Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam's Verification Option Still Exists

Rydian

Steam's verification option still exists, but this will backdate you to a really old version of Warframe, it doesn't actually verify it properly.

Other games on Steam that use their own CMS have the option disabled.

Warframe should as well.

Too many people try to verify the game through Steam, only to find that they have to reinstall 5.5/7.5GB.

EDIT: Sentence fixed for clarification.

Edited by Rydian

i concur. i remember seeing somewhere that Digital Extremes has badgered VALVe to remove that option from Warframe because it isn't useful, but we see that they haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Same here, I remember seeing that but it still hasn't happened.

i concur. i remember seeing somewhere that Digital Extremes has badgered VALVe to remove that option from Warframe because it isn't useful, but we see that they haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

No what needs to happen is that DE needs to push their latest update to Steam's server so when we do verify cache, we get the proper one.

Every other game company has no problem with this, it's only DE that's being stupid about this.

However this might not be their call.

Either use Steam or don't use it. Don't half &#! it with one foot in the door as it creates nothing but problems.

Edited by AluminumHaste

-snip-

Digital Extremes clearly doesn't want to be held back, this is why they have their own CDN.

so the fix for them is for the button to be removed for their game. it would be far from the first title on Steam to have such buttons removed.

Held back? In what possible way does Steam hold DE back?

They're talking about update verification and submission.

It doesn't take as long for Steam to do it as it does Sony and Microsoft for the console versions, but it's still an extra step that does not need to be there for Warframe since Warframe already has a functional CDN they use.

Since Warframe does not use Steam's CDN for anything other than an old base install, the verification option should be disabled for Warframe's title ID.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since Warframe does not use Steam's CDN for anything other than an old base install, the verification option should be disabled for Warframe's title ID.

And how you are supposed to install warframe via Steam?

It should be enabled, but the only thing it should verify/download is launcher.