Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tyrannus - The Tyrant (4Armed, Open Design, Original, Updated 10/30/15)

Auroreon

great concept +1

however, only 1 ability does direct damage, with the remaining 3 seting up oponents for damage. not entirely sure if this could cause problems but learning from other frame ability sets even the most team oriented utility frames have atleast 2 abilities that do damage on cast.

also, the artwork while impressive and stunning in it's details, it doesn't seam to follow the antique roman/ helenistic theme set in the core concept. I checked your PDF on art detail inspiration and found that the roman sculptures and GoT references while present in the material are somehow absent from the artwork. a muscular, simmetrical, by helenistic standards ideal body would fit him most, less armor, more skin, and the toga should remain asimmetrical, my point being his appearance should tell a story on it's own by incorporating cultural references e.g. upcoming archer frame: medieval archer/robin hood/poison theme hinted at by hat immitating poison frog body; note some comments about ppl's associations: demon hunter/ monster hunter -that's a sign of your artwork telling a different story than what you set forth in your concept's theme;  

P.S.: for color scheme i'd suggest a place for Tyrian red, a sign of royalty

Edited by Ventose

It looks so cool man (hope somebody make warframe with 4 legs

Since old days i hoped somebody would make a frame like this KUDOS to you brah

Would definitely play the F*** out of this immediately if it ever got introduced to the game. If it was available in the market, I wouldn't even farm it. Take all my plat.

This, Typhus and Baphomet needs to be in the game

Spawn 2.0 <3 !! Amazing !!!!!!!!!!

looks good.

He reminds me of sauron in shadow of mordor.

great concept +1

however, only 1 ability does direct damage, with the remaining 3 seting up oponents for damage. not entirely sure if this could cause problems but learning from other frame ability sets even the most team oriented utility frames have atleast 2 abilities that do damage on cast.

also, the artwork while impressive and stunning in it's details, it doesn't seam to follow the antique roman/ helenistic theme set in the core concept. I checked your PDF on art detail inspiration and found that the roman sculptures and GoT references while present in the material are somehow absent from the artwork. a muscular, simmetrical, by helenistic standards ideal body would fit him most, less armor, more skin, and the toga should remain asimmetrical, my point being his appearance should tell a story on it's own by incorporating cultural references e.g. upcoming archer frame: medieval archer/robin hood/poison theme hinted at by hat immitating poison frog body; note some comments about ppl's associations: demon hunter/ monster hunter -that's a sign of your artwork telling a different story than what you set forth in your concept's theme;  

P.S.: for color scheme i'd suggest a place for Tyrian red, a sign of royalty

Vice Grip and Subjugate deal direct damage, although their other effects offer utility that has greater impact than just damage. Also, Blitz is a sleeper ability - with proper timing and aim, Tyrannus could have some of the highest burst damage in Warframe.

Red and purple are the current colors being tested right now.

One look at the concept art got me interested, one look at the abilities got me on a plane to DE headquarters to share this idea with them

Can I come with you?!

What aspects do you guys like the most? Playstyle? Abilities? Aesthetic/Lore? I would love to know!

Just updated his abilities; namely his "ultimate".

Thanks for all the support guys! Here is some iterative artwork as a reward!

U2UsLCr.jpg

Edited by Auroreon

may i start by saying this is very well organized, gj on that!

the art looks really cool, though perhaps remove the parts that resemble eye holes.

as for abilities:

his 1 seems really freeakin powerful. maybe remove the part where all enemies aggro the target? seems a bit strong for 25 energy.

his 4 is interesting... i dont know how i feel about it though tbh. it seems like it might actually be a little underwhelming for a 4. or maybe i'm just not seeing the potential for it that you see.

anyways, this seems really great! i wish there was more focus on the 4 arm thing though.

Just incredible! They say there are very few supporting warframes. And IMHO Tyrannus must stand in there frontline. What should I do to make this warframe possibru? D:<

Thanks for the support! You can help push the idea by sharing it with others and helping me with feedback on Tyrannus, such as on his abilities and art direction!

so  DEFINITELY like the concept, the art is amazing an i do like its direction, but i agree with this

If I understand this right, you want to make a frame with a strong personality and ideology. I think that is really cool. However the abilities have to be really spot on flavor wise to reflect this personality in game. My issue is with his fourth abilitiy: it seems too passive. The way it is now, Mag waves her arms around for a bit while Tyrannus is nearby and everyone gets a buff as long as the ability is active. What I think would be preferable is something like this:

Mark for Death
5/10 energy
Tyrannus identifies a dangerous enemy asset and orders his allies to destroy it.
On activation Tryannus points to an enemy (and maybe makes an awesome sound effect), that enemy begins to glow with Tyrannus's energy color and takes % more damage from all sources, the mark lasts X seconds or until the enemy dies. When a marked enemy is killed by a player, Tyrannus gains one morale/inspiration point for Y seconds. The morale points apply a buff to allied mobs within an innate X meter radius. The points stack, but retain their own individual durations i.e. adding more stacks does not refresh the duration of previous points.

This addresses two issues. 1. It puts Tyrannus in an active role, commanding his allies to kill certain enemies. 2. The innate aura better suits his legendary status. For example, take Volt's speed; Volt is not naturally the fastest frame, but with speed active, his is considerably faster. Loki however, is naturally faster, and doesn't need an ability to be fast. With that in mind, consider Rhino's roar. Rhino can activate an ability to be a leader and buff his team. I think Tyrannus should be more like Loki; he should naturally be more of a leader than frames like Rhino and not have to use an ability to be able to inspire his team.

Where would this go? Probably the third slot, certainly not his ult. He should have something flashy for his ultimate, but I'll leave that to someone more creative that me. I would put it the third slot. Not that I dislike his third ability (Tyrannus goes HAM and kicks premium ! is a cool ability), but it doesn't really fit with his Leader of Tenno theme.
Sorry if that sounded dismissive; that is not my intent. I'm just trying to make a great idea a little better.
also I love the art :)

that as a third ability would gig him a more active support /leader role. 

now, for the ult, and concerning his design. 

don't get me wrong i think its great and original, and really does bring something new to the table. but the fours arms is a bit much for just his normal stance. 

that being said, that look would be amazing for his "flashy" ult. make it a stance ult. 

tyrannous would use his ultimate to gain additional strength, passively increasing the morale of his allies while increase his own speed and attack power. this one could be very interesting, allowing tyrannous to utilized his primary and secondary while still having melee combos, (which would definitely ult material.) this would remove the zoom function but allow tyranuus to dominate a range AND CQC (Close quarters combat)

thats just a suggestion, nd you could still incorporate the strength per kill mechanic because that was very good.

otherwise i'd say you put a tremendous amount of effort into this and its a great design, maybe a bit dark but. hey. never say never right? (plus, theres a lot of dark S#&amp;&#036; in war frame so who cares!)

• 1 month later...

is sort of nice except 4x anything is overpowered. and the 4 probably resembles nova's too much. slow and damage even if it's amplifying per kill. also the whole frame's focus just seems to be to make everything overpowered and almost all 4 abilities x damage or another ability. he also doesn't pop visually to me. idk maybe if it was in model.

Edited by (XB1)xLone Arkangelx

• 5 years later...