Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's With These Build Costs?

hijinks_the_turtle

The Halikar is not worth 500 oxium at all.  That's 100 less than Zephyr!  A full blown warframe is only slightly more expensive than a tiny throwable hammer that's susceptible to the same horrible glitches that the glavies have.  Also, what's up with the Argon Crystal popping up in things it shouldn't be?  It made no sense when the Atterax Whip used 2 Argon Crystals (I had let this one slide last time since the rest of the materials are relatively easy to get a hold of).  However things like Halikar uses 500 Oxium with 2 Argons?

As for other build costs, time is also a problem.  The quest to even get to Limbo is a horrendous waiting game.  6 hours for each Archwing part and then twoish days just to get an Archwing (provided RNG is on your side for even receiving the correct parts).  Not going to say anything yet about the Limbo quest itself, since I don't have everything yet to start it.  Also why is there more clan research items with 3 days research times?  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's getting very common now...

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

I agree. Many weapons/items have requirements that are too steep or aren't even worth it. Overall, I find that the grind in this game is getting progressively harder with each passing update. For people as busy as myself, the grind is getting just a bit too time-consuming. I can barely get time to make some good progress in the game or manage my clan without being online for hours on end.  

I speculate that DE got in trouble with people rushing blueprints. They put something in the store for 200 plat, but people quickly amass stockpiles of resources and creds so if they want something right now they don't pay 200 plat, they get the BP for creds and rush it for 25-35plat and DE takes the loss.

Clan tech worked for a while, but now it's essentially the same thing. The average player who joins some established mega clan/alliance just goes to the dojo, buys a BP they already researched and then rushes it.

We've gone through a series of attempts at improving this, from clan tech resources and subcomponents to Cryotic but the community rejected most of them pretty hard as "grinding".

Argon isn't perfect, but it's their best attempt yet IMHO. It can't be stockpiled, adds replay to void missions, is gated by availability of keys, and adds incentive to explore the void's many secret areas. Until they hit the ten ring again with a new resource I think we'll be seeing a lot of Argon in the required components for shiny new things. Would be nice to get more sources though.

I agree. Many weapons/items have requirements that are too steep or aren't even worth it. Overall, I find that the grind in this game is getting progressively harder with each passing update. For people as busy as myself, the grind is getting just a bit too time-consuming. I can barely get time to make some good progress in the game or manage my clan without being online for hours on end.  

I feel they took a step forward reducing the grind and then took two giant leaps backward imo. :/

I speculate that DE got in trouble with people rushing blueprints. They put something in the store for 200 plat, but people quickly amass stockpiles of resources and creds so if they want something right now they don't pay 200 plat, they get the BP for creds and rush it for 25-35plat and DE takes the loss.

Clan tech worked for a while, but now it's essentially the same thing. The average player who joins some established mega clan/alliance just goes to the dojo, buys a BP they already researched and then rushes it.

We've gone through a series of attempts at improving this, from clan tech resources and subcomponents to Cryotic but the community rejected most of them pretty hard as "grinding".

Argon isn't perfect, but it's their best attempt yet IMHO. It can't be stockpiled, adds replay to void missions, is gated by availability of keys, and adds incentive to explore the void's many secret areas. Until they hit the ten ring again with a new resource I think we'll be seeing a lot of Argon in the required components for shiny new things. Would be nice to get more sources though.

For Argon to work for me, I agree that we need more sources, Void missions hardly drop much of them for some peeps.  While others get at least 2-3 in a mission or two.  It's too unpredictable and very monotonous to play the void over and over and over.

To be fair, Halikar is incredibly good, especially when you consider that it can disarm enemies. Still, you aren't the first person I've seen talking about the Oxium cost, so maybe it is a bit too high.

The bugs associated with the glaives makes it a very wonky weapon to use.  Though, the disarm bit was a really cool idea, it just doesn't merit much when the glaives can explode and take out multiple while the Halikar can only take out a person's weapon.

I doubt it; DE makes no money on people spending plat. They only make money on people buying it.

Okay, just found out that the grind in the sydicates is not very cool. They wanted forma, and now a catalyst? What's next? An entire warframe + a kubrow? What are you thinking DE? This just shows you are lengthening the grind for mods and stuff that may not be worth it. I really hope this is a mistake.

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/332024-im-beginning-to-think-this-is-a-bit-much/

Alright, so we're decided to make a new Grineer weapon. Why does it need Oxium, an Orokin resource discovered and used by the Corpus? Don't get me started on why some non-Orokin weapons require Argon Crystals, a rare Orokin alloy.