Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again.

SS4312

So here's a small thought. Why not have a system kinda like DC universe Online, but not as absurdly fast where you can press a recovery button when stumbling so you can get up faster? I was thinking that if you are knocked backwards, pressing shift or some other button would cause you to turn the knock back into a back flip  Then you could just start shooting again. Thoughts anyone?

Apologies for crappy wording, 3:30 AM does that.

People have suggested this many times, but there hasn't been any dev response about it. What you're talking about is called Umeki/tech roll in fighting games, and would be extremely good to have in Warframe as you'd still need to time when to use it.

People have suggested this many times, but there hasn't been any dev response about it. What you're talking about is called Umeki/tech roll in fighting games, and would be extremely good to have in Warframe as you'd still need to time when to use it.

The devs have consistently made fun of the fact that when you get knocked down, you take forever to get back up, even though you're supposed to be an acrobatic ninja.  From that, I would assume there's willingness on their part to perhaps implement some techroll mechanic.  HOWEVER, they've recently hinted at introducing new mods that would make stuns last shorter/resist stun, which probably means there will be mods that help for knockdown as well, as in maybe %chance resist knockdown or faster get-up.  If those mods are implemented, the chance of them adding a techroll will diminish.

Also a silly fun fact is that when you are revived in coop, you hop back up agilely, and that's after you've taken so much damage you're bleeding out/incapacitated... so why is it you can't do the same when you're simply knocked off your feet by a level 1 leaper that did 5 damage to your shield?

Edited by Gestalt

Also a silly fun fact is that when you are revived in coop, you hop back up agilely, and that's after you've taken so much damage you're bleeding out/incapacitated... so why is it you can't do the same when you're simply knocked off your feet by a level 1 leaper that did 5 damage to your shield?

I always wondered about that too. The devs could also just have made a wake-up attack.

I really don't need an extra button to press if I get knocked down. Bake it into Jump (spacebar) if you must have it in.

This would make controls and learning new stuff so much more intuitive.

Get knocked down. Want to get up faster? People mash the jump key because it makes you go up.

You enjoy being perma-stunned because the game decided to put 6 Shockwave MOAs on the otherside of an elevator door?

Your reading comprehension is puzzling.

To spell it on words for you: I did not say I am against such a button, I said I don't NEED / WANT an EXTRA button for this action, it's effect can be added to SPACE (default for JUMP). Am not playing piano when I play a shooter, thank you.