Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 Is Destroying Lower End Pc's Gameplay

YepShesDead

My significant other is the owner of an Optiplex 755 which, although not the greatest gaming PC, could handle Warframe quite well pre-U15, at 40 fps at a good time, and 10-20 when it got bad. 

Now, he can't do anything besides play regular missions, and most of the time not even that. He and I play Warframe together pretty much all of the time and do the same missions, difference being I have a much higher end PC, and even I'm experiencing more hiccoughs and stutters than I used to, myself. Voids and derelicts are 85% of our gameplay and he can't even load into the missions of either type without crashing. 

Needless to say, he finds it very frustrating. He loves the game, has supported it rather decently (just recently bought the new Targis armor set) but he's been very annoyed with his lack of ability to play ANYTHING. He can't get into the quest for Archwing, which means he can't get the new warframe either, and he can't get into any missions in voids or derelicts or even play excavation missions. So that's his entire gameplay shutdown. I'm almost sure there are many other cases of plenty other people facing similar issues.

I know you guys are working round the clock fixing as much as you can, but a lot of dedicated players can't even access the game right now due to video memory and such, and are understandably a bit upset. If there were a way to restore graphics to pre-U15 that would be this issue cleaned. I suggest an on-off setting for these new graphics that people can choose between so they're aren't completely botched like they are now. Until then, all I can ask for is a hotfix. 

Another old laptop user here. My 7 (I think) laptop has been able to run warframe up until u15 decently. I'm still getting about the same frame rate, however The game keeps stuttering and crashes a lot more than it did.

I have tried optimizing the download cash and unparking my cpu's. I may have gotten a bit of a frame rate jump from that, however it is still hanging for about a second every couple of seconds when its at its worst. The game isn't unplayable for me (although it is at a level I think many people would refuse to play, my standards on playable have gotten lower as my pc gets older), but it is definitely worse than pre u15.

Edited by Zeritol

我是個PC玩家不好意思不會英文  開始玩這款遊戲覺得很有一種可以長期玩下去的感覺,但這次的更新快讓我想放棄了,因為遊戲公司好像似乎想放棄低端PC玩家,全世界的低端PC玩家可能都遭到畫面有問題或者是跑不動,就算優化也一樣照常會崩潰  這次突然更新造成很多低端PC玩家的打擊 讓人心寒

Same problem here, cant even start my game when I hit "Play" button...it suddenly crashes and that annoying message keeps pops-up everytime i hit that button...now were sorry poor PC users, and im started to hate this game....I think it's better to look for another game whenever I spend some money just to play that "WF" ...sorry for the topic... but honestly were wasting too much time for that FIX issues to be solved... Sobrang kakainis na!

Are you guys playing through Steam? Cuz I would advise that you don't - my system is mid-range (ish!) - and since U13-14 Warframe performs exponentially better when simply running it solo instead of through the Steam client.

Yes - yes - achievements, friends etc ... but do you wanna play Warframe or not?!

I've been able to play warframe fine through update 14, my system is outdated compared to today's standards... I have a intel 2.4 quad core, 5 gig ddr2 ram, 1t hard drive with half of it's space free, nvidia geforce gt640. I have noticed about 2 weeks ago that my system is getting sluggish when I play warframe and windows 7 keeps reverting to the basic color scheme, I don't run a lot of programs, I like to keep my system clean and optimized as much as I can, my guess is that it's something to do with my ram as the core and graph card should still be fine, I can run basically any new game on the market right now if that's helpful info?

Maybe with the large number of new updates warframe is taking a toll on both system and video ram? optimization needed?

Are you guys playing through Steam? Cuz I would advise that you don't - my system is mid-range (ish!) - and since U13-14 Warframe performs exponentially better when simply running it solo instead of through the Steam client.

Yes - yes - achievements, friends etc ... but do you wanna play Warframe or not?!

I've never actually tried this. But I would imagine it's more to do with Steam Overlay than Steam itself. Will definitely try it out at a later date.

I've been able to play warframe fine through update 14, my system is outdated compared to today's standards... I have a intel 2.4 quad core, 5 gig ddr2 ram, 1t hard drive with half of it's space free, nvidia geforce gt640. I have noticed about 2 weeks ago that my system is getting sluggish when I play warframe and windows 7 keeps reverting to the basic color scheme, I don't run a lot of programs, I like to keep my system clean and optimized as much as I can, my guess is that it's something to do with my ram as the core and graph card should still be fine, I can run basically any new game on the market right now if that's helpful info?

Maybe with the large number of new updates warframe is taking a toll on both system and video ram? optimization needed?

It's probably just optimization issues. My old system was basically the same as yours (I guess you're on a Q6600 like I was) and it did run fairly well. Though my GPU was a HD5850 which has a bit of a kick over a GT640.

Easy way to check what Warframe is doing, go download GPU-Z or Open Hardware Monitor and check how much your CPU and GPU are being utilized when playing. If its your GT640 bottlenecking, you will see. 

Also I've noticed Nvidia's latest driver 344.48 ran worse than 344.11 or older for Warframe. Another few tips is to disable SMAA in-game, that will eat up a little more ram and go to your Nvidia Control Panel and try to set 'Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames' to 1. Also don't install Nvidia Experience when installing new drivers (Go to custom install and untick it), this has a habit of making games run worse when it 'optimizes' them. 

It's not even just low-end gear. i7-4700mq, 12gb ram, GTX 770M (3GB video card). It ran perfectly fine, even after U15, but the 2nd-last hotfix completely screwed up the game for me. There's like a 2 second response time to everything I do (moving cursor, typing in chat). I can't play under these conditions. And it's not even eating up much resources, control panel shows everything ~10%. Nothing else is lagging while I'm running Warframe, so it's Warframe-specific. 

These kinds of comments are unhelpful. It's been proven time and time again that running Steam with Warframe doesn't affect your performance whatsoever and that any problems arising are coincidental.

I can run Warframe just fine on a 10 year old OEM Dell computer at 30 fps with medium settings just fine. Steam is NOT these people's problem when they have a few year old computer and can't run the game. It's the crappy software on their computer, or simply not taking care of their PC.