrior-philosopher-king. Fundamentally, he is the uncompromising aspect of authority and embodies the domino by which all other dominos fall.

Edited by Auroreon

= skill summary =

Skill 1 - vampire

-. + taunt when upgraded

Skill 2 - basically defensive -- block enemy attack. 

-. + offence

-. + offence when upgraded

Skill 4

-. Growing def/atk by time

-. Prevent enemy from attacking when high powered

= Nerf/Buff =

* Skill 4 : too efficient with Energy support --  nerf

1. only dmg will gain by killing enemy.

2. disable energy incoming by kit/trinity etc. (only can recover by orb.)

(choose one)

* Skill 2 : similar concept with Skill 4/ efficient when spamming with range mod -- nerf

-. remove attack, chance ability (Still, upgrading skill will make this offensive)

* Skill 1 : Nerfing skills make this frame bit under-powered when soloing. -- buff

-. add energy drain at skill 1 upgrade (card -- Cindi Mod right?)

this is my idea

• 2 weeks later...

TYRANNUS

The Dominator (aka the Warrior-Philosopher-King - the Triumvirate)

[Warframe Concept]

Designed to be a Warframe that has the unparalleled ability to provide the leadership needed to achieve any goal. An undeniable force on the battlefield, nothing occurs without Tyrannus' full consent. The design is focuses on active awareness and deliberate player actions. Tyrannus is flexibly effective, skillful, and scales well at all difficulty levels, especially the endgame.

(WIP Concept Art. 3-20-15.)

63upn9l.jpg

INTRODUCTION

A commander and a conqueror, the fate of friends and foes alike lies in Tyrannus' inexorable grip.

[Lotus-styled profile]

This is Tyrannus, the dominator.

Unyielding and unmerciful, Tyrannus commands overwhelming force to seize all beneath his oppressive shadow.

Tyrannus' abilities reign supreme over the battlefield and utterly conquer his foes.

Vice Grip instantly closes the distance to a target, then chokes out the life from it while forcing all other enemies to target the hapless victim.

Subjugate unleashes a powerful conical wave that reflects or destroys all enemy projectiles and forces enemies to their knees where they suffer bonus proc chance and damage from the next damaging hit taken.

Blitz is an overwhelming assault that multiplies the effects of the next action, attack or ability up to 4 times.

The reign of terror has just begun. Reign of the Tenno seizes foes in a dominating aura around Tyrannus, slowing enemy units and projectiles while galvanizing Tenno brethren against overwhelming odds by increasing their damage, health, shields, energy and stamina for every enemy executed.

Tyrannus strengthens his baleful chokehold with the mastery of mods; each ability is affected by Power Strength, Duration, and Range and can be optimized to meet any need.

For Tyrannus, the ends justify the means and none will escape the sovereignty of the Tenno.

BACKGROUND / "THEME"

Tyrannus' theme, in stark contrast with popular themes, is a fundamental yet intangible element of ideology within him that is exerted upon his appearance and environment instead of an outside force dictating him (like the elements). This theme focuses on a coherent, unique play-style and gameplay philosophy rather than aesthetics. He draws heavily from the philosophy of Plato and Socrates which describes an ideal city-state that is ruled by a philosopher-king; an autocracy in which a single individual has all the power yet is a wizened philosopher flawlessly superior in all matters of the state and cognizant of all the intrinsic morphologies therein. A man of action, this ideology also permeates Tyrannus' personal involvement in all military affairs, single-handedly safeguarding his dominion and dominating any enemy presence. A straightforward and sagacious individual, he never pulls his punches and ends all conflicts as quickly as he makes decisions. The manifestation of this normally impossible figure would yield a being with complete confidence who is undaunted by outside forces and acts with immediate and total effects - with no errors or survivors. Tyrannus is the epitome of wisdom, leadership and martial prowess and endlessly pursues the acquisition of power because he alone has the capacity to control it all efficiently. For the Tyrant, the ends justify the means because his ends are the ideal outcomes. Thus, he synthesizes the idea of a warrior, a philosopher, and a king; effectively becoming a one man triumvirate, the warrior-philosopher-king. Fundamentally, he is the uncompromising aspect of authority and embodies the domino by which all other dominos fall.

(WIP Helmet + Laurel + Crown.)

QAqd2et.jpg

WARFRAME LORE

Tyrannus is a rare breed of Tenno. He is a leader, tactician, and vanguard who commands both respect and fear of the highest

order. One of the first, when he emerged from the void, he was more changed than most: his form and capabilities resonated with his "the ends justify the means, all or nothing" philosophy. Tyrannus is known for his preference for the frontline,

merciless tactics and leadership by example. One of the only Tenno not placed in cyro-stasis, he was lost in a wormhole on a

solo mission at the start of the old war. Needless to say, without Tyrannus, the Tenno lost a major asset. His return marks a

powerful new era for the Tenno.

[?] Fights back through present time to rewrite history as we know it by opening up a revamped story. The wormhole he

returns from is briefly open for the Tenno to enter and change history.

[Warframe acquisition or launch event story?]

An anomaly is detected in the void that registers a unique Orokin energy signature. Corpus and Grineer forces are scrambling

to claim it for themselves. The Lotus places an ultra-high priority mission order to discover the source and recover it before

the other factions can claim or damage it. It is hinted that this may be a major hint to the mystery of Orokin and the Tenno. A

new coordinate is revealed outside of conventional space.

A unique Orokin derelict fleet is discovered in good condition and... not so derelict. There may still be Orokin or Tenno on

board. As the Tenno mobilize to the source, they must battle both the Grineer and the Corpus as well as some Infested. The

ships are discovered to have somehow fallen out of a time-altering wormhole. The defensive measures activated to protect the

ships seem to be the efforts of someone at the helm since it is soon discovered that they are all being controlled by a single

being. Based off a few received and intercepted transmissions, the entity on board the flagship seems to think they are at war

(an ancient war) and are adamant about defending the ship at all costs - against ALL outsiders. The entity refers to itself as a

leadership figure like a general and threatens all would-be invaders, including the Tenno players.

Players must battle past several Corpus and Grineer points, including survival missions on board either faction's doomed

ships (destroyed by the entity) that culminates into a final defense mission to gain a one time entrance into the Orokin Ship.

Archwing play?

Orokin defenses (and some Infested?) are hostile on board and a mysterious, blurred, cape-clad figure emerges to battle (in a

style similar to Stalker) once or twice disappearing only after leaving players in a dire circumstance they must survive. Even the

ship itself is not spared damage from the entity. The entity remarks insightfully about the Tenno but is adamant on defense,

refusing to be tricked. Upon an encounter or two, the entity engages protocols to wipe out all forces in the surrounding space

by sacrificing itself and the ship to supercharge its Warframe and destroy it's secrets (Orokin refuge destinations, other

sleeping Tenno?). In order to exit the ship and discover the secrets, the Tenno must find the vault/reactor room and recover the

passcode from the entity who is defending the ship's treasures and channeling its power overload.

Upon reaching the vault/reactor, the entity reveals itself to be a Tenno equipped in an unknown Warframe but is utterly

convinced that the Tenno players and their Warframes are an illusionary ploy and initiates combat. The Tenno's Warframe is

revealed to be Tyrannus. The Lotus stresses her surprise and the dire circumstance that the Tenno players are in by fighting the

Dominator. The Lotus expresses her doubt as she says: "Fight to the death if you must." Tyrannus uses some of his actual

abilities (modified for a boss battle) and forces teammates to revive each other.

At the close of the encounter, the Tyrannus clad Tenno comes to his senses when he recognizes the honor and valor the Tenno

players fought with and concedes the battle. Although the self-overload is not reversible, he gives players access to a data

core they must extract with before turning to hold off the onslaught of the other factions and ship defenses single handedly. A

timer counts down to the ships inevitable self-destruction. As the players make their way to extraction, Tyrannus makes a few

interesting, lore related transmissions. This includes his admittance of failure in going off on a lone quest to prevent

catastrophe yet becomes trapped in time and unable to assist in the concluding battles that have decided history. His

apparent sacrifice ensures the sacred knowledge (including the blueprints for the Tyrannus Warframe) is left in the right

hands. Could be slightly melodramatic.

ABILITIES (WIP)

Overview

tVAuZOk.png

1JjvXtWs.png?1Suxjxjys.png?1

VICE GRIP [25e?] [Target: Unit] [Power/Duration/Range]

Vice Grip instantly closes the distance to a target, then chokes out the life from it while forcing all other enemies to target the hapless victim.

[Details] Teleports/dashes to a target and channels an effect that lifts them up in stasis into the air. The lifted unit takes damage per second and has full aggro in the AoE, forcing all surrounding enemies to attack it. While channeling, Tyrannus' shields and health are restored a bit every second. Channeling means a state in which one must maintain an effect and may not act otherwise or else the effects will end.

[Mod Card]: Teleport to and choke an enemy as their allies are forced to turn on them.

[Optimization]:

- [Power] Affects damage over time. (Health/Shield drain? Number of enemies taunted?)

- [Duration] Affects lift time. (Also affects Health/Shield drain duration.)

- [Range] Affects maximum dash/teleport distance.

[NOTES / WIP]

- [?] Also restores nearby allies' health and/shields.

- [?] When used, dashes quickly with i-frames and no collision to target. Fades out and in? Strong grabbing sounds.

- [?] 1 second before this ability would end, the victim is tossed away with aggro still on it. (Or slammed down?) During this second,

the player is no longer channeling and free to move.

- [?] Player may cancel channeling and prematurely initiate the ending sequence by performing another action such using another

ability, firing a weapon or a movement is issued(?).

- [?] Target remains alive with aggro for the complete duration, including the ending sequence. Dies immediately after if it took enough

damage.

- [?] Damage is fixed but heal is percent based?

- [?] Heals when the unit dies or takes damage.

- [blitz Interaction] Up to 3 extra units near the primary target are lifted with aggro placed upon them and drained. Other taunted enemies will attack the closest lifted unit.

- [?] Interaction with Reign of the Tenno Projectile slow? Argument for tapering projectile slow.

- [?] New ability augmentations?

62QwHbws.png?1Q50RywTs.png?1

SUBJUGATE [50e?] [No Target: Crosshairs] [Power/Duration/Range]

Subjugate unleashes a powerful conical wave that reflects or destroys all enemy projectiles and forces enemies to their knees where they suffer bonus proc chance and damage from the next damaging hit taken.

[Details] Knocks down all enemies and reflects or destroys all incoming projectiles in a

wide cone front of Tyrannus. Enemies also receive a debuff: The next time enemies affected by this ability

receive player based damage, they suffer a burst of bonus damage and 100% proc chance matching the

elemental type of the damage received from the player.

[Mod Card]: Dominate enemies and their projectiles with an unyielding wave of force.

[Optimization:]

- [Power] Affects burst damage. Proc chance? Chance to reflect projectiles?

- [Duration] Affects knockdown time and debuff duration.

- [Range] Affects cone length and (width?).

[NOTES / WIP]

- No target required; Aimed at crosshairs.

- [?] Sends forth a wide wave that moves very quickly and only stops on surface collision.

- [?] There is a reflect chance, else the projectile is destroyed.

- [?] Extra damage and elemental proc is the same type as incoming damage.

- [?] Debuff instances stack. This allows the damage bonus to trigger multiple times, once per damage instance, on a target with stacks of the debuff. (Such as when Subjugate is used multiple times before the debuff is procced or via Blitz.)

[blitz Interaction] Up to 3 extra waves of Subjugate are targeted at nearby enemies and evenly distributed among them with priority on those closest in proximity. A target may be targeted more than once if there are few enough.

gfg8JTMs.png?1H1fUN6Ts.png?1

BLITZ [75e?] [No Target: Self-buff] [Power/Duration/Range]

Blitz is an overwhelming assault that multiplies the effects of the next action, attack or ability up to 4 times.

[Details] The next eligible action, attack, or ability is executed an additional 1/2/3 times.

[Mod Card]: Empowers the next eligible action by multiplying its effect.

- [Power] Affects the damage of the extra actions. (starts at 100%?)

- [Duration] Affects the duration of the extra actions. (starts at 100%?) OR, affects

cooldown?

- [Range] Affects the range of the extra actions. (starts at 100%?)

[sPECIAL INTERACTIONS]

- Eligible actions:

A. Ranged weapon attacks. Extra shots are targeted at the cross hairs and do not consume ammo.

B. Melee weapon attacks. Extra strikes target the closest enemies in range. (Or not eligible?)

C. [?] Jumps. Up to 4 times the distance traveled.

D. Abilities. Effects vary and depend on the ability mod used. Some may not be eligible.

- [Vice Grip Interaction] Up to 3 extra units near the primary target are lifted with aggro placed upon them and drained. Other taunted enemies will attack the closest lifted unit.

- [subjugate Interaction] Up to 3 extra waves of Subjugate are targeted at nearby enemies and evenly distributed among them with priority on those closest in proximity. A target may be targeted more than once if there are few enough. The debuff from each wave may stack allowing multiple instances of the burst damage and proc to be triggered by player-based damage.

- [Reign of the Tenno Interaction]

-- [?] Does not interact.

-- [?] Does interact, increasing the AoE (or Range or Slow or both?) by 25-75%.

[NOTES / WIP]

Up to a total of 4 times the effect. Blitz executes the extra attacks/effects differently depending on the action.

- Effect lasts for 10s or until an action is used.

- Instant cast without interruption or backswing.

- [?] Increases the energy cost of next ability by x%. Low energy cost for this ability if so. What about other actions, for balance?

- [?] Charge model. Blitz adds a charge every second and all charges are consumed on eligible actions performing extra actions based on the number of charges. (Up to 3 extra?)

- [?] Self stacking model. Using Blitz while it is still active adds 1 extra action that may stack to a maximum of 3 and refreshes the

duration of all stacks. The next eligible action consumes all stacks and performs that many extra actions. Blitz does not interact with itself. If adopted, reduce Blitz energy cost by swapping it with another ability mod (25e?).

O4sH5KZs.png?13kgaYdMs.png?1

REIGN OF THE TENNO [100e?] [No Target: Radial] [Power/Duration/Range]

The reign of terror has just begun. Reign of the Tenno seizes foes in a dominating aura around Tyrannus, slowing enemy units and projectiles while galvanizing Tenno brethren against overwhelming odds by increasing their damage, health, shields, and energy (and/or stamina?) for every enemy executed.

[Details] Summons a large circular field that follows Tyrannus, decreasing enemy movement and projectile speed while increasing allies' maximum health, shields, energy (and/or stamina?) and damage based on the sum of the allies and enemies present inside the field plus the number of enemies killed by allies inside the field.

[Mod Card]: Command an offensive and defensive aura that also grants kill streak bonuses to all nearby Tenno.

- [Power] Affects movement and projectile slow magnitude? Killstreak maximum?

- [Duration] Affects the duration of the field.

- [Range] Affects the field's area of effect.

[NOTES / WIP]

- Health, Shields and Energy are slightly restored in this fashion due to preservation of % current life/shield/energy out of the maximum.

- [?] Enemies are staggered upon first entering the field including if they were within the boundaries when activated.

- [?] Include Armor and Speed?

- [?] Kill count is increased by kills made by allies inside the field regardless of where the enemy died?

- [?] Maximum health/shields/energy are increased by a percent OR fixed integer?

- [?] Restores as well. Based on percent or fixed integer?

- [?] Minimum values.

- [?] Projectile slow starts very high and tapers over time. Starts at 100%?

- [?] Killstreak maximum.

- [?] If this ability is used while it is still active, the duration is refreshed and the kill streak is preserved.

- [?] Enemies entering the field produce a brief but distinct sound and lighting effect.

- [blitz Interaction]

-- [?] Does not interact.

-- [?] Does interact, increasing the AoE by 25-75%.

STATS (WIP)

[HEALTH] 100

[sHIELDS] 100

[ARMOR] 150

[POWER] 100

[sPRINT SPEED] 1.0

This is my first concept submission here, but I am no stranger to design. WIP FYI. This idea has been over a year in the making! I welcome any discussion about this and new concepts so just comment or PM me! BBcode is annoying and limited - all my designs are drafted outside in PDF form. They are much prettier and neater too; I'll list link them below later.

hey though this is definately on my top 3 i would like to see him get physical with those 2 extra arms man running into crowds and ripping them lim from lim has a nice ring to it also his history cant make his ultimate bear that name they wont buy it ..... something a little more humble =p is in order 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't mention the skill 3, cuz i thought it's the KEY Skill of this frame.

And all the skill estimation at above contains with/ without skill 3.

Thanks for taking the time to review and offer improvements! Although its too soon to be outright buffing and nerfing abilities, I take note of those possibilities! I think present a fluid and solid concept is key at the moment. Skill 3 (Blitz) is the bread and butter and I am seeking balance around its use.

hey though this is definately on my top 3 i would like to see him get physical with those 2 extra arms man running into crowds and ripping them lim from lim has a nice ring to it also his history cant make his ultimate bear that name they wont buy it ..... something a little more humble =p is in order 

Right?! The image I get of Tyrannus, surging through enemy ranks and annihilating even the most prepared forces in the galaxy whilst leading a strike force of Tenno is sublime. Great idea for promo art haha. 

Oh and there is nothing humble about this frame - no need to be when you are "the be all and end all."

just add some over the top music of pure epicness when using the ultimate ;D I say yes !

I can hear it now: crater inducing bass combined with hallowed and lofty tones tributed by choral voices would herald is sagacious and lordy.

Behold, Tyannus.

Also, I am planning a major update soon so stay tuned!

• 3 weeks later...